Jump to content
obeythefro

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

Recommended Posts

eddieh

I am sure this is covered somewhere in this epic thread but...what is the deal with the false bottom? Is there a reason for it? I suspect I won’t need to clean it out often as I use filter floss. Never the less, I don’t get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Cannedfish
16 minutes ago, eddieh said:

I am sure this is covered somewhere in this epic thread but...what is the deal with the false bottom? Is there a reason for it? I suspect I won’t need to clean it out often as I use filter floss. Never the less, I don’t get it.

I believe it's to add water volume to the return pump chamber, which is especially helpful if you use an over-sized pump and/or have heavy evaporation. It's also a great place for fish to hide and makes it nearly impossible to get them out if they jump and land in that chamber... stupid possum wrasse. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
MrObscura

Yea, I figured it was to increase volume in the return chamber, which is nice since I run an oversized pump. But I've lost an ato bracket and a suction cup down there that I can't get out.  lol

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
letskeepcoolpeeps

I'm starting my Nuvo 10 build with most parts already on their way.   Before I suck the nutrients out of this fish bowl I thought I'd make a contribution.   DFS has the IM Nuvo APS Open Peninsula 14 stand for $59!  Snatch it while you can. 

 

Also ordered 20 lbs of Caribsea life rock and will be selling the extras.

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
1 hour ago, letskeepcoolpeeps said:

I'm starting my Nuvo 10 build with most parts already on their way.   Before I suck the nutrients out of this fish bowl I thought I'd make a contribution.   DFS has the IM Nuvo APS Open Peninsula 14 stand for $59!  Snatch it while you can. 

 

Also ordered 20 lbs of Caribsea life rock and will be selling the extras.

 

I saw that and grabbed one for my cold water reef. I was thinking about getting one for the IM10 but the only thing is it would have to be ran as a peninsula as the IM10 is 15 inches deep and this stand is only 12 inches deep if not set up peninsula style. Not that it is awful to just set it up that way but been trying to figure out where to put another peninsula stand lol

Share this post


Link to post
letskeepcoolpeeps

How does this puzzle look for my IM Nano 10 that is on the way? The peak of the biggest rock reaches 9"/22cm.  I tried to make a tall V-shaped cave. All rocks lay fairly securely.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
banasophia
30 minutes ago, letskeepcoolpeeps said:

How does this puzzle look for my IM Nano 10 that is on the way? The peak of the biggest rock reaches 9"/22cm.  I tried to make a tall V-shaped cave. All rocks lay fairly securely.

 

1026182131b.jpg

I really like the rock you’re using. I think it’s a bit hard to tell about the scape due to the angle, it’ll help to see it once it’s in the tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
letskeepcoolpeeps
On 10/26/2018 at 10:29 PM, banasophia said:

I really like the rock you’re using. I think it’s a bit hard to tell about the scape due to the angle, it’ll help to see it once it’s in the tank. 

Thanks its the caribsea.  Here is a better angle. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
banasophia
7 minutes ago, letskeepcoolpeeps said:

Thanks its the caribsea.  Here is a better angle. 

1026182140b.jpg

Ah yeah that looks great! I used Caribsea Liferock too, love it!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
MrObscura

I was originally going to use life rock myself. But went with reef cleaners in the end. Great reviews and the big seller being that it was less than half the price. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
letskeepcoolpeeps

Edit

 

okay i got my tank! set it all up. cant find the ceiling clips!! did I lose them all or do you think they forgot to pack them?

 

Edit 2:

 

New design is CLIPLESS!!  Updated design.  Also, the mesh is also clear instead of cream now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
On 10/29/2018 at 1:25 PM, letskeepcoolpeeps said:

Edit

 

okay i got my tank! set it all up. cant find the ceiling clips!! did I lose them all or do you think they forgot to pack them?

 

Edit 2:

 

New design is CLIPLESS!!  Updated design.  Also, the mesh is also clear instead of cream now.

 

ooo can I see the new top? Sounds nicer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Porkpie5000
8 hours ago, Tamberav said:

New design is CLIPLESS!!  Updated design.  Also, the mesh is also clear instead of cream now.

😯 pics?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
letskeepcoolpeeps

thanks

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Looks nice. Did you not use the caribsea liferock? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
letskeepcoolpeeps

 

okay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

ahhh... it looks good in the water. Won't it cycle though? Its just dry rock with some bottled bacteria isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
MrObscura

No. It does have bacteria supposedly but it's also colored I purple so that it looks mature from the start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
30 minutes ago, MrObscura said:

No. It does have bacteria supposedly but it's also colored I purple so that it looks mature from the start. 

 

Yeah but I just figured it would cycle, never used this rock but I thought it was dry rock seeded with bacteria. I would think 3 fish would cause an ammonia spike still?

Share this post


Link to post
MrObscura

Oh, I got you. Yea, I wouldn't treat it any different than dry rock. 

Share this post


Link to post
letskeepcoolpeeps
28 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

 

Yeah but I just figured it would cycle, never used this rock but I thought it was dry rock seeded with bacteria. I would think 3 fish would cause an ammonia spike still?

 

Im using seachem prime & stability with RO water so i hope they will be fine.  LFS said they are resilient enough.  I'm watching ammonia and it hasn't gone over .1 yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
8 minutes ago, letskeepcoolpeeps said:

 

Im using seachem prime & stability with RO water so i hope they will be fine.  LFS said they are resilient enough.  I'm watching ammonia and it hasn't gone over .1 yet.

 

Not recommended to cycle with fish, its not nice for them 😞 and most people in the reefing community frown on it.

 

It seems people who add fish too fast run into more problems with algae later on. This hobby is all about going slow for good long term results. 

 

Sorry to be that guy, someone else is going to say it if I don't anyways. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
banasophia
1 hour ago, letskeepcoolpeeps said:

 

Im using seachem prime & stability with RO water so i hope they will be fine.  LFS said they are resilient enough.  I'm watching ammonia and it hasn't gone over .1 yet.

If you already have fish, I would use BioSpira, I think it’s better than Prime and Stability for what you’re trying to accomplish (safer fish, faster cycle).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
LogicalReefs
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

 

Not recommended to cycle with fish, its not nice for them 😞 and most people in the reefing community frown on it.

 

It seems people who add fish too fast run into more problems with algae later on. This hobby is all about going slow for good long term results. 

 

Sorry to be that guy, someone else is going to say it if I don't anyways. 

I can confirm. I always cycled a tank with a fish and biospira but always ran into algae issues later on down the road. 

 

With my new tank I’ve just started I’m cycling it without fish and being patient. Haven’t seen a lick of algae so far and will be adding fish fairly soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
SURVEYMAN46123
15 hours ago, banasophia said:

If you already have fish, I would use BioSpira, I think it’s better than Prime and Stability for what you’re trying to accomplish (safer fish, faster cycle).

I used BioSpira for my NUVO 10, but if I had to do it all again I would just let it cycle over time.   Not try to speed up the process.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...