Innovative Marine Aquariums

HVani's 34g CADlights Mini-II-Let It Grow

HVani

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooo while I was at the lfs I may have picked up a tiny new addition. I can't get a picture but I'll just put this one here

lg-0710131-034.jpg

And is already eating prepared foods. Say him eat at the LFS.

What a cutie! What is he? A type of hawkfish?

Wow, he's cute! I got some of the same goodies from KP last week including the "mystery" rics.

Did you ever hear back from John at Reefcleaners? I had an order that was delayed due to a snow storm. He asked me to give them a few days, but when I followed up with him after that, he sent a whole new order at no charge, even thought it wasn't his fault there was a freak snowstorm in Florida.

jedimasterben

A gumdrop coral cruncher! They are a type of scorpion fish.

Coral croucher, not cruncher ;)

They're only a hazard to acropora if you have a breeding pair, they're kinda like clown gobies in that regard.

Well, actually, they're also adorable like clown gobies :)

Coral croucher, not cruncher ;)

They're only a hazard to acropora if you have a breeding pair, they're kinda like clown gobies in that regard.

Well, actually, they're also adorable like clown gobies :)

This little guy is definitely on my short list of candidates for my new IM 10 :happydance:

Hmmm...when I researched clown gobies I read that they were acropora eaters, but I didn't come across anything that said it was only for breeding pairs. That's great to know because I'd love to get one but I'm not willing to give up having fuzzy sticks in my tank. Thanks!

Yeah I got a refund for the snails

That's great!

jedimasterben

Hmmm...when I researched clown gobies I read that they were acropora eaters, but I didn't come across anything that said it was only for breeding pairs. That's great to know because I'd love to get one but I'm not willing to give up having fuzzy sticks in my tank. Thanks!

They do seem to eat the polyps of acropora (and some species go for Pocilloporidae family though), but it's more nipping than anything, they only seem to go hog-wild when it's time to breed ;)

oops my bad lol

I have had o luck with clown gobies. I can never get them to eat. Adorable little fish though.

Anyway I found the coral croucher' hiding place. I'm gonna be feeding soon and see how he does.

I haven't seen the jawfish since thursday :( But every morning I see where he has been working on his burrow so I know he's still alive.

Ok so new pictures!

Sorry everything is cloudy, the jawfish has been digging all day.

fullshotdec_zpscd3b0d8e.jpg

blennygorg_zps538300e6.jpg

blennygorg2_zps89ddd1dd.jpg

My jawfish ♥♥♥

jawfish1_zps731908b6.jpg

jawfish2_zps20f2f49d.jpg

Lastly here's someone I never see out!

shrimpy1_zpseebbd752.jpg

Turns out it's a girl!

I got a tang!!

dory_zps70ce9122.jpg

More pictures coming soon :D

Great pics! Had to quote this one just so it will show up more :D

Congrats on the Apex Jr. I have one too and it's amazing how much the "limited expansion" will take you. I'm running two tanks on it now :blink:

I know! She's so cute!

For the Apex it will still be a couple weeks until I get it set up.

Mainly I want to control my heater and my pumps so I can turn them off to feed.

I'm thinking of getting the cable to connect the RW4 to the apex since the feed mode button doesn't even work. I also need to get the wireless adapter since my router is down stairs and the tank is upstairs.

Ok story time.

In my area there is a guy trying to breed pearly head jawfish. He's doing really well and is pretty serious with his set up. A guy in my club I have known a long time is working with him to help trying and raise fry. He's been culturing phyto to raise pods. A week or so ago he brought me a bottle to dose my tanks with. I'e finished up the bottle last week sometime.

HOLY POD EXPLOSION!!

The glass is literally crawling with pods. It's awesome :)

In other news, it's water change day. I'm actually looking forward to it. That's a first :)

Archived