Pod Your Reef

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Just now, jackmccann said:

thans for the quick response Teeny, I Upgraded my return pump to a sick 1.0 because the original one Died while i was in Europe for a month.... Unfortunately it really affected my tank. If i get this pump i might possibly have to Swap out the return again for reduced flow in the back chamber... do you think this is wise? or Would i be okay keeping it as is now.

You could always just reduce the flow on the Sicce. Other than improving dwell time for your media, the other advantage is that your water level in the display chamber won't be as high with the pump pushing water so hard. But I'd keep the Sicce, it's a nice pump and it's super quiet.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

You could always just reduce the flow on the Sicce. Other than improving dwell time for your media, the other advantage is that your water level in the display chamber won't be as high with the pump pushing water so hard. But I'd keep the Sicce, it's a nice pump and it's super quiet.

Good Idea, it does increase Display Volume a bit which i dont like about it. How is the quiet drive? is it truly silent? I've got my nuvo completely silent right now and dont want to add much noise. My Mp40s are pretty good but are definitely noticeable. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Oh yeah, it's pretty much silent, especially at 50 percent or less. 

Thanks for all of the information! ! Ive sourced an amazing deal on one hoping to pick it up over the next few days! 

• Like 1
mnpackerbacker
17 hours ago, jackmccann said:

thans for the quick response Teeny, I Upgraded my return pump to a sick 1.0 because the original one Died while i was in Europe for a month.... Unfortunately it really affected my tank. If i get this pump i might possibly have to Swap out the return again for reduced flow in the back chamber... do you think this is wise? or Would i be okay keeping it as is now.

Depends on the coral in the tank. I have LPS in my fusion 10 and I find a Sicce 0.5 for return to be sufficient. I run bare bottom and blast my rock with a turkey baster every couple days, then siphon detritus in my weekly WC. The smaller Sicce pumps ( which is what I think you mean ) are perfect for the Fusion 10. With the 1.0, I would suggest opening the flow control to 100% and add a wave maker, like the Hydor Flo or the IM spin stream to your output.  An MP10 would also be great, if dialed back, but IMO a little of an overkill ( and over-spend) for the 7.5-8 gallon display area of the Fusion 10.

• Like 1

Took my fusion down only to set it up again... Heres my scape and end of 2 week black out 'curing'. Now I will add sand and let it cycle for a month.

IMG_3615_zpslmngc8k1.jpg

Here is a little rough shot of where the tank sits (all those boxes will be moved soon) :)

IMG_3616_zpsuceeysut.jpg

• Like 3
On 2/23/2017 at 9:48 AM, Bowen1022 said:

Took my fusion down only to set it up again... Heres my scape and end of 2 week black out 'curing'. Now I will add sand and let it cycle for a month.

IMG_3615_zpslmngc8k1.jpg

Here is a little rough shot of where the tank sits (all those boxes will be moved soon) :)

IMG_3616_zpsuceeysut.jpg

this is why i like this tank. its ability to be part of your everyday surroundings. i mean, i love big statement tanks, but the understated size of the IM 10 is what makes it awesome (and challenging in terms of space restriction)!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, reefitis said:

this is why i like this tank. its ability to be part of your everyday surroundings. i mean, i love big statement tanks, but the understated size of the IM 10 is what makes it awesome (and challenging in terms of space restriction)!

I agree, mine is right on my desk where I can look at it all the time, and I didn't even have to build a special cabinet or reinforce the desk.

• Like 1

I'm having issues with my current Nuvo plans. I don't want to add a Powerhead to the display area as I'm looking for a minimalist look. I tried searching for a small enough LOC Line Y fitting for the return nozzle but they dont make one that fits.

An option I don't want to do is drill the return opening to fit the larger LOC-line. And I have read a lot of bad reviews on IM's spin stream which was my original plan.

Issue 2 is I heard the return pump that comes with the Nuvo 10 is weak and I can't decide on a suitable replacement.

What is everyone using for a return pump as well as the return fitting you are using? 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, DrDeGuzman said:

Ok so I am long time reader and first time poster. Last month I finally pulled the trigger on a nano tank.  

Im two weeks into my cycle.. So exciting 

852106272_11018970896464369825.jpg

:welcome:to the IM10 Club! Looks like a great start :)

1 hour ago, 3s1k said:

I'm having issues with my current Nuvo plans. I don't want to add a Powerhead to the display area as I'm looking for a minimalist look. I tried searching for a small enough LOC Line Y fitting for the return nozzle but they dont make one that fits.

An option I don't want to do is drill the return opening to fit the larger LOC-line. And I have read a lot of bad reviews on IM's spin stream which was my original plan.

Issue 2 is I heard the return pump that comes with the Nuvo 10 is weak and I can't decide on a suitable replacement.

What is everyone using for a return pump as well as the return fitting you are using? 

The Sicce pumps, usually 0.5, are a popular pump upgrade, although I use the stock pump myself. What are your stocking plans - softies or SPS? It will make a big difference in how much flow you will need.

If you go much bigger for a return pump, you won't be able to get much benefit from the increased flow without drilling a bigger hole for bigger return plumbing. And then the tradeoff will be that the faster your flow from the return pump, the higher the water level will be in the display chamber, and the less effective your skimmer will be since the dwell time for the water is decreased. 

I have both the spinstream and the Hydor Flo. The spinstream is better, but that's not saying much. Mine is very quiet, but lots of people report an annoying clicking noise. And it will significantly decrease your flow, probably by about 50%.

If you're doing softies, I'd go with the Sicce 0.5 with the spinstream and hope you get a quiet one. For SPS, I just don't think you can really get enough flow from the return pump alone.

8 hours ago, teenyreef said:

The Sicce pumps, usually 0.5, are a popular pump upgrade, although I use the stock pump myself. What are your stocking plans - softies or SPS? It will make a big difference in how much flow you will need.

If you go much bigger for a return pump, you won't be able to get much benefit from the increased flow without drilling a bigger hole for bigger return plumbing. And then the tradeoff will be that the faster your flow from the return pump, the higher the water level will be in the display chamber, and the less effective your skimmer will be since the dwell time for the water is decreased. 

I have both the spinstream and the Hydor Flo. The spinstream is better, but that's not saying much. Mine is very quiet, but lots of people report an annoying clicking noise. And it will significantly decrease your flow, probably by about 50%.

If you're doing softies, I'd go with the Sicce 0.5 with the spinstream and hope you get a quiet one. For SPS, I just don't think you can really get enough flow from the return pump alone.

I'm looking to keep some Zoa's, torch, hammers that sort of stuff.

I never thought about increasing the flow will cause the display to have more water. What is the largest Sicce pump you think I could use without having to drill and use a larger return line?

3 hours ago, 3s1k said:

I'm looking to keep some Zoa's, torch, hammers that sort of stuff.

I never thought about increasing the flow will cause the display to have more water. What is the largest Sicce pump you think I could use without having to drill and use a larger return line?

I know the Sicce Syncra Silent 0.5–1.0 have the same dimensions. Looks like the 1.5 is the biggest with the same inlet/outlet, however unsure if larger 1.5 will fit rear return chamber.

http://sicceus.com/syncra_specs.html

SURVEYMAN46123

I have the Sicce .5 and spinstream in mine and added a bottle of bio-spira the other night.  As the bacteria was settling I could see the particles being blown around quite well.  The only spot it wasn't as turbulent was directly underneath the spinstream.  However I placed a small plastic plan underneath it this afternoon and it swayed enough for my liking and my future stocking plans.   I think running the .5 and a spinstream will work just fine for what you want to keep.   Also my spinstream has a slight click but don't notice it unless I'm standing directly over the top of the tank.  

• Like 1
20 hours ago, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

I have the Sicce .5 and spinstream in mine and added a bottle of bio-spira the other night.  As the bacteria was settling I could see the particles being blown around quite well.  The only spot it wasn't as turbulent was directly underneath the spinstream.  However I placed a small plastic plan underneath it this afternoon and it swayed enough for my liking and my future stocking plans.   I think running the .5 and a spinstream will work just fine for what you want to keep.   Also my spinstream has a slight click but don't notice it unless I'm standing directly over the top of the tank.  

Are you running it at 100% power? 

1 hour ago, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

Yes I am.

Pulled it out over the weekend to make sure too.  :D

I was thinking of going with the Sicce 1 and then turning the flow down but it seemed to have some poor reviews compared to the .5 and everyone seems to be running the .5.

So this must be the diatom bloom? does it mean my nitrites will go down now? My ammonia was 2ppm last week now its .25ppm my Nitrites have never gone down from 5ppm and my nitrates were 150ppm last week now its 10ppm. 

852113448_8862668141734961006.jpg

Few pics of my fusion 10.  It's about 4-5 months old now.  Right now it's got several zoa/paly frags, frogspawn, devils hand leather, couple different mushrooms, gsp, and red bubble tip anemone.  There's also a Randals pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby, but I rarely see them.

stock pump

kessil a150

mp10 ( I turned it off a month ago and think I will remove it permanently )

custom media rack

DA RKL

IMG_8698.JPG

IMG_8699.JPG

• Like 4
On 2/25/2017 at 4:28 PM, 3s1k said:

As many other have, I got the Sicce 1.0 and love it. Good flow rate (I thought the 0.5 was suitable but a little on the low side) and it's super quiet. I did get the spin stream nozzle and it makes a little noise if the room is totally quiet (i.e. tv not on).

• Like 1