inTank Media Baskets

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

ouch rebuying sucks but so does hording aquarium equipment since it takes up a ton of room if not in use. I am really struggling to cut down on what I keep mostly because I hate clutter, try not having clutter with 2 little kids in the house though.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Answering a few questions from various forums in this post.

MAME side plumbing

IMG_7558_zpsccb7f05e.jpg

Livingroom current state..you can see the 4 holes in the ceiling from the failed light attempt haha

IMG_7584_zpsf876a854.jpg

Left angle

IMG_7581_zps0aecdb14.jpg

Sump

IMG_7573_zps2a9ddfc8.jpg

Bored. Chromis

IMG_7567_zpsd523e4ee.jpg

chromis2_zps036269ec.jpg

That's a sexy overflow box(if there's such a thing)

The build is looking really spectacular! Everything cleared up really nicely. I think the TV looks even better flanked by reef tanks. I wonder if my wife would let me get another to replicate this? :D

"But babe, it's all about symmetry. The other guys are doing it and I just want to fit in!"

This tank might be coming down.

We won the battle on a end town house rental (I've never seen a crazier market), so we are deciding in the next few hours if we are moving.

It's only a mile away from our current place, so not a huge deal.

This tank might be coming down.

We won the battle on a end town house rental (I've never seen a crazier market), so we are deciding in the next few hours if we are moving.

It's only a mile away from our current place, so not a huge deal.

Will you be setting it back up if you move or will or come down completely and be set up down the road?

Will you be setting it back up if you move or will or come down completely and be set up down the road?

It will be back up immediately lol.

But no more pretty wood wall :(

Any koi pond experts around here?

are you getting a koi pond?! God I wish I lived somewhere I could keep them outdoors year round.

That new room is great, have you thought about doing something where the tank gets natural sunlight for a good part of the day and the lights on a shorter period?

Congrats man! I see lots of room for multiple tanks! :D

Thanks, those windows are screaming for natural sun lit tanks. A salt and a fresh would be great.

are you getting a koi pond?! God I wish I lived somewhere I could keep them outdoors year round.

That new room is great, have you thought about doing something where the tank gets natural sunlight for a good part of the day and the lights on a shorter period?

I thought about an above ground koi pond. That sliding door off the living room goes out to like a 7x7 concrete slab. Then in the back we have a good size deck and some grass. Brainstorming is going crazy right now

I have been thinking of putting the tank in front of one of those windows and having it mostly sunlit.

The good part is we can move into the new place on October 24, and our current place ends October 31. So have a full week to move the tank over and stuff.

I thought about an above ground koi pond. That sliding door off the living room goes out to like a 7x7 concrete slab. Then in the back we have a good size deck and some grass. Brainstorming is going crazy right now

Outdoor tide pool/shallow water tank! I'm going to get you in trouble! :P

Thanks, those windows are screaming for natural sun lit tanks. A salt and a fresh would be great.

I have been thinking of putting the tank in front of one of those windows and having it mostly sunlit.

If I was doing an above ground I would also look into top view ranchu as a pond fish possibility aswell, Requires less of an intense filtration system, koi poop so much a skimmer is often used on their ponds. When your freshwater can be foam fractionated you know your organic level is sky high.

I am in love with the idea of putting in those tube skylights as the main lighting for a reef tank. Just need a ranch style house to do it in, this 3 story townhouse crap doesn't suit me well at all.

Outdoor tide pool/shallow water tank! I'm going to get you in trouble! :P

LOL, *&^% it, he is in cali, saltwater tanks outside work too.

Brad!

Would I be able to slide a mame into a tank with a small rim?? I want to sump my little synergy tank. I'm between this or the x Aqua. I like the Mame more because it's clear. Would it look completely ridiculous on a 12x12x9 tank?? Is it too big?

Brad!

Would I be able to slide a mame into a tank with a small rim?? I want to sump my little synergy tank. I'm between this or the x Aqua. I like the Mame more because it's clear. Would it look completely ridiculous on a 12x12x9 tank?? Is it too big?

Doubt it. The rim would have to be really thin, and from what I've seen from the synergy/nanobox tanks, it looks to be at least a half inch rim. MAME would look fine in that size tank tho.

I can try and measure the space tonight

Brad!

I think the mame itself may fit over the rim but theres a little 90* elbow to hang it on the edge of the tank that has a 12mm clearance.

I think the mame itself may fit over the rim but theres a little 90* elbow to hang it on the edge of the tank that has a 12mm clearance.

So if the rim is smaller then 12mm I should be good? I think when I measured it , it was 9mm. Going to measure it again when i get home.

So if the rim is smaller then 12mm I should be good? I think when I measured it , it was 9mm. Going to measure it again when i get home.

my glass thickness is 10mm and it fits soooo if the total distance from tank edge to edge of the rim is only 9mm your probably good.

Just have to clear the 90* elbow

5063c668.jpg

It's like 9 or 10mm in the middle. It's got a cutout. I was thinking I could slide the Mame over till elbow clears. I could also just notch the rim for that elbow. Looking at it now, I'm sure I can make it work!

It's like 9 or 10mm in the middle. It's got a cutout. I was thinking I could slide the Mame over till elbow clears. I could also just notch the rim for that elbow. Looking at it now, I'm sure I can make it work!

oh i see the cutout now, how wide is the cutout at is narrow section?

Thanks for helping me out guys. Brad, don't mean to clog up your thread.

oh i see the cutout now, how wide is the cutout at is narrow section?

It's 2 inches on the inner, and 4 inches at its widest. The rim is 18mm on the tank. What I was thinking is just drilling a hole in the rim for that nipple to fall into. That way I could run it in the corner. Would the rest of the Mame slide over the rim? That way I just drill a hole for the elbow. That 90 is just there to help it hang on the tank right?

Archived