Top Shelf Aquatics

HVani's 34g CADlights Mini-II-Let It Grow

HVani

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the clowns are looking worse but are still eating. It's looking like either brook or velvet.

And I have some sort of stomach bug so I haven't been doing anything but throwing pellets at the tank once a day.

Basically I work then go home and try to convince my body that food is a good thing. We are in negotiations still.

I've had no time to mess with the tank and I don't have another tank to put the clowns in. I'm wondering if I should just euthanize them so they don't have to suffer.

Well the clowns are looking worse but are still eating. It's looking like either brook or velvet.

And I have some sort of stomach bug so I haven't been doing anything but throwing pellets at the tank once a day.

Basically I work then go home and try to convince my body that food is a good thing. We are in negotiations still.

I've had no time to mess with the tank and I don't have another tank to put the clowns in. I'm wondering if I should just euthanize them so they don't have to suffer.

Oh man, that's sad to hear. Hope you (and your fishes) recover soon. :(

Picked up mine yesterday, leak test on the way. i have a 5g spec v that need to transfer to this bad boy, any suggestion on how to do it correctly?

Blah, updates from the reef

First the bad:

All fish sick, I waited too long to pull the clowns. Last night they stopped eating.

Coral Croucher is the first casualty :(

Ug I knew I shouldn't buy fish from that store but I just wanted a pair of onyx so bad.

Maybe I'll just go fishless, how long does a tank have to be fishless for ich/velvet/whatever the hell it is?

The Good News:

Corals are looking awesome. Everything seems to have settled in. I have a couple mushrooms on the move. I just boosted my light the other day. I just need to find them a shady spot.

Also my clam will be here Tuesday. Trying to figure out where to put her.

Got my apex jr all set up! I love it already, though all it's doing right now is controlling my heater. I love fusion. Took me a while to figure out. Turns out I needed the VDM to work my rw4. It's in the mail. I figured out all I want to control and it looks like I will end up with 1 port open. I guess down the road I could measure salinity, but I heard it doesn't work very well and is expensive.

Now I just need to mount everything in my stand and I'll be set.

At least the good news was longer to read than the bad news :flower:. I always say, fish are a PITA LOL.

I think it's 2 months fallow for velvet. My brother was dealing with that and that's what I remember from his experience.

Blah, updates from the reef

First the bad:

All fish sick, I waited too long to pull the clowns. Last night they stopped eating.

Coral Croucher is the first casualty :(

Ug I knew I shouldn't buy fish from that store but I just wanted a pair of onyx so bad.

Maybe I'll just go fishless, how long does a tank have to be fishless for ich/velvet/whatever the hell it is?

The Good News:

Corals are looking awesome. Everything seems to have settled in. I have a couple mushrooms on the move. I just boosted my light the other day. I just need to find them a shady spot.

Also my clam will be here Tuesday. Trying to figure out where to put her.

Got my apex jr all set up! I love it already, though all it's doing right now is controlling my heater. I love fusion. Took me a while to figure out. Turns out I needed the VDM to work my rw4. It's in the mail. I figured out all I want to control and it looks like I will end up with 1 port open. I guess down the road I could measure salinity, but I heard it doesn't work very well and is expensive.

Now I just need to mount everything in my stand and I'll be set.

So sorry to hear about the fish :(

I love my Apex Jr, but I've heard the same thing about the salinity probe. And honestly, since I got everything set up right with my ATO, my salinity is always exactly the same every day.

Wow that escalated quickly...

Horned blenny died Friday night.

By Saturday night all the other fish were dead.

Makes me think velvet. Here starts the fallow period. According to RC I'm looking at 6 week fallow. That puts me at Feb 15th. Which is right when I get home from vacation.

Well my PEA shipment got pushed to next week. I'm bummed but I understand. It's just too cold here (below zero all week). It was -9 when I got up this morning.

Well my PEA shipment got pushed to next week. I'm bummed but I understand. It's just too cold here (below zero all week). It was -9 when I got up this morning.

Yes, it's going to be a very cold week!!

Ug I can't believe tomorrow is some how going to be colder. It was -9 this morning.

Anyway the reef is doing well! Tonight I was feeding the NPS and noticed some tiny red tentacles sticking out from a crevice. I looked closely and its a rock flower anemone! Not Gena's sadly but the oneI got a couple weeks ago that walked away. Now I know where to shoot food for it.

Corals are all really happy.

I bumped up my temps a little. I was doing some reading last night and I think I was keeping everything a little on the cold side. My Apex was keeping it around 77-79 so I bumped it to 78-80. Not a huge jump but maybe it will help with growth.

Clam comes Tuesday (hopefully) and I still have no idea where to put it!!

It has been super cold here. But we should have some relief by the end of the week.

PEA shipments should be here Friday :)

I also made my first order with Legendary Corals which should be here Thursday.

Last week was crappy as far as non tank stuff.

The tank itself is looking really good. I need an updated full tank shot. My corals are open and happy.

I finally got all the pieces I needed to get my rw-4 up and running on the apex. Kind of made a hodge podge wave setting. I haven't found any programs out there for a single pump. All of the ones have 2 pumps running.

I also got my stand organized better and I'm happy with everything right now. I'm thinking of adding some inverts for fun since I can't have any fish.

Still on the fence about upcoming stocking list.

Right now I'm leaning towards:

Pair of perc clowns, not sure what kind

Yellow headed jawfish

Yasha goby with candy pistol

Fire fish? Maybe

Red Sea mimic Blenny if I can find one

McCosker's Flasher wrasse? Maybe

Archived