SaltCritters.com

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

I ended up putting two in the 10g, and four each in the 40g and the 30g frag tank. So far I've spotted one in the 10g, one in the 30g, and none in the 40g. :lol:

But I expected that, they are very good at finding little holes in the rock and hiding away. But once they get used to the tank, they should come right out, especially at feeding time.

The cell phone pic I uploaded wasn't very good - here's a better one. Hopefully I'll get some pictures of them in the tank tomorrow!

20170822-untitled-002.jpg

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I ended up putting two in the 10g, and four each in the 40g and the 30g frag tank. So far I've spotted one in the 10g, one in the 30g, and none in the 40g. :lol:

But I expected that, they are very good at finding little holes in the rock and hiding away. But once they get used to the tank, they should come right out, especially at feeding time.

The cell phone pic I uploaded wasn't very good - here's a better one. Hopefully I'll get some pictures of them in the tank tomorrow!

20170822-untitled-002.jpg

They're so cuuuute!  How big are they?

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

They're so cuuuute!  How big are they?

They're very small, not more than about 3/4" long! I can't wait for them to start coming out. 

• Like 1

Awesome gobies!! The only issue I had with mine in the IM10g is they would find their way into the back chamber and I kept having to fish them out. lol Idk how they made it past the floss but they did.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

are GBGs known to be jumpers?

also teenyreef do you have the lid that came with the IM10 on yours or did you get another lid?

I remade my lid.  The gap with the stock lid is huge!

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone! Ten gobies went into three tanks yesterday, and today I spotted exactly....one of them, in this tank. There's no sign of the rest, but they are really good hiders and they don't come out much for the first days or weeks while they get comfortable (and bigger). I took a picture of the one in this tank but it turned out terrible - the blue lights were on, the camera decided everything should be purple, and you can hardly tell he's there:

20170823-untitled-002-Edit.jpg

And yes, green banded gobies are jumpers! I kept finding mine in the back chambers of my 4g tank, even though I had a cover. It wasn't until I covered up the return with window screen that I realized they were jumping through the 1/4" gap between the cover and the back wall of the display chamber.

The cover I have on this tank is one I got from a fellow N-R member who was making custom acrylic covers for a while, but then got too busy with life to keep doing it. It fits a little tighter than the stock cover, and I never had any problems with the two green banded gobies I used to have in this tank.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Kyl said:

You have 10 GBG and I can't even buy one up here :tears:

I know, I feel bad! I keep reading about people having trouble finding them and these all fell into my lap!

• Like 2

Well, to be fair I've copied your stock list entirely so far.. now if I could only copy acans that didn't wither away and die.

Clowns, PSW, TSB, assessor, hah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, Kyl said:

Well, to be fair I've copied your stock list entirely so far.. now if I could only copy acans that didn't wither away and die.

Clowns, PSW, TSB, assessor, hah!

You're doing well! :lol:

By the way, Murphy says no napping, it's play time!

download_20170824_190200.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, teenyreef said:

You're doing well! :lol:

By the way, Murphy says no napping, it's play time!

download_20170824_190200.jpg

CUTENESS!!!!!

And I love the new GBG's. They're a fish that I've always wanted to get. 

Do you think it would work if I got a group of 5 from that guy and put 3 in the larger side of the 40B and 2 on the smaller side? Are they hard to feed?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

CUTENESS!!!!!

And I love the new GBG's. They're a fish that I've always wanted to get. 

Do you think it would work if I got a group of 5 from that guy and put 3 in the larger side of the 40B and 2 on the smaller side? Are they hard to feed?

It should work fine. They are so tiny that they don't add much bioload at all. And they eat almost anything. I start them on small meaty foods like spirulina enriched brine shrimp, or frozen angelfish blend, but they quickly learn to eat pellets.

I don't know if he still has them, but if he does get them quick. The last time he got them in, they were gone in about a week and he didn't get any more for over a year.

I got a much better picture tonight! So far I've seen one in the back and one in the front. I hope that means both are accounted for, but since I saw them at two different times I can't say for sure :)

20170825-untitled-004-Edit.jpg

• Like 10

I pulled the trigger Monday night and purchased 8 GBG too.They arrived this morning in perfect shape and much to my surprise there were 10 :rolleyes: the Ebay seller is beyond awesome I would definitely purchase from him again. Just minutes after being in the Xenia Garden they managed to find themselves and are now in a little group all huddled up:wub:.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Narzyzz_12 said:

I pulled the trigger Monday night and purchased 8 GBG too.They arrived this morning in perfect shape and much to my surprise there were 10 :rolleyes: the Ebay seller is beyond awesome I would definitely purchase from him again. Just minutes after being in the Xenia Garden they managed to find themselves and are now in a little group all huddled up:wub:.

link me this seller. i wanna get a few

• Like 1