Innovative Marine Aquariums

Wretched's JBJ 45RL

Wretched

Yea i'm not sure bro but that's the first time i've cleaned the skimmer body and pump in 2-3 months since i've got it. But even then it didn't foam like that... Maybe because that was its breakin period and after the breakin it got clogged. Only some of the holes were clogged. It's possible that the venturi was possibly clogged as well because I ran some water and blew through it. I dig that foam now. It's already creating a nice dry foam on top of the bubbles. Will provide an update tomorrow. Hopefully I can square away this pump issue...

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

Yea i'm not sure bro but that's the first time i've cleaned the skimmer body and pump in 2-3 months since i've got it. But even then it didn't foam like that... Maybe because that was its breakin period and after the breakin it got clogged. Only some of the holes were clogged. It's possible that the venturi was possibly clogged as well because I ran some water and blew through it. I dig that foam now. It's already creating a nice dry foam on top of the bubbles. Will provide an update tomorrow. Hopefully I can square away this pump issue...

Sounds great! Foam looks perfect- same as mine :)

I do think its a bit high if you are looking for dark/dry foam, but you'll finalize that later :)

Yes sir. I'll keep it here for tonight, and adjust tomorrow... You guys have helped a lot!

Sounds great! Foam looks perfect- same as mine :)

I do think its a bit high if you are looking for dark/dry foam, but you'll finalize that later :)

Found an even older throw back, look at how small my toad and euhpyllias were. Just little babies

IMG_1581_zps32ff10e4.jpg

They get so big so fast lol ;p

They get so big so fast lol ;p

Right? This was in a red sea max 34 gallon! I miss that gonipora..... had her for a year, and poof out of nowhere.

My torch used to extend really big (10") Until my clowns decided it was their home now... But I am ok with it, if it's still alive and splitting that is...

2015-06-25_12.44.53_zpsnlmelcxp.jpg

Tang doing tang things with my chromis

2015-06-25_12.43.25_zpsyohzjque.jpg

thecoralbeauty

How come I don't get automatic notifications when people reply on my thread =(? I would have never known anyone replies. Ugh, let me get some updated info, and a video =)

had the same issue on mine. unfollow and re-follow should fix it.

Thanks, i'll give that a shot right now. So weird. I'll follow yours =)

had the same issue on mine. unfollow and re-follow should fix it.

HarryPotter

Also just saw you took advantage of salt critters Sunday Funday,what did you order bro?! :D

Hmm I dunno about them. I checked out the sale, 5 for $50 w free shipping, but was not impressed with the Zoas they had for sale. All red people eaters, radioactive green, etc. Cheaper than $10 each at a fair LFS? :(

Yep, but they also had some pinkish/red ones that looked decent and some hawaiin in the mix. I picked up a couple of things...

Picked up some cool looking enchinatas.. Blue/orange/pink/yellow/red. Almost rainbow looking for 10$. Either way this will be good for my 10g fusion thats been up for over 6 months with expensive equipment but no livestock other than the few heads of frogspawn I fragged from main colony.

my LFS is hit or miss, mostly miss..

Hmm I dunno about them. I checked out the sale, 5 for $50 w free shipping, but was not impressed with the Zoas they had for sale. All red people eaters, radioactive green, etc. Cheaper than $10 each at a fair LFS? :(

Way to rain on the guys parade Harry geez. Lol. Good deals are subjective to what people are looking for ya dig?

Yep, but they also had some pinkish/red ones that looked decent and some hawaiin in the mix. I picked up a couple of things...

Picked up some cool looking enchinatas.. Blue/orange/pink/yellow/red. Almost rainbow looking for 10$. Either way this will be good for my 10g fusion thats been up for over 6 months with expensive equipment but no livestock other than the few heads of frogspawn I fragged from main colony.

Good haul buddy. Can't wait to see the pics!

Way to rain on the guys parade Harry geez. Lol. Good deals are subjective to what people are looking for ya dig?

Good haul buddy. Can't wait to see the pics!

we became best friends, too- cat!!

Nice, glad I got more best friends ha. Now i'm waiting for my Ducks fans, ultimimate BFFs....say kings, it's on like... well you know.

thecoralbeauty

photos soon! echinatas a pretty underrated corals if you ask me

Nice, glad I got more best friends ha. Now i'm waiting for my Ducks fans, ultimimate BFFs....say kings, it's on like... well you know.

I don't follow hockey so you're safe lol. Football on the other hand....

photos soon! echinatas a pretty underrated corals if you ask me

Photos will be up =) They shipped my order today. *crosses fingers for the best*

I don't follow hockey so you're safe lol. Football on the other hand....

Ha, ok :P So, my skimmer filled up more in the time yesterday than it did that 3-4 days with keeping it dirty. It's about the same color... and more of it. I'm at loss for words on what to think or do.

Honestly bro it may be that your water is that Clean as we've tried and tried all options just about. I mean the pics of your tank everything is spotless especially compared to mine lol.

HarryPotter

Photos will be up =) They shipped my order today. *crosses fingers for the best*

Ha, ok :P So, my skimmer filled up more in the time yesterday than it did that 3-4 days with keeping it dirty. It's about the same color... and more of it. I'm at loss for words on what to think or do.

I get about half a cup in three or four days of very dark skimate

Hey man I got off my lazy ass and measured my skimmer depth. From the suction cups to the waterline is exactly 9 1/2". Don't know if that helps,also I got mine even better dialed in by closing the holes a tad more than described. I have a little under a half cup from an empty cup in about 2 days from the slight change.

I get about half a cup in three or four days of very dark skimate

That's some nice skimming Harry

Archived