• Last Reply

Right now I'm leaning towards:

Pair of perc clowns, not sure what kind

Yellow headed jawfish

Yasha goby with candy pistol

Fire fish? Maybe

Red Sea mimic Blenny if I can find one

McCosker's Flasher wrasse? Maybe

Nice list....I love that mimic Blenny too. I have been considering it and thinking about looking for a source for one.

I also made my first order with Legendary Corals which should be here Thursday.

Still on the fence about upcoming stocking list.

Right now I'm leaning towards:

Pair of perc clowns, not sure what kind

Yellow headed jawfish

Yasha goby with candy pistol

Fire fish? Maybe

Red Sea mimic Blenny if I can find one

McCosker's Flasher wrasse? Maybe

Whatcha getting from LC? Whatever it is you will not be disappointed. :)

IDK if the Blenny, Yasha and Jawfish might be too many bottom dwelling fish? I'm not sure how much ground realestate you have. My yellow headed jawfish gets grumpy about others getting too close to his burrow. I have a Yasha goby in my other tank, but he is the only fish in there so IDK how he feels about others. I suspect he is more laid back than the jawfish though.

Looking great! What are the green guys in your first top-down shot? I really like that shade of green. And btw I'm super jealous of your LC order - I've been drooling over their stuff for a couple months now :)

Whatcha getting from LC? Whatever it is you will not be disappointed. :)

IDK if the Blenny, Yasha and Jawfish might be too many bottom dwelling fish? I'm not sure how much ground realestate you have. My yellow headed jawfish gets grumpy about others getting too close to his burrow. I have a Yasha goby in my other tank, but he is the only fish in there so IDK how he feels about others. I suspect he is more laid back than the jawfish though.

The sad thing is I don't remember what all I ordered lol I had to check my paypal to find out. I made the order to get some of those lava lamp mushrooms. I also got some blue hornets (wanted these forever!), a setosa frag to replace the one I lost, babies breath favia and a frag of ORA bird of paradise. I also got the now and laters frag as a freebie

When I had a red sea mimic before, he didn't spend a lot of time at the bottom, not like my horned blenny did. The jawfish I had got along find with the horned blenny hopping around. He also made one burrow and really didn't move from it. I think a very small goby/pistol shrimp pair would work in this tank. Especially if they are added first. Just my line of thought. I have a decent sized sand bed.

Looking great! What are the green guys in your first top-down shot? I really like that shade of green. And btw I'm super jealous of your LC order - I've been drooling over their stuff for a couple months now :)

Thanks! One of them is a rainbow mini maxi I have been bringing back from the brink of death. The other is my favorite SPS, Green Psammacora.

I hope those lava lamps are around still when the weather gets warmer! I can't wait to see how yours look!

I'm thinking that if I were to get something delivered to me at work, I can at least check on it, change the water a little, and get it home fairly easily on the train... I don't trust a shipping facility to hold onto a package for me all day long.

Yeah luckily I am having mine held at Fedex which is right down the street from where I work. When it gets here I can go pick it up and take it home during my munch. I've done it before and it works out pretty well.

Working downtown, I'm away from home for 13 hours a day. Having it delivered to or near my apartment just wouldn't work out... unless I paid for Saturday delivery.

Lucky you that you live so close to your work! I miss that sometimes!

Not sure if you decided on your clowns yet, but the ones in your avatar are my favorite (Onyx?). I'm a fan of the maroon clowns too.

Sweet tank!

Not sure if you decided on your clowns yet, but the ones in your avatar are my favorite (Onyx?). I'm a fan of the maroon clowns too.

Sweet tank!

The pair in my Avatar are my domino/extreme misbar pair. I just love them.

I also like maroons but that would pretty much be it for the tank. In a tank this size I doubt they would tolerate tankmates or me for that matter.

I also like maroons but that would pretty much be it for the tank. In a tank this size I doubt they would tolerate tankmates or me for that matter.

When I upgrade (after I move), I will have those exact clowns. Did you get them locally? How rare are they? Expensive? I'm obsessed.

When I upgrade (after I move), I will have those exact clowns. Did you get them locally? How rare are they? Expensive? I'm obsessed.

I got them from Alpha Aquaculture which is local to me. He breeds amazing clowns. Unfortunately he seems to have dropped off the face of the planet. I went to get another pair from him and he never answered any of my messages.

I got them from Alpha Aquaculture which is local to me. He breeds amazing clowns. Unfortunately he seems to have dropped off the face of the planet. I went to get another pair from him and he never answered any of my messages.

Dang. Well hopefully he resurfaces. Only a 2-2.5 hour drive from me. Well worth it for those fish imo!

Did a water change last night and my BLENNY was the one trying to fight me off! Brave little guy... :o

My LFS got a shipment in today. Since it was a crappy day at work I decided to stop by. They had a lot of inverts that I had thought about getting.

I ended up going home with 3 sexy shrimp and a white spot anemone shrimp.

I was also looking at a pompom crab and blue coral banded. They had some neat stuff :)

After looking at the Internets it looks like I have a reverse trio (2m 1f).

On the clownfish front I'm considering a pair of frostbite clowns. They look pretty cool

sa-frostbite-clownfish1.jpg

I have one of these and he is a bully, awesome lil guy but super aggressive. He tags me over and over whenever my hands are in the tank. There is a guy local to me that breeds these, frostbite bandit occelaris.

My LFS got a shipment in today. Since it was a crappy day at work I decided to stop by. They had a lot of inverts that I had thought about getting.

I ended up going home with 3 sexy shrimp and a white spot anemone shrimp.

I was also looking at a pompom crab and blue coral banded. They had some neat stuff :)

After looking at the Internets it looks like I have a reverse trio (2m 1f).

lucky! i have not seen ANY LFS around here carry white spot anemone shrimp. I want one sooo bad. Mind telling me how much they were going for??

lucky! i have not seen ANY LFS around here carry white spot anemone shrimp. I want one sooo bad. Mind telling me how much they were going for??

$19 It's a female with eggs too.

So my package was suppose to go to a FEDex facility to hold until my lunch break. Instead it went to my house. So I had to take my lunch at 9am to rush home and get it. It was only outside maybe 40 minutes but still annoying.

Anyway on to the coral

Everything looks good despite the cold

So instead of a medium frag of blue hornets I got 2 1 polyp frags. I don't have a tons of luck with 1 polyp frags so we shall see.

The ORA bird of paradise is way larger than 1" which is awesome

My freebie was not a frag of now and laters. Instead they sent some goosebumps. I really like them. They were open in the bag :)

I had trouble getting the plastic things off the frag plugs. I will have to cut them off later when I have more time

The lava mushroom popped of the frag plug but was ok otherwise.

Over all a very good experience :)

$19 It's a female with eggs too.

So my package was suppose to go to a FEDex facility to hold until my lunch break. Instead it went to my house. So I had to take my lunch at 9am to rush home and get it. It was only outside maybe 40 minutes but still annoying.

Anyway on to the coral

Everything looks good despite the cold

So instead of a medium frag of blue hornets I got 2 1 polyp frags. I don't have a tons of luck with 1 polyp frags so we shall see.

The ORA bird of paradise is way larger than 1" which is awesome

My freebie was not a frag of now and laters. Instead they sent some goosebumps. I really like them. They were open in the bag :)

I had trouble getting the plastic things off the frag plugs. I will have to cut them off later when I have more time

The lava mushroom popped of the frag plug but was ok otherwise.

Over all a very good experience :)

Pics??!

Archived