Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Small baby ORA maxima is showing distress. PAr for the course, likely not going to make it. Too small to do a FW dip, the stress will likely kill it faster. Not happy.

Sorry to hear Kat. It's a beauty.
  • Like 1

The Hydor ATO is not working out. Even at the lowest pump setting on my puny 83gph fountain pump - the ATO over fills the pump chamber and then beeps an alarm. I'm going to email hydor to see if they can offer a solution, and it can't be Toms aqualifter. But if not, the Smart ATO gets put back.

I had the same problem with mine and ended up putting a plastic air valve on the end of the ATO tube. I adjusted it to slow the flow way down and it works like a charm.

• Like 1

Small baby ORA maxima is showing distress. PAr for the course, likely not going to make it. Too small to do a FW dip, the stress will likely kill it faster. Not happy.

What do you mean by distress? Closed up? Pinched mantle? WE NEED DETAILS! Well, others do... I know nothing bout clams (at least the SW versions)

• Like 2

Look at you all feisty, Mr. Grey.

Showing pinched mantle. The shipment had arrived the previous day at the LFS, so it could be stress related but small clams don't have a good survival rate. Tank is dirty, phyto chrome goes in daily. Plus other Micro foods.

• Like 1

I AM feisty today! And in a helpful mindset (guests are lining up to have me fix stuffs cause they know I'm here and know I can fix it). That said I'd guess it is due to shipping stress as well, cept it's been in your tank for a couple days already. I wouldn't dip it either, BTW. To tell you the truth I would follow the same method of treatment you are... Throw lots of food at it.

I've gotta go find a duffle bag.

• Like 1

Dirty tank, the water us just packed with food? Is it a long term waiting game? Or will you wake up one day and it'll be drastic change for better or worse?

yep my only experience with a clam was a small ora one and the experience was very similar. won't be trying again for a good long while i am still so butthurt over it dying in my dirty high light tank.

• Like 1

yep my only experience with a clam was a small ora one and the experience was very similar. won't be trying again for a good long while i am still so butthurt over it dying in my dirty high light tank.

This is my second ORA experience that is following the same pattern.

• Like 1

Thank you Mark. I'm getting a reflection and I'm not sure why. Do you crop your porthole photos?

See the halo around the clam

20150922_134813.jpg

i used a black plastic to form a canopy but still got the reflections

20150922_134858.jpg

I need practice, I know this but I can't help feeling extremely disappointed in the port hole.

I too have a porthole.... when I use my longer lens its not so bad, when I use a shorter one I too have to use my "free hand" to try to block light or crop out the reflections.. Another option that I used more was to slightly tilt the porthole so it blocked the lights more itself that way I could keep both hands on the camera that was ever so slightly above the water lol

Most of the time when I shoot top down tho I just free hand it without the porthole tho I have to shut all flow off to do so.

• Like 1