Cultivated Reef

tibbsy07 IM10

tibbsy07

I am proud of your strength as you work through what stresses you. :hug:

You could think of the reef as another Harry. He's going to spit and fart and be a messy eater as he learns to eat - he's going to poop where he is not supposed to and pee too. He's not going to listen, he will have his own mind which grows stronger as he grows older so he can put his foot down and not behave as he is supposed to or expected to.

The reef is pretty much the same.

Give it love, attention, food, care. And watch it grow.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep it simple. I feel you tend to over think items that in a nano tank you never have to worry about. My personal tank right now is running on its own. A few things could look better but as a whole the tank fits MY schedule. Which I think is key for you with a new born. My three key point to every tank...

• Flow
  • Light
  • Real seeded rock

Holler if you ever need to ask some Q's. :D

Thank you in so many ways for sharing your experience. It seems that reefing is definitely a form of therapy to many people, myself included, and I hope that this new tank is exactly what you need. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it :)

Congrats on your new baby as well, beautiful!

natalia_la_loca

I look at my reefbowl as a zen garden of sorts too. For me the key concepts are simplicity, patience, and regular methodical maintenance to address small problems before they become big problems. That sounds really similar to what you're talking about with your therapist. Thus far it works for me...I hope it does for you too.

I am proud of your strength as you work through what stresses you. :hug:

You could think of the reef as another Harry. He's going to spit and fart and be a messy eater as he learns to eat - he's going to poop where he is not supposed to and pee too. He's not going to listen, he will have his own mind which grows stronger as he grows older so he can put his foot down and not behave as he is supposed to or expected to.

The reef is pretty much the same.

Give it love, attention, food, care. And watch it grow.

Thanks :) lol I dont think I could handle another Harrison right now!!

I'm looking forward to this though. Havent really fet the tank pull in a long time but it's strong right now. Having a purpose feels right.

Keep it simple. I feel you tend to over think items that in a nano tank you never have to worry about. My personal tank right now is running on its own. A few things could look better but as a whole the tank fits MY schedule. Which I think is key for you with a new born. My three key point to every tank...

• Flow
  • Light
  • Real seeded rock
Holler if you ever need to ask some Q's. :D
Me, overthink? Never! Lol

Simplicity is key. I know that sounds trite but that's something I've always valued in this hobby and I probably could have used my own advice towards the end. The more you take on, the more things get complicated. And when things get complicated, the more things go wrong. And when things go wrong the more it gets frustrating. And when things get frustrating, you can't help but lose interest.

So keep it simple. :)

• 2 months later...

Not happening any time in the near future unfortunately. Time to be realistic about life and current situations, the tanks will have to remain a dream for the foreseeable future.

Mods, please close.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to tibbsy07 IM10

Archived