Innovative Marine Aquariums

Wretched's JBJ 45RL

Wretched

she's such a sweetheart too, she's almost 12 now? i wish i had a dog, but i don't have a yard. some day!

Understandable. I take both my dogs to the office to hang out with clients and staff that may be in they love going places and meeting new people
  • Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thecoralbeauty

Understandable. I take both my dogs to the office to hang out with clients and staff that may be in they love going places and meeting new people

oh my god if i took a dog into my classroom every day i would be a superhero lol.... and probably fired since i work at a public school and allergies and what not.

The husky stays with my parents. At the time I was living in an apartment that didn't allow big dogs, besides I wouldn't keep a husky in such a small area. He's too comfortable at my parents.

Here's my Jax though, 3 years old. Rescued him from an abusive home at 6 months old. It takes a lot of patience and work with a husky. He's made a complete 180 and is very energetic and loving. He's your typical Husky who loves to destroy plants, pull me on my rollerblades, and lick you all over..

20150507_132655_zpsct4r69yr.jpg

oh my god if i took a dog into my classroom every day i would be a superhero lol.... and probably fired since i work at a public school and allergies and what not.

Yea I understand that for sure. I do it cause the consumers enjoy them but also it helps me socialize them really well especially with the autistic and IDD individuals we have,as well as hopefully dispelling some of the bad press and stigma my dogs breeds have.

Was this reef a "getting out" present for yourself? Mine sure was haha

And no, since I am going through my photos... This was my getting out present!

20150410_190141_zpscfxt10mp.jpg

Yea I understand that for sure. I do it cause the consumers enjoy them but also it helps me socialize them really well especially with the autistic and IDD individuals we have,as well as hopefully dispelling some of the bad press and stigma my dogs breeds have.

Very nice.. It's amazing the benefits of animals and human interaction. I did some volunteer work for a children's hospital that used mobile fish tanks as therapy accessories... Really crazy how the effects have on people.

The husky stays with my parents. At the time I was living in an apartment that didn't allow big dogs, besides I wouldn't keep a husky in such a small area. He's too comfortable at my parents.

Here's my Jax though, 3 years old. Rescued him from an abusive home at 6 months old. It takes a lot of patience and work with a husky. He's made a complete 180 and is very energetic and loving. He's your typical Husky who loves to destroy plants, pull me on my rollerblades, and lick you all over..

20150507_132655_zpsct4r69yr.jpg

That's a very handsome dog man. Well done on the turn around. Does he howl when you leave or ignore him? Lol my girl took the akita out the other night to potty and he just sat where I park my truck and started howling cause I wasn't there lol she said it was really sad/sweet

That's a very handsome dog man. Well done on the turn around. Does he howl when you leave or ignore him? Lol my girl took the akita out the other night to potty and he just sat where I park my truck and started howling cause I wasn't there lol she said it was really sad/sweet

Thank you.. That is really cute. He only howls when he see's my pops black running shoes or you say the "W" word.... shhh, walk. He starts howling away and running in circles. He's an outside dog 99% of the time, until the fireworks go off then he comes inside... really gets scared of them.

Cencalfishguy56

I'm having problems selling equipment that's damn near brand new lol. I like to keep things as is, just in case. I'm fine with skimming wet...

What's weird is I used to get this:

20150530_142630_zpseszfhjks.jpg

Then it stopped. This picture was about a month ago.

Oh yea, frags arrived and are being dipped and acclimated :)

Did you order from salt critters bro?

Very nice.. It's amazing the benefits of animals and human interaction. I did some volunteer work for a children's hospital that used mobile fish tanks as therapy accessories... Really crazy how the effects have on people.

That is how you do yourself right after all you probably went through,buy a corvette. You defended the American dream,may as well drive one :D

Yes,there's a hospital in London I think that has kept animals on the grounds since like the 1700's due to noticed therapy they provide without doing much other than being there.

Little known fact,Hellen Keller had the first Akita Inu on American soil .

That is how you do yourself right after all you probably went through,buy a corvette. You defended the American dream,may as well drive one :D

Yes,there's a hospital in London I think that has kept animals on the grounds since like the 1700's due to noticed therapy they provide without doing much other than being there.

Little known fact,Hellen Keller had the first Akita Inu on American soil .

Lol, my truck with all my deployment money put into it got stolen right out of my drive way... But insurance did me very well, here's the result. Just sucks to lose a hobby that my pops and I shared from hard earned money that was put into my truck. All in all; it worked out.

That's a pretty interesting fact, didn't know that. I was looking at Akita's before I had my pooch, but the fire inside me burns when I see animals that are mistreated. I've rescued 3 cats, a dog, and a blue tang from petsmart! haha

Did you order from salt critters bro?

I certainly did, no clue what I got for the frag box. They're being acclimated currently. They'll be in the tank within 10 minutes. Once they open, i'll most definitely post pictures up and leave a review.

thecoralbeauty

yea! I swear my dream job would be combining my horse/dog love with my special education work. the horses we use for the polo team are racetrack rescues, the horses that somehow can't race well anymore and would otherwise be put down- the game really helps them emotionally and gives them a lot of mental stimulus, but also i think i could credit my own horse for helping me through some rough times when my husband passed away (he was also military, but it was a suicide)- i was actually with her when it happened.

my dog stays at my parents too. i'm glad you get to take your dogs out in public- we had to work really hard to socialize our dog. australian cattle dogs (though we love them- she's our third) are typically fearful of strangers and tend to bond and listen to commands from only one person. when she was a puppy we took her everywhere and just shoved her in anyone's arms who would take her haha she turned out well. she's definitely daddy's girl though, and while she minds my mom and i, if dad's home, it's like we don't exist haha. and since i adopted the cats, they pretend i don't exist either. hahah there's a lot of that going around! lol

No doubt sir. Ya got a good heart. I love my truck haven't done anything to it,gonna wait till I pay it off. I'm sorry yours got jacked though :/

yea! I swear my dream job would be combining my horse/dog love with my special education work. the horses we use for the polo team are racetrack rescues, the horses that somehow can't race well anymore and would otherwise be put down- the game really helps them emotionally and gives them a lot of mental stimulus, but also i think i could credit my own horse for helping me through some rough times when my husband passed away (he was also military, but it was a suicide)- i was actually with her when it happened.

my dog stays at my parents too. i'm glad you get to take your dogs out in public- we had to work really hard to socialize our dog. australian cattle dogs (though we love them- she's our third) are typically fearful of strangers and tend to bond and listen to commands from only one person. when she was a puppy we took her everywhere and just shoved her in anyone's arms who would take her haha she turned out well. she's definitely daddy's girl though, and while she minds my mom and i, if dad's home, it's like we don't exist haha. and since i adopted the cats, they pretend i don't exist either. hahah there's a lot of that going around! lol

We all should get together a business plan lol.
Cencalfishguy56

Lol, my truck with all my deployment money put into it got stolen right out of my drive way... But insurance did me very well, here's the result. Just sucks to lose a hobby that my pops and I shared from hard earned money that was put into my truck. All in all; it worked out.

That's a pretty interesting fact, didn't know that. I was looking at Akita's before I had my pooch, but the fire inside me burns when I see animals that are mistreated. I've rescued 3 cats, a dog, and a blue tang from petsmart! haha

I certainly did, no clue what I got for the frag box. They're being acclimated currently. They'll be in the tank within 10 minutes. Once they open, i'll most definitely post pictures up and leave a review.

Awesome man I almost bought it, probably should have but can't wait to see what you got!

thecoralbeauty

No doubt sir. Ya got a good heart. I love my truck haven't done anything to it,gonna wait till I pay it off. I'm sorry yours got jacked though :/

We all should get together a business plan lol.

or just branch off the ASPCA to fish... (here's looking at you petco!) and combine it with ASD treatment centers and schools. my friends think I'm crazy for being able to spend so much time with animals and sit in front of the fishtank for hours and hours, but really, i think it's good for the soul!

post-79628-0-48325000-1435688894.jpgpost-79628-0-93638400-1435688972.jpg

Wanted to join in the furry animal pictures

or just branch off the ASPCA to fish... (here's looking at you petco!) and combine it with ASD treatment centers and schools. my friends think I'm crazy for being able to spend so much time with animals and sit in front of the fishtank for hours and hours, but really, i think it's good for the soul!

GENIUS!!!!

Animals definitely do some good for the soul. In Iraq one of the aid stations used to have a dog and we could just go pet and play with for a few minutes at a time. It really helped put the load off after a long day. It's amazing how just playing with an animal can make you feel so relaxed.

Hmmm I think you just described a near perfect woman lol.
HarryPotter

Omg. I feel so synced haha

This is my furry animal. I taught him to sit! He's so good at it now- even with food in front of him he waits for me to snap or say "okay!"

F45BE8E8-6A98-4CAB-B180-3CFB885A037E_zps

thecoralbeauty

Hmmm I think you just described a near perfect woman lol.

well, if that's true it's amazing how i've managed to stay single since being widowed. hahaha i must be too picky. or too absorbed with my critters lol

1526263_10202790045370521_201285808_n_zp

10298891_10203686530462088_4478730247199

HarryPotter

well, if that's true it's amazing how i've managed to stay single since being widowed. hahaha i must be too picky. or too absorbed with my critters lol

1526263_10202790045370521_201285808_n_zp

10298891_10203686530462088_4478730247199

Speaking of horses and special needs, that's what I was doing this morning. Giving children on the autism spectrum (5-8 years old) rides on ponies. Really fun- they LOVED it.

Are "ponies" a separate species than horses, or just minerarure horses? Not baby horses, right?

(Pardon my incompetence haha)

thecoralbeauty

Speaking of horses and special needs, that's what I was doing this morning. Giving children on the autism spectrum (5-8 years old) rides on ponies haha.

they're seriously the best, right?

the horse in that photo is a little spitfire- she's never thrown me but damn, when i tick her off there's hell to pay. but when i put my little 4 year old cousin on her the other day, she was tiptoeing around like it was the most precious thing she'd ever had on her back. haha kept looking back to make sure she was doing ok. after that, the 4 year old wanted to come home and see the fish-tank. she was as entranced as i usually am. :)

my cats, however, ran and hid. they hadn't ever seen a miniature person before. haha

HarryPotter

they're seriously the best, right?

the horse in that photo is a little spitfire- she's never thrown me but damn, when i tick her off there's hell to pay. but when i put my little 4 year old cousin on her the other day, she was tiptoeing around like it was the most precious thing she'd ever had on her back. haha kept looking back to make sure she was doing ok. after that, the 4 year old wanted to come home and see the fish-tank. she was as entranced as i usually am. :)

my cats, however, ran and hid. they hadn't ever seen a miniature person before. haha

So are minerarure horses a separate breed? Now I'm really curious. Are they just horses need to be small?

thecoralbeauty

So are minerarure horses a separate breed? Now I'm really curious. Are they just horses need to be small?

mini horses are a different breed, yes. sorry that was confusing.

that horse in the photo is a quarter horse. she's small for her breed, but she's still well built for a quarter horse. (known for their muscles). generally mini horses have more hot personalities but as they get older they mellow out and so they make good therapy horses and good horses for kids as they're little and can't do much damage stepping on you or throwing you.

the large breeds like those used for pulling and ploughing are known for being super mellow and calm, but they aren't used much for kids or therapy bc they're so huge and it scares the kids. (plus, it's a much longer fall to the ground and it could break your foot if you got your toes stepped on) For some perspective- here's a clydesdale that was at the barn for a while, female "Duchess"- so slightly smaller than a male. I'm 5ft10- and she's still ginormous compared to me!10320554_10203645511916650_7932063490716

Sorry for the thread hijack. :(

Post some new coral pics already!!! :):wub:

Wow, i'm sorry to hear about your husband. It's a tough situation. I don't want to hit any emotional spots on that subject. But as we patrol there's a bunch of rabid dogs(they aren't necessarily "pets" in afghan) but we'd get a bunch of dogs coming onto our COP and we'd hang with them. It was nice to have the company

Here's my mortar buddy and me on the right back in 2010 with one of the pooches..

221723_151475358252353_1114937_n_zpstlj5

Archived