Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

********The Euphyllia Club********

CosmicCanine

HarryPotter

Guess whos about to have his hand on a Todds Torch?! :haha:omgomgomg:naughtydance::naughtydance:

What the hell is a Todds Torch?!>????!??!?!??!

Congratulations but we still don't know what one looks like :lol:

righttirefire

Ok... I don't get it... I have a similar torch... green with purple tips, under atinics. Just like the one in the video... I've posted pics here just never under atinics. My phone hates atinics for pictures

My 2 year old Gold Torch. Very slow grower, but very healthy and stable.

KBDV68.jpg

HOLY CR#P that's stunning!!! Aussie? I've had my eye on one at the LFS for the longest time but I couldn't pull the trigger since I out of tank real estate

• Like 1

HOLY CR#P that's stunning!!! Aussie? I've had my eye on one at the LFS for the longest time but I couldn't pull the trigger since I out of tank real estate

I got extremely lucky with that one. I was in a local store looking for something else and saw this yellowish torch with one dead head and one live one. it looked more like a wall frogspawn than a torch. Ask some employee, who was new, how much. $25. Ok. :) At the time I figured it would be greenish yellow at best.

ParanoidObseshun

How much do you want for it?

Its a show off thread, I am not looking to sell anything. Unique corals has one now if you want a purple octo.

Lol good find! the one at my LFS is like $100 for 3 heads.

$100 for 3 heads still isnt bad. I see them for sale often at $70+ per head.

• Like 1

Its a show off thread, I am not looking to sell anything. Unique corals has one now if you want a purple octo.

I'll check them out.

CosmicCanine

Todds Torch, basically a fellow reefer in upstate NY got one and labeled it "Todds". It's local to upstate, put it this way, it took me 3 years of searching an i finally found one. its SOOO bright. and the tentacles can get up to 2ft+. they are realy hard to find, well the guy gave me two heads (keep in mind they go for over 100$ a head) for 70$. THEN he threw in a frag of Jason Fox sunset monti, and some Jason Fox god of war palys, AND jason fox blue hornets, AND some other jason fox zoa. all that for 70$ Then he asked if i wanted a drink or some food for the road.. Dudes awesome! Ive never met such a nice couple... very happy!

Trust me, i was the same way (looks like a normal green torch) NAH not until you see it in person, even in sunlight its more green than a green torch. its so green its almost yellow! its like kryptonite green. not many people can get their hand on one, if you arent from upstate NY youll never see a todds unless you get it shipped. and no vendors carry them. they go for 100 a head, and ive seen them go for 400 for 3 heads.

blankminded

Todds Torch, basically a fellow reefer in upstate NY got one and labeled it "Todds". It's local to upstate, put it this way, it took me 3 years of searching an i finally found one. its SOOO bright. and the tentacles can get up to 2ft+. they are realy hard to find, well the guy gave me two heads (keep in mind they go for over 100$ a head) for 70$. THEN he threw in a frag of Jason Fox sunset monti, and some Jason Fox god of war palys, AND jason fox blue hornets, AND some other jason fox zoa. all that for 70$ Then he asked if i wanted a drink or some food for the road.. Dudes awesome! Ive never met such a nice couple... very happy!

Trust me, i was the same way (looks like a normal green torch) NAH not until you see it in person, even in sunlight its more green than a green torch. its so green its almost yellow! its like kryptonite green. not many people can get their hand on one, if you arent from upstate NY youll never see a todds unless you get it shipped. and no vendors carry them. they go for 100 a head, and ive seen them go for 400 for 3 heads.

Where about's in Northern NY are you from? I'm in Oswego and there are a few people local that have todds for sale.

• Like 1
CosmicCanine

Where about's in Northern NY are you from? I'm in Oswego and there are a few people local that have todds for sale.

Just got a two headed chunker for 70$ :)

Im from upstate....like....really upstate... watertown!

righttirefire

Apology if this is off topic, but Righttirefire my lights are off and you should see the sweepers on this todds torch i got today. probably 5+ inches long. i wish my camera would focus but it sucks in the dark. stupid nikons.

I've never seen sweepers... are my corals disfunctional?

• Like 1
HarryPotter

I've only seen sweepers on my CHALICE!

None from the FrogSpawn, Torch, Hammer, etc. Just the freaking chalice. Growl.

I've only seen sweepers on my CHALICE!

None from the FrogSpawn, Torch, Hammer, etc. Just the freaking chalice. Growl.

I've never seen sweepers on a torch, but my wall frogspawn wiped out all my branching frogspawn ... seriously, so I moved it over in a corner and it put up a 6 or 7 inch sweeper and killed to heads of an acan. I still have the bastard, on the very left side of my 150.

CosmicCanine

Okay so, here's some clarification of just how green a todds torch is... these photos were taken at 11:51PM my lights have been out since 9:30PM....I took these two photos with lights out with flash on, and my camera is white balanced, NO PHOTOSHOP, no photo manipulation here... these are the real colors of the coral, and under actinics, the TT is such a flourescent green its like a yellow tshirt under a blacklight....

18081160176_4a63c85df9_o.jpgneon green torch by Cameron Everard, on Flickr

17485076904_ba9bddf6e0_o.jpgTodds Torch by Cameron Everard, on Flickr

Note: sweepers have since receded... I think the TT was searching for a snack after lights out.

Meh, just varies on conditions/hunger most likely...

CosmicCanine

Awesome Cameron! Lookin wavy!

First person that called me by my real name! Haha! And thank you! I'm in love with it!

HarryPotter

First person that called me by my real name! Haha! And thank you! I'm in love with it!

What? Whoops! Sorry Huskyboy! :lol:

Awesome torch! Cant really tell the color from the video, but the actual PE looks incredible!

• Like 1