Top Shelf Aquatics

HVani's 34g CADlights Mini-II-Let It Grow

HVani

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those clowns are so cute and what a great deal you got!

They are super cute!

Awesome looking clown pair!

Thanks!

I've been very happy with them so far. They are cute little buggers.

My snail army is due to arrive today. I'm a little nervous because they are a day late. We'll see.

Ok so I had some extra cash from selling my 65 gallon, burning a hole in my pocket.

My list of things to do with it:

1. Buy more coral!-Fun but it's a crappy season to ship

2. Buy more fishes!-Also fun but I just added to new clowns and I will run out of room quickly if I go too fast.

3. Buy a controller!-Not as much fun, not really sure if I even need it. I seem to have a decent system working now

4. Buy a BlueFish controller-I hate my storm, the bluefish looks sweet and I could add other things as they come out (temperature control ect)

Right now I'm leaning Bluefish controller

My snail army is due to arrive today. I'm a little nervous because they are a day late. We'll see.

Ok so I had some extra cash from selling my 65 gallon, burning a hole in my pocket.

My list of things to do with it:

1. Buy more coral!-Fun but it's a crappy season to ship

2. Buy more fishes!-Also fun but I just added to new clowns and I will run out of room quickly if I go too fast.

3. Buy a controller!-Not as much fun, not really sure if I even need it. I seem to have a decent system working now

4. Buy a BlueFish controller-I hate my storm, the bluefish looks sweet and I could add other things as they come out (temperature control ect)

Right now I'm leaning Bluefish controller

How much extra cash?? If we're talking a few hundred bucks.... I'm thinking another pico tank in another room? Your goal should be to have at least one tank in every room of your house/condo/apt.

LOL I don't think I could afford the divorce.

Next summer I'm setting up a 120 ish gallon in the livingroom but that's going to be freshwater.

How much extra cash?? If we're talking a few hundred bucks.... I'm thinking another pico tank in another room? Your goal should be to have at least one tank in every room of your house/condo/apt.

lol this seems to be the new theme in our house! i think one more in the kitchen and that would do it!

Divorce from another tank?

The 120 sounds awesome, but you should rethink the freshwater :)

lol this seems to be the new theme in our house! i think one more in the kitchen and that would do it!

Great minds think alike! Now... I need to put my own money where my mouth is. I need at least three more tanks.

My husband might leave me if I get anymore tanks. I have 3 now but all in the same room.

Nah I think it will stay freshwater. I love my cichlds. Plus I don't want saltwater all over my new hardwood floors.

My husband might leave me if I get anymore tanks. I have 3 now but all in the same room.

Nah I think it will stay freshwater. I love my cichlds. Plus I don't want saltwater all over my new hardwood floors.

Yeah don't do that then hah. I couldn't imagine dealing with three tanks either!

jedimasterben

Unless you really like playing with your lights a lot, I'd not get the Bluefish just yet. Beyond the Storm, it doesn't offer a whole lot more features other than wireless configuration. Once the additional modules are released, though, then it will be a much more compelling upgrade, but even then, Spencer has said in the past that they will link up together but the 'full tank controller' will be its own separate entity.

Unless you really like playing with your lights a lot, I'd not get the Bluefish just yet. Beyond the Storm, it doesn't offer a whole lot more features other than wireless configuration. Once the additional modules are released, though, then it will be a much more compelling upgrade, but even then, Spencer has said in the past that they will link up together but the 'full tank controller' will be its own separate entity.

Well that doesn't help lol.

I like the idea of using my phone to change things. Right now I'm slowly bumping up my lights each week, so you could say I'm messing with them a lot. Also cloud cover and lightening worked when I first got my light but they keep turning themselves off. It's really annoying.

Snail army arrived. I think they might all be dead :( I added them to the tank and hour ago and there's been no movement. The box wasn't insulated and the USPS guy just left it by the door. Didn't even ring the bell even tough someone was home. I'm so disappointed.

Hermits are enjoying a buffet of dead snails right now.

If snails can't survive the mail this time of year I won't be ordering any coral.

aw sucks...is John gonna replace them? I got an orange lepto in the mail yesterday, and it hasn't opened yet either. Blah. It's gonna be 40s end of next week though so maybe order now? I highly recommend getting the corky finger gorg from KPA so we can all see if it's really as white as their pic =P.

Snail army arrived. I think they might all be dead :( I added them to the tank and hour ago and there's been no movement. The box wasn't insulated and the USPS guy just left it by the door. Didn't even ring the bell even tough someone was home. I'm so disappointed.

Hermits are enjoying a buffet of dead snails right now.

If snails can't survive the mail this time of year I won't be ordering any coral.

Did it not come marked "Live Animals" or similar? Not that it would matter to the postal worker... That's very sad. If it was me I wouldn't order anything that couldn't be held at the facility for pickup cause of the weather.

ETA: I didn't mean that to sound snooty! The weather just seems to fluctuate a lot lately. :unsure:

aw sucks...is John gonna replace them? I got an orange lepto in the mail yesterday, and it hasn't opened yet either. Blah. It's gonna be 40s end of next week though so maybe order now? I highly recommend getting the corky finger gorg from KPA so we can all see if it's really as white as their pic =P.

If I get my second tank set up next spring, I'll probably order gorgs from KPA!!

I am considering the gorg.

I just filled up my cart on K&P, still trying to decide if I should pull the trigger

Did it not come marked "Live Animals" or similar? Not that it would matter to the postal worker... That's very sad. If it was me I wouldn't order anything that couldn't be held at the facility for pickup cause of the weather.

ETA: I didn't mean that to sound snooty! The weather just seems to fluctuate a lot lately. :unsure:

If I get my second tank set up next spring, I'll probably order gorgs from KPA!!

No it was a risk and I knew it. I thought about having it held but I had already ordered it. Usually reefleaner packages make it fine I guess not this time.

I thought the box would at least be insulated.

I am considering the gorg.

I just filled up my cart on K&P, still trying to decide if I should pull the trigger

No it was a risk and I knew it. I thought about having it held but I had already ordered it. Usually reefleaner packages make it fine I guess not this time.

I thought the box would at least be insulated.

It was even a bit warmer today, well at least here. Plus, you were home at the time.

Keep us posted if you pull the trigger on the gorgs!!

Archived