SaltCritters.com

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Just got my mug!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Is that new? Looks great!

Super little, worried about long term survivability but was too pretty to pass up. And there's the clam cradle you sent me. :)

I'm recently added to that list! once I noticed my red planet coloring up I thought maybe I was ready for this legendary coral...

If you go the netting route, I've got some extra from when I bought the kit from BRS and you're welcome to it.

Thanks, I'll have to figure something out very soon.

Is this clam day or what. Nice pictures

Thank you

• Like 1

THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Super little, worried about long term survivability but was too pretty to pass up. And there's the clam cradle you sent me. :)

Thanks, I'll have to figure something out very soon.

Well it has a very careful mommy. I think you'll/ it will do great!

• Like 2

I'm hosting my niece's 8th birthday party today. A mani/pedi and cupcake affair at a salon. :)

So we have her party frock all steamed and ready, just gotta pick up the cupcakes on the way.

large.gif

Tank is going through some changes. Mostly that I, ah, tore the left side scape apart and it is once again a work in progress. :blush:

I still had SPS that needed to be glued down and no room to do it. So it started out as an attempt to get more room and ended up being a re-do. It's almost back to the very first re-iteration of the left side which everybody loved. almost.

Skimmer is going crazy again with all the epoxy - it hasn't done that before so I wonder if the formulations in the epoxy changes slightly with each batch. Holdfast never made it foam up but I used aquastick gray the other day and it made it go crazy. But now even hold fast makes it crazy.

I bought a used Hydor ATO system at a great price the other day. The intent was to install it on the nano but the sensor would not fit in the pump chamber so I swapped out my smart ATO on the big tank to the Hydor. I'll be writing a review for it but so far the response time of the Smart ATO is lightning fast compared to the hydor. That's probably good for the nano because too much top up will flood it and with Hydor, it takes a few seconds too many to shut it off after the level has been reached.

• Like 3

You're gonna hate yourself that day you try screwin with the scape and "accidentally frag" every sps on that left island.

Have fun with the littles. Tell your niece Happy B-day from all the fish nerds

• Like 1

Just got back from the birthday party. 'Bout 10 girls getting a manicure pedicure while moms hang around chit-chattin'.

It was a blast actually! I should do one for my birthday. Manicure Pedicure and Martinis. :)

Or maybe the fish-nerd party at the reef store again. Decisions decisions.

We finished itemizing the gifts. Thankfully this age group is still reasonable with the gifts, in my nephews age group (he is 10), the gifts become outrageous, I don't approve of that. I'm not a parent I guess, but his parent doesn't approve of it either so there.

OUCH. my cat just bit me. :angry:

• Like 1

I'm getting pretty annoyed with the Hydor ATO. Twice now it has over filled the sump and has started beeping the alarm. My solution to that has been taking out about 4 cups of water. This device is wasting my RO, obviously messing up my salinity. Not sure if they are all this way or something is wrong with my unit. My ATO pump is an 83GPH puny little fountain pump that came stock with my Fluval 5Gallon. The Smart ATO pump has more GPH but smaller sized tubing, could that be it - does it need smaller tubing?

The instructions say:

IMPORTANT: calibration of the top-up phase

N.B.: For the system to function correctly, the sensor requires a top-up time of between 25 seconds and 10 minutes.

Top-up time is the time required for the pump you have connected to the Smart Level Control to take the water level of your aquarium /sump from the MIN level up to the MAX level of the sensor (fig.6). The MIN and MAX levels can be shown by switching on the LEDs on the Smart Level Control.
Use a pump with an adequate delivery capacity, or a delivery capacity that can be adjusted.
If neither of these two alternatives is possible, the delivery capacity of the top-up pump can be reduced by applying a valve to the delivery pipe of the pump to make sure the top-up time for the aquarium/sump is between 25 seconds and 10 minutes.

I'm getting pretty annoyed with the Hydor ATO. Twice now it has over filled the sump and has started beeping the alarm. My solution to that has been taking out about 4 cups of water. This device is wasting my RO, obviously messing up my salinity. Not sure if they are all this way or something is wrong with my unit. My ATO pump is an 83GPH puny little fountain pump that came stock with my Fluval 5Gallon. The Smart ATO pump has more GPH but smaller sized tubing, could that be it - does it need smaller tubing?

The instructions say:

IMPORTANT: calibration of the top-up phase

N.B.: For the system to function correctly, the sensor requires a top-up time of between 25 seconds and 10 minutes.

Top-up time is the time required for the pump you have connected to the Smart Level Control to take the water level of your aquarium /sump from the MIN level up to the MAX level of the sensor (fig.6). The MIN and MAX levels can be shown by switching on the LEDs on the Smart Level Control.

Use a pump with an adequate delivery capacity, or a delivery capacity that can be adjusted.

If neither of these two alternatives is possible, the delivery capacity of the top-up pump can be reduced by applying a valve to the delivery pipe of the pump to make sure the top-up time for the aquarium/sump is between 25 seconds and 10 minutes.

GPH are GPH as long as the tubing isn't so small its restricting the flow (unlikely at that low of GPH) to lower the gph.... is there anyway to dial back the flow on the one you have so it can safely run for 25 seconds? I know some are adjustable and some are not :wacko:

I took out the pump and adjusted it, hopefully the overfilling problem has been fixed. Next problem, whenever I turn off the pumps for feeding, there is a back siphon of a gallon or so into the sump, it starts beeping the over fill alarm again. :rant:

• Like 1

I took out the pump and adjusted it, hopefully the overfilling problem has been fixed. Next problem, whenever I turn off the pumps for feeding, there is a back siphon of a gallon or so into the sump, it starts beeping the over fill alarm again. :rant:

You turn off the pumps during feeding? Your food doesn't sink?

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I can think of two ways to fix that: raise your returns closer to the surface or install a check valve.