Coral Vue Hydros

tibbsy07 IM10

tibbsy07

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good! I almost didn't recognize your thread since you changed the title :)

Thanks! I like title changes a bit, but the 38L was bugging me. To me that is liters, but in the hobby that's long so... Confusion confusion.

More corals arrived today. Thanks Kat! Hopefully the cold weather didn't damage them too badly. They are dipped and sitting on the sand bed to adjust to the light. The only thing is I have no idea what two of them are, lol

Pictures!

L446i8O.jpg

I got a gorg, some mushrooms, some green palys, and a green nepthea from Kat. Gorg looked great last night, but this morning it looks like something has been eating it??? :eek:

ZnJCGZy.jpg

xn1MI5T.jpg

WuM9lAh.jpg

The one mushroom came in a little flower pot - it looked REALLY cute. It broke though :( So now it's just a small fragment of tiny flower pot with a mushroom on it.

natalia_la_loca

That gorg is necrotic, I had the same thing happen to one of mine on arrival from aquascapers. It will probably fall apart in spectacular fashion over the next 24 hours.

However, if even one polyp survives, there is hope. On mine, two polyps survived, and the gorg is still doing well two years later!

That gorg is necrotic, I had the same thing happen to one of mine on arrival from aquascapers. It will probably fall apart in spectacular fashion over the next 24 hours.

However, if even one polyp survives, there is hope. On mine, two polyps survived, and the gorg is still doing well two years later!

Yeah, definitely looks toast.

Tank noob lesson - coral dip is bad for gorgs. Hopefully it'll survive.

natalia_la_loca

I don't know whether dips are bad for gorgs per se (I didn't dip any of mine), but my general impression is that they're more sensitive to shipping. I've received gorgs by mail three times and in each case they were slower to open than other corals. A dip could be the final straw.

reefernanoman

I like the title of your thread much better now. Everytime I read 38L, for some reason "38 gallons long" is what would pop in my head :lol: .

I don't know whether dips are bad for gorgs per se (I didn't dip any of mine), but my general impression is that they're more sensitive to shipping. I've received gorgs by mail three times and in each case they were slower to open than other corals. A dip could be the final straw.

I see some say yes, some say no. I think the dip was the culprit here. The gorg looked fine before the dip upon arrival.

I like the title of your thread much better now. Everytime I read 38L, for some reason "38 gallons long" is what would pop in my head :lol: .

lol see?

I got 2 gorgs yesterday from KPA. Dipped them both in revive. The yellow photosynthetic one is completely open and started opening up yesterday. The red finger NPS (I've got my fingers crossed here) is slower to open and has just one or two polyps showing so far. I got a purple sea plume gorg from KPA months ago and it took it a few weeks to open up. It also had a slime coat that it shed before opening. Yours is definitely a different type, but is yours definitely losing flesh or could it be sliming? fingerscrossed I hope it makes it!

That green nepthea :wub:

I got 2 gorgs yesterday from KPA. Dipped them both in revive. The yellow photosynthetic one is completely open and started opening up yesterday. The red finger NPS (I've got my fingers crossed here) is slower to open and has just one or two polyps showing so far. I got a purple sea plume gorg from KPA months ago and it took it a few weeks to open up. It also had a slime coat that it shed before opening. Yours is definitely a different type, but is yours definitely losing flesh or could it be sliming? fingerscrossed I hope it makes it!

That green nepthea :wub:

Definitely losing tissue. It looks like someone wrapped a twig in wool right now :(

Here's hoping feeding, light, flow and getting it glued to a good spot and out of the sand will help it recover! fingerscrossed

natalia_la_loca

Definitely losing tissue. It looks like someone wrapped a twig in wool right now :(

Here's hoping feeding, light, flow and getting it glued to a good spot and out of the sand will help it recover! fingerscrossed

You'll know quickly whether any of it has survived. Any living tissue will be firm and brighter in color. Mine sloughed off all dead tissue within a day or two. It stank too. Super nasty.

I'll probably have to get one of those veggie clips, too. I don't have a lot of algae or green stuff in the tank. I think a yellow and a blue - get the most color possible

• Christopher Marks changed the title to tibbsy07 IM10

Archived