inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

It uses a mediocre RGB sensor and only measures lux, which is weighted how we see light, not based on photosynthesis like PAR. It then tries to do calculations to get to PAR, which doesn't really work out too well. You're better off to buy the Apogee SQ-110 and a multimeter.

I agree but the numbers dont lie..

jedimasterben

I agree but the numbers dont lie..

I'm just saying what the facts are about it and the reasons why it would be unreliable. It may be spot on for you and 50% inaccurate for the next off the assembly line.

My cat would probably bite me if I tried to do a cat beard photo.

Mine almost did from meowing it turned to growling. This close to my face I opted to let him go.

I tried to do a cat beard, but my cat was uncooperative! Stay tuned…

Do it do it do it

• Like 2

Do it do it do it

My problem is that my cat is a Ragdoll, and true to breed he goes limp when I pick him up. We did our best. We didn't put on any makeup though, so don't look too closely!

16335789785_422b17d1cf_z.jpg

• Like 7

Seeing those teacups gives me some good ideas. I was going to get Hill a French bulldog teacup for Christmas but the only one I found would've been $80. I ain't paying $80 for no teacups!

I'm just saying what the facts are about it and the reasons why it would be unreliable. It may be spot on for you and 50% inaccurate for the next off the assembly line.

But why would the algorithms change across devices if they're using the same RGB meters? Im simply curious

jedimasterben

But why would the algorithms change across devices if they're using the same RGB meters? Im simply curious

The issue is the quality of the sensors, like I brought up last time we spoke on this. For the entire Seneye to sell for $150-200, with a decent quality PAR sensor costing around $150, they're going to use lux meters, and cheap ones, at that, to maintain a sensible profit margin. Lux measurements are weighted to green, like our eyesight, PAR measurements are not weighted (a 660nm photon with energy of 1.88eV will be equivalent to a 450nm photon with energy of 2.76eV). Even if you know how it is weighted on the lux scale, the conversion is not perfect, and taking into account the quality of the lux sensor you can introduce significant variance.

The issue is the quality of the sensors, like I brought up last time we spoke on this. For the entire Seneye to sell for $150-200, with a decent quality PAR sensor costing around $150, they're going to use lux meters, and cheap ones, at that, to maintain a sensible profit margin. Lux measurements are weighted to green, like our eyesight, PAR measurements are not weighted (a 660nm photon with energy of 1.88eV will be equivalent to a 450nm photon with energy of 2.76eV). Even if you know how it is weighted on the lux scale, the conversion is not perfect, and taking into account the quality of the lux sensor you can introduce significant variance.

oh i see. Thanks for explaining that in detail ben. But one question remains since they are using cheap lux sensors to maintain a decent profit margin. I imagine they would purchase the same type of lux sensor in bulk and if thats the case couldnt we expect the same behavior across multiple sensors from same manufacturer. How much variance could one expect between sensors?

only 13 bucks too. probably the same thing lol

:lol: unfortunately no. a bogger goes for about $100-$125.

The phoenix is a montipora danae - it gets those nubs as if it's bubbling over.

There are 3 that are the same but also different

Phoenix - orange flesh purple polyps - danae

Lantana - yellow flesh blue or lilac polyps - Branching variety coral

This PEA piece - orange with purple polyps - peltiformis

• Like 1