Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

So is this thread going to be changed to "Kat's Fabulous Tea Party?"

I'm a fan as well, but use caution when you're camping on the Inca Trail in Peru and your guides offer you Coca Tea. A few cups of that to keep you warm, and you'll wake up in the middle of the night screaming, thinking that someone is trying to murder you. Then you have several days to deal with your group making fun of your womanly screaming. Trust me... been there.

• Like 4

Have to say, I never worry that my package will get burned during transit. This kinda changes that. Did they say why the truck randomly combusted? Also, what kind of PAR meter was it? I have been thinking about getting one myself because I'm tried of assuming my lights have been turned down enough.

• Like 1

Wow, that sucks. Hope things turn out as the unexpected. As far as the insurance, if just sent regular priority, insurance will only cover up to $50 if no other insurance paid for. If I'm wrong, don't blame me, I only deliver the stuff. Good luck with it.

• Like 1

Bad luck :/ Sorry to hear about the freak incident.

I have been drinking Gyokuro green tea, good stuff.

For coffee I am fond of my Chemex. Makes a great cup :)

Wow, that sucks. Hope things turn out as the unexpected. As far as the insurance, if just sent regular priority, insurance will only cover up to $50 if no other insurance paid for. If I'm wrong, don't blame me, I only deliver the stuff. Good luck with it.

SOL on this one. Sigh.

jedimasterben

I worked in shipping for over five years and never heard of anything catching fire lol. Train derailments, minor damage to airplanes, trucks crashing, one that 'fell' into a pond, but never combusting :lol:

• Like 3

I worked in shipping for over five years and never heard of anything catching fire lol. Train derailments, minor damage to airplanes, trucks crashing, one that 'fell' into a pond, but never combusting :lol:

Oh, its not unheard of. Seen/heard of fire, floods, objects falling on trucks, etc. Guess when you have a fleet like that and constantly out on the road, things happen.

• Like 2

I find it hard to imagine the back of the truck catching fire unless it was doused in kerosene or something. Or the guy had an accident and there was something flammable he was carrying. Either way. I can go through the motions but what are the odds it has survived.

• Like 1

Trailer fires happen quite often due to brake system failures. The breaks stick just enough to heat up and then BOOM fire

Kind of like how some people forget to release the parking break on their car... Super hot super fast

Wonder how much PAR those flames put off :P

• Like 5

Trailer fires happen quite often due to brake system failures. The breaks stick just enough to heat up and then BOOM fire

Kind of like how some people forget to release the parking break on their car... Super hot super fast

Wonder how much PAR those flames put off :P

overheated tires too.. seen that a couple times..

I find it hard to imagine the back of the truck catching fire unless it was doused in kerosene or something. Or the guy had an accident and there was something flammable he was carrying. Either way. I can go through the motions but what are the odds it has survived.

I actually see this as a viable option. a disgruntled employee set a delivery truck on fire.