Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

michaelrzachmann

what is that

its argentinian. I had an argentinian friend at the first college i attended and he used to drink crazy strong teas out of it. always thought it was interesting

I worked in shipping for over five years and never heard of anything catching fire lol. Train derailments, minor damage to airplanes, trucks crashing, one that 'fell' into a pond, but never combusting :lol:
noob

• Like 8

My niece has a school project that has stumped me. It's called a can of characters. Every student was given a book to read about a famous person in history. After reading they have to write 10 facts about the person and put it in a coffee can. The can then has to be decorated to look like the character. She got Betsy Ross.

betsyross2.jpg

Betsy-Ross-Illustration.jpg

So far, I've managed to make a bonnet. Now I don;t know what else to do. I don't have yarn to make the hair so I'm stumped.

20150120_222835.jpg

Oh and

WHY ARE YOU DOING HER HOMEWORK ?!?

She's 7. The projects are, IMO, too advanced for the age. Her brother was more mature and creative at 7, but even his can of characters (He got Jackie Robinson) was done by me. In that case I just made the can wear a doll baseball jersey with Dodgers and 42 painted by me and a baseball hat. Done.

The other project so far was to build your own island. She wanted Olaf land so we made Olaf, she filled in the valleys and mountains etc and colored it in and made a key but I had to make the Olaf guy.

Then there was hide the turkey. So we made it into a mummy inside a sarcophagus.

Then there was the Rosary. She made a rainbow loom Rosary but I added the cross made with straws. Her brothers Rosary was ribbon with buttons. I had to do that one.

They aren't graded on the drawing or the can. They need to know their facts, their valleys and mountains and bay, and rivers. They do a little presentation about their project.

Sorry the PAR meter got all crispy kat :(:flower: If you need to borrow my seneye just let me know....Ill be sure to ship it insured. :)

how is the seneye? thinking about grabbing one just for the PAR sensor.

jedimasterben

how is the seneye? thinking about grabbing one just for the PAR sensor.

It uses a mediocre RGB sensor and only measures lux, which is weighted how we see light, not based on photosynthesis like PAR. It then tries to do calculations to get to PAR, which doesn't really work out too well. You're better off to buy the Apogee SQ-110 and a multimeter.

• Like 1

Fixin' to go out of town and celebrate my official birthday with Mama Tailes, Papa Veng, JBB in Dallas. Tank will be without mommy for almost 4 days. TS training will commence in a few minutes. He is unfamiliar with my new tank. Biggest challenge is feeding. The screen is made of tulle which means cannot drop food from the top. I'm hoping TS will take the time to remove the screen from one corner, dump the food in, replace the screen back.

TDS out of the membrane is now down to 2. For the first time in my life I have an ugly 5G bucket of top of water sitting next to the tank.

• Like 4

TDS out of the membrane is now down to 2. For the first time in my life I have an ugly 5G bucket of top of water sitting next to the tank.

Welcome to the club!

• Like 3