Coral Vue Hydros

Wretched's JBJ 45RL

Wretched

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colors are incredible!

I have so much trouble with the radion, it makes me want to try the same fixture or one of dave's hybrids.

You like the ATI 6x24w?

Before I had the Primes and Maxspect I ran a 6x24 Ebay fixture for over a year and I loved that... So far after about a week back to T5 and full blast... I LOVE it even more! I had the XR15 for about a month and I let it go... Great light, but my problem is physical, aquascape and large corals... so LED just aren't my tanks forte atm.

The throwback photo still looks sick but the shots where the corals have grown really big look the best.

I think that's going to be my plan to have 6 or 7 large colony's.

I really dig the 'filled out' look as well, but there's not much room for variety anymore. I have a feeling im going to be on the lookout for more torches and hammers that i'll place in the sandbed to fill that up :P

Thanks guys I'm pretty religious with the cleaning and carbon removal for sure . No issues so far,1000 rounds or so of xm855 and ss109

Friggin awesome

There you go. Lots of failures start happening with lack of care. Clean, and wet.. Dry is a no go.

Was this reef a "getting out" present for yourself? Mine sure was haha

Haha! No, that was my Biocube 14 gallon =). This reef was, shit I live in an apartment and can't go big reef tank lol. I have moved since then, but my funds can't support my next build that I dream of lol. This will due, lots of money already into this "nano" haha

Exactly like that! 24" 6 x 24 bulb. It worked... and it grew everything. Is it aesthetically pleasing? Not really, and heat was a big issue being the light sat right on top of the water. For the price, it's great. I ran it for almost over a year.. Will I ever go back? Never. This sunpower is great. I'd recommend finding a used one for cheaper if you can. Also, I removed the bulbs instantly and used ATI bulbs in that fixture

Update: Just got two Cobal Aquatics MJ 1200 return pumps to replace my stock jbj pumps, a magnet scaper attachment for my mag float, and just installed all new filters for my RODI...prepare to be disgusted.

2015-06-24_14.47.58_zpssnm8qkxk.jpg

This is why you change your filters sooner folks :)

20150624_134655_zpsiloqisar.jpg

20150624_140617_zpsn5qt1gp4.jpg

HarryPotter

Why do you have the skimmer in the input chamber? You could fit in the one next to that and use a basket with media there :)

Hope you like the Cobalts- and GROSS RODI

......... Cad Lights PLS-50 Elite?

JBJ RL-45?

Yea, maybe I have to twist my pump around to get it in there. I'll attempt again when I change out the returns!

That's gross hahaha

Yea I know, didn't know it was that bad... didn't seem that way when I was using the water.... it tested at 10 tds

HarryPotter

Yea, maybe I have to twist my pump around to get it in there. I'll attempt again when I change out the returns!

Yea I know, didn't know it was that bad... didn't seem that way when I was using the water.... it tested at 10 tds

Heres a video I made for someone who wanted to see the skimmer in action. Maybe you'll see how to arrange it?

Yea you made this video for me right xD?

Heres a video I made for someone who wanted to see the skimmer in action. Maybe you'll see how to arrange it?

Yep, Harry forced me to buy them or he said he'd kill me.

Good selection on pump upgrade. I still have my accella pumps for backup/salt mixing.
Tank looks good bro!

Yea you made this video for me right xD?

Yep, Harry forced me to buy them or he said he'd kill me.

Haha fair enough.
HarryPotter

Whoops yeah video was for you lol

Still considering murder it if you don't move the skimmer to the secondary chamber

The movement will commence, that's for sure.... and seriously if you guys do NOT have this easy glass attachment.... you need to order it now... holy crap...

http://www.marinedepot.com/Easy_Blade_(Glass_Only)_Algae_Magnets_Accessories_for_Saltwater_Aquariums-Algae_Free_Sure_Flow_Sure_Grip-AF1311-FIMTAMAC-vi.html

I just tore through hard spotted algae that I could never get off(even this the JBJ scraper/razor blade) my glass with a few strokes back and forth... WOW.

Whoops yeah video was for you lol

Still considering murder it if you don't move the skimmer to the secondary chamber

Ok so, both pumps are in... the same pump that I thought was 'dying' is happening to the new pump as well. it's just trickling out of the return locline... as far as the other pump, it's roaring like a rapid river... I cleaned both tubes from the pump to the back of the tank return line... so thats not the issue...?

Moved the skimmer as well, now im getting madddd micro bubbles. Great

The movement will commence, that's for sure.... and seriously if you guys do NOT have this easy glass attachment.... you need to order it now... holy crap...

http://www.marinedepot.com/Easy_Blade_(Glass_Only)_Algae_Magnets_Accessories_for_Saltwater_Aquariums-Algae_Free_Sure_Flow_Sure_Grip-AF1311-FIMTAMAC-vi.html

I just tore through hard spotted algae that I could never get off(even this the JBJ scraper/razor blade) my glass with a few strokes back and forth... WOW.

So the back of our JBJ 45 RL's are arylic or plastic????

Can you use that scraper on that part?

If not what do you use to clean it?

With the back of the tank, I use my jbj scaper. It comes with a few tools that attach to it... Check it out on marinedepot. I keep a lot of flow back there so algae doesnt rest there so I dont get much back there

So the back of our JBJ 45 RL's are arylic or plastic????
Can you use that scraper on that part?
If not what do you use to clean it?

Ok, so.... I've been having issues with my skimmer not really producing a foam. I've had the skimmer for 2-3 months now and when I use acruel phosphate pad it skims like a champ. Without the pad, all I get are tiny bubbles that will sit at the bottom of the neck. Today, after I had moved the skimmer into a different chamber I decided to clean the pump and the outlet where the pump creates bubbles. Some of the holes were clogged with gunk and I removed all of it. It seems my skimmer likes to be clean for it to produce better? After plugging it right back in, w/ no adjustments I am producing a bunch of foam. No skim yet because I just turned it back on but check it out!

20150624_173352_zps53uxpoin.jpg

HarryPotter

Ok, so.... I've been having issues with my skimmer not really producing a foam. I've had the skimmer for 2-3 months now and when I use acruel phosphate pad it skims like a champ. Without the pad, all I get are tiny bubbles that will sit at the bottom of the neck. Today, after I had moved the skimmer into a different chamber I decided to clean the pump and the outlet where the pump creates bubbles. Some of the holes were clogged with gunk and I removed all of it. It seems my skimmer likes to be clean for it to produce better? After plugging it right back in, w/ no adjustments I am producing a bunch of foam. No skim yet because I just turned it back on but check it out!

20150624_173352_zps53uxpoin.jpg

What a boss! Yeah completely clogged pump will probably have an effect on foaming!

And why the hell is the pump still in the intake section?!?!

What a boss! Yeah completely clogged pump will probably have an effect on foaming!

And why the hell is the pump still in the intake section?!?!

Check it

Archived