Coral Vue Hydros

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

SURVEYMAN46123
4 minutes ago, kawbd_08 said:

Anyone noticed the stock pump increasing tank temp? My tank temp stays 3deg above room temp all the time. kept all other equipment off except stock pump?

Actually never used the stock pump in my tank.  I only use it to mix saltwater.

Angry-Monkey
9 hours ago, Stingd21 said:

Where does the other line from the Y go to? Did you drill another output hole somewhere?

+1 - I am Interested as well. 

Output is just split into two streams

gone_PHiSHin
17 hours ago, Angry-Monkey said:

Output is just split into two streams

what parts did you use for this?  the loc line parts i bought don't fit without drilling out the hole bigger

so I did a little $ wasting before I moved down to the .5 and my opinion on flow is...

1.0 with 1 rfg needs dialed back over 50% 

1.0 with a split and 2 rfg is good still now at 100% when I was running it but to me that didn’t matter cause I couldn’t stand how obtrusive 2 rfg with the split was

1.0 with a different nozzle I have no clue 

so this leads me to think with a split and nozzles increasing pressure a .5 might be ok but with 2 rfg the flow might be a little underwhelming due to how well the rfg spreads flow

13 minutes ago, smiley28 said:

so I did a little $ wasting before I moved down to the .5 and my opinion on flow is...

1.0 with a split and 2 rfg is good still now at 100% when I was running it but to me that didn’t matter cause I couldn’t stand how obtrusive 2 rfg with the split was

so this leads me to think with a split and nozzles increasing pressure a .5 might be ok but with 2 rfg the flow might be a little underwhelming due to how well the rfg spreads flow

1.0 is too much flow? I was hoping I could fit the 1.5... Granted my tank is a train wreck, but I have a Eheim 600 and a wavemaker and think I need more flow. 

Angry-Monkey
8 hours ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

what parts did you use for this?  the loc line parts i bought don't fit without drilling out the hole bigger

I just superglued the splitter to the outlet...

18 hours ago, smiley28 said:

18 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

1.0 is too much flow? I was hoping I could fit the 1.5... Granted my tank is a train wreck, but I have a Eheim 600 and a wavemaker and think I need more flow. 

+1 listening... I'm just about to place and order for the tank including the 1.0 pump.. but I'm happy to dial it back over 50% - should be fine right? I dont think it would be too much flow at all.. thoughts smiley28?

• Like 1
Segalplayer

Hey guys whats up! Been trying to read this forum page but its 90 pages long! I have a fusion 10 and upgraded the stock pump to the 0.5 and its great. I use a 1.0 for my chiller and it would definitely be way too much flow. The only reason i went with a 0.5 instead of a micra was because I am running a slip stream. 

As far as skimmers anyone modified their tank to do the tunze 9001? I am like 4 days away from a year and am down to pull out stuff in the back to make it work.

Fusion 10

Xr-15 g4 pro with RMS and diffusion kit, mp10wqd, reef link, 1/15 jbj chiller, IM ATO TI (tunze nano osmolator coming on wednesday), 0.5 since return, 1.0 sicce for chiller, chemipure, inTank Media rack with seachem matrix and filter floss as well as carbon, or tech back up battery. 

IS there a back up battery for the lights? Thanks guys for any help and your tanks are awesome!!!

On 3/19/2018 at 2:19 AM, Segalplayer said:

Hey guys whats up! Been trying to read this forum page but its 90 pages long! I have a fusion 10 and upgraded the stock pump to the 0.5 and its great. I use a 1.0 for my chiller and it would definitely be way too much flow. The only reason i went with a 0.5 instead of a micra was because I am running a slip stream. 

As far as skimmers and one modified their tank to do the tune 9001? I am like 4 days away from a year and am down to pull out stuff in the back to make it work.

Fusion 10

Xr-15 g4 pro with RMS and diffusion kit, mp10wqd, reef link, 1/15 jbj chiller, IM ATO TI (tunze nano osmolator coming on wednesday), 0.5 since return, 1.0 sicce for chiller, chemipure, inTank Media rack with seachem matrix and filter floss as well as carbon, or tech back up battery. 

IS there a back up battery for the lights? Thanks guys for any help and your tanks are awesome!!!

Ah dangit! I already ordered the 1.0 and it's on the way... guess I'll have to turn it down to like 5% haha.  I ordered all my gear, so I don't have it setup yet, but I have done a ton of research. I'm going to be running a Reef Glass skimmer with an Aqua Gadget Mini Desktop Reactor (mix ROX .8 carbon and GFO), will will be doing a mini chaeto refugium within the inTank media rack. By not using the Ghost skimmer, I should have enough room for everything. I also bought a Slim Neo-Therm heater from Cobalt to help save a little extra space too. Not sure if this helps or not lol.

Segalplayer
50 minutes ago, Stingd21 said:

Ah dangit! I already ordered the 1.0 and it's on the way... guess I'll have to turn it down to like 5% haha.  I ordered all my gear, so I don't have it setup yet, but I have done a ton of research. I'm going to be running a Reef Glass skimmer with an Aqua Gadget Mini Desktop Reactor (mix ROX .8 carbon and GFO), will will be doing a mini chaeto refugium within the inTank media rack. By not using the Ghost skimmer, I should have enough room for everything. I also bought a Slim Neo-Therm heater from Cobalt to help save a little extra space too. Not sure if this helps or not lol.

shoot! yea just turn it down or run the stock one for now  and return the 1.0 for the 0.5. I know its painful to wait in this hobby but might be worth it... unless you pick up a chiller ;)

I'm actually going to be taking out the 2nd baffle in the back of my tank for three reason now

1. I am getting good gas exchange with the newley added inTank Surface skimmer (raises water level as well and it works awesome)

2. Oh i used to run the IM mini reactor and used it for about 9 months! It worked great but i would definitely recommend getting a sicce micra as the stock pump was pretty noisy and extra sponges for it (from marinedepot.com @2.99 or something) . I am going to run a tunze 9001 instead of the reactor when it arrives. 

3. My tank is almost at its year manufacture date in a week and taking out the baffle won't losen the integrity of the tank so I'm not worried in the least.  

I contemplated taking out the false bottom as it is pretty much a detritus trap, but I'm not too sure what my media rack would sit on instead of the glass bottom....glass square lol?As far as heater any size should be good, i just went 100w to not have to not worry. Heats up my water change water super quick haha!

gone_PHiSHin

i run a 1.0 on my mixed reef and it is just fine.  i had the RFG on it too, but it cuts back the flow way too much for me. 

i like lots of flow without additional powerheads in the display.  i have a 0.5 as a backup but now it just mixes my water change water.  the 1.0 is perfect for my tank.

• Like 1
On 3/14/2018 at 2:08 PM, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

I have used a Sicce .5 and Spinstream for a year now.   Plenty of flow for my tank, but its a sofie/lps tank. 

I don't know. The spinstream with my .5 seemed to just destroy any flow the tank had. I'm not looking for a wind tunnel in the tank but hot damn... that thing made the .5 look like it tripped on its way to the finish line. I think w/o the spin stream the .5 is more than enough in regards to flow (I.e. you don't need to add in a power head. 

gone_PHiSHin

if you get the spinstream or RFG, i would definitely get the 1.0.  i was highly unimpressed with the 0.5 and the RFG, so i got the 1.0.  still unimpressed, so the RFG sits in my closet, until maybe when i get a new larger tank

without either of these, the 0.5 is a good upgrade for this tank.  it's much quieter than the stock pump, and runs cooler.  

i mostly wish i could just use loc line on the IM10 to split the flow without having to 'mod' anything...or if IM made a splitter that fit.  plus, loc line is much better quality plastic than the IM parts.

SURVEYMAN46123
45 minutes ago, IlliniMed said:

I don't know. The spinstream with my .5 seemed to just destroy any flow the tank had. I'm not looking for a wind tunnel in the tank but hot damn... that thing made the .5 look like it tripped on its way to the finish line. I think w/o the spin stream the .5 is more than enough in regards to flow (I.e. you don't need to add in a power head. 

Really?   My tank seems to love it.    Every tank is different though.

CinnamonTorch

Hi everyone! just wanted to let you guys know I'm doing a giveaway on instagram, giving away REEF ROIDS 1f642.png:) Please check it out @CinnamonTorch_Crunch today is the last day to enter so please go check it out if you're interested 1f61b.png:P Goodluck!!

On 3/23/2018 at 6:31 PM, da1001 said:

Has anyone tried to shove an Icecap K1 skimmer in the middle chamber yet?

I haven't heard of it, but am interested. Do the dimensions indicate it might fit?

6 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I haven't heard of it, but am interested. Do the dimensions indicate it might fit?

I saw in a lagoon 25 thread that someone had made it fit in theirs, I think the AIO chamber on each is about the same size?  Hmm...Lagoon is 2.8" x 4" for the second chamber that he had it in, IM 10 is...2.97" x 4" for chamber two.  I think it would fit.

Found it in the Lagoon 25 owner's thread!  eslatts11 posted the pic and this on March 18th, page 22 (would have directly linked the whole quote in the thread but couldn't figure out how): 

Just picked up the Icecap k1 nano skimmer at Indmas. Very unhappy with my Tunze 9001's performance. Will report back on how it's doing. First impressions are great, already seeing some skimmate collect and no micro bubbles from the start. Fits nice and snug into one of the side chambers. Althought you can't use the magnet attachment it came with, it's not really needed as the skimmer is just the right height to sit on the bottom of the tank.

MVIMG_20180317_193157.jpg

• Wow 1
3 hours ago, da1001 said:

I saw in a lagoon 25 thread that someone had made it fit in theirs, I think the AIO chamber on each is about the same size?  Hmm...Lagoon is 2.8" x 4" for the second chamber that he had it in, IM 10 is...2.97" x 4" for chamber two.  I think it would fit.

Found it in the Lagoon 25 owner's thread!  eslatts11 posted the pic and this on March 18th, page 22 (would have directly linked the whole quote in the thread but couldn't figure out how): 

Just picked up the Icecap k1 nano skimmer at Indmas. Very unhappy with my Tunze 9001's performance. Will report back on how it's doing. First impressions are great, already seeing some skimmate collect and no micro bubbles from the start. Fits nice and snug into one of the side chambers. Althought you can't use the magnet attachment it came with, it's not really needed as the skimmer is just the right height to sit on the bottom of the tank.

MVIMG_20180317_193157.jpg

Wow! Get one and tell us how it fits!

As soon as I get a new tank build going, I will be happy to but its probably still several months away.  I am in the final phase of preparing for my move to a larger place and then I gotta save up for a new couch and stuff first!

• Like 1

Anyone out there have two AI Primes over their IM10? I'm thinking if I add another I can mount them towards the edge of the tank and angle them inwards and reduce shadowing, also I'm pretty sure a tad bit of extra par wouldn't hurt.

CinnamonTorch
2 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

Anyone out there have two AI Primes over their IM10? I'm thinking if I add another I can mount them towards the edge of the tank and angle them inwards and reduce shadowing, also I'm pretty sure a tad bit of extra par wouldn't hurt.

That wont benefit the tank! will actually cause you more problems if anything! don't do that.. please just dont lol! not on a 10 gallon...

3 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

Here is a good video on using multiple Primes that BRS did awhile back, hope it helps give you some decent info so you can make a decision on whether or not you want to try it out.