Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

********The Euphyllia Club********

CosmicCanine

CosmicCanine

What? Whoops! Sorry Huskyboy! :lol:

Awesome torch! Cant really tell the color from the video, but the actual PE looks incredible!

Hahaha im just playing with ya, call me whatever you like haha.... And they get longer than that! theres pictures around here of TT extending two feet!

Its nuclear green!

HarryPotter

Just got a shipment in this morning.. Picked up two hammers, one pink and one green.

Picture of them after it was acclimated and dipped.

18018970809_2aaf0c3d5c_z.jpgPink and Green Hammers | Day 1 by Andy Ho, on Flickr

Picture of them later in the day with my other Euphyllia :)

18025045490_b72cde53f0_z.jpgPink and Green Hammers opened up | Day 1 by Andy Ho, on Flickr

Really nice Andy! I'm impressed how extended they are after only a day!

Question: are elegance corals euphyllia?

CosmicCanine

Really nice Andy! I'm impressed how extended they are after only a day!

Question: are elegance corals euphyllia?

No elegance are catalaphyllia.

ParanoidObseshun

Recent photo of cluster. Any suggestions on what colour piece to add next?

WP_20150531_19_28_35_Pro__highres_zpsrig

Very Nice! Are those frogspawns wall or branching?

Also nice collection so far Husky!

• Like 1

GOLD

Yellow frogspawn would look cool! I've only ever seen one for sale though.

Very Nice! Are those frogspawns wall or branching?

ReefSafeSolutions

Quick frogspawn behavior question...when my lights come on in the morning, my frogspawn is out in full force. The thing is just happy as can be. But around midday (before my lights start to dim) the it seems to retract to about 1/2, maybe 3/4 of its fullness. Seems like it happens every day...is this just frogspawn behavior, or should I be looking for some kind of issue?

Quick frogspawn behavior question...when my lights come on in the morning, my frogspawn is out in full force. The thing is just happy as can be. But around midday (before my lights start to dim) the it seems to retract to about 1/2, maybe 3/4 of its fullness. Seems like it happens every day...is this just frogspawn behavior, or should I be looking for some kind of issue?

They are probably getting a little too much light or you have a fish that is bothering them. My clown goby will occasionally flirt around in frogspawn polyps which causes them to withdraw a bit.

• Like 1
CosmicCanine

Does anybody have euphyllia that run a Jebao wave maker? Just wondering what the best setting for euphyllia would be... right now i have it rocking a wave and the coras sway back in forth, i think it looks the best that way. but i want the tank to be happy not me LOL!

ReefSafeSolutions

I think my wavemaker is Jebao...I don't know the technical name of the setting, but I have mine on the lowest setting, constantly blowing. I guess it just creates current rather than waves. I tried the wave setting, but it started messing with my overflow/media baskets. Got too noisy for my liking...I hate hearing the dropping water sound and rushing to the tank to make sure nothing has broken!

• Like 1
CosmicCanine

For flow in my system I have my jebao on "W1" set to rock back and forth, that's about all I have for flow.....Well, My HOB skimmer but its very low GPH. So far everything is doing fine, I've had the Jebao for about a week...

• 1 month later...
ReefSafeSolutions

Got a new torch today...my LFS had a bunch of them in their $20 frag tank...this one has two heads, and one of them looks like it's about to split into another head in the near future. Very cool! I think it's just a typical torch, but I've been on the hunt for one at a good price for a while now, so hopefully this one scratches the itch for the time being!

E6546625-589C-4ED8-8AFC-F97CFB44BB3F_zps

Do you think the torch is too close to the frogspawn? (I'm hoping it isn't too close to the Duncan either...should open up in a day or two and I'll be able to tell, I suppose)

ReefSafeSolutions

LFS had a sale today...got another torch with 2 heads for $16 :D

I'm looking forward to these two puffing up and spreading out! The yellow tip torch is happier, but the purple/white tip torch was added earlier today...not bad!

5D98671E-215A-45E9-94A1-E911A805CFF7_zps

My 1 month old frogspawn and 2 week torch...

post-88864-0-59426700-1439586377_thumb.jpg

Frogspawn went from 1 to 3 heads in 4 weeks! Question: If I decide to move my torch (which I already want to), is it okay if the torch and the frogspawn touch each other? I've read that all euphyllia are safe to touch each other, but have also read that that only applies to frogspawn and hammers.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
righttirefire

So I'm curious could this be a sky blue hammer?

20150902_175915_zpstbrv4hhz.jpg

I was doing so window shopping today and came across this at tidal garden,

http://www.tidalgardens.com/coral/wysiwyg-corals/sky-blue-hammer-wysiwyg2.html

Not that it matters, but it defiantly spiked my curiosity. I remember buying it as a new arrival to the LFS and he wasn't impressed by it and urged me to wait for his aussie shipment to arrive. Buy $10 later it was bagged up and going home with me... that was months ago now.

Hard to tell, but I have a new euphyllia story that might depress folks wanting to color them up quick.

I bought a green wall frogspawn 2 years ago, always brown with green tips. A real killer, as in it reached up 8 inches to kill part of an acan I had mounted above it. It also killed 2 branching frogspawns, just touched them and they were dead a day later. I hate to get rid of corals so I've held on to it, always placed back in a corner away from everything.

So here we are 2 years later, in my 150 gallon, down on the lower left side, and the damn thing is bi-color, green and purple tips. It just started turning a few weeks ago and this isn't the greatest pic. :)

kJbNUr.jpg

I have not been exceptionally kind to this thing and it has receded a bit but now is in much brighter light and in a location where I don't think it can reach anything. Maybe. :) I'm running my tank as stable as possible to color up some acros.

• Like 1

Here is my stumpy frogspawn at night. The original head is on the right, the stumpy leaning left head is just, well, weird. They both extend fully during the day with the left one looking as if it is trying to climb down off the rock.

post-74710-0-64589900-1441500671_thumb.jpg