inTank Media Baskets

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came back from being away for 4 days and the tank was still running and no flood.

success.

i have had numerous power outages this year and never had an issue. Mames design is definitely ingenious.

Came back late last night and the light was sitting at the door step!

Great trip. Will update my photo thread when I get around to editing the pictures

Seahawks vs packers

6B930449-7B1B-4B38-A896-1FAF74B87888_zps

Canon Beach

6D6983F2-4140-46DA-A70E-7F0E2636D0F5_zps

340ADDA3-1CD3-4005-BD07-FAC56AC749FC_zps

Oregon vs. Michigan St

F8BD1CFC-FF09-466A-93F0-6BC73617D202_zps

B7F2EB08-B224-43ED-89A6-105FC86BCE81_zps

Voodoo Dougnuts

57B453AB-B663-4943-9FDF-259D60E9A7FA_zps

Legendary Corals

Voodoo Dougnuts

57B453AB-B663-4943-9FDF-259D60E9A7FA_zps

Dang those look awesome! Reminds me of a place we have called Psycho donuts that's over here in the bay.

Excited to see what you do with the new tank...

Dang those look awesome! Reminds me of a place we have called Psycho donuts that's over here in the bay.

Excited to see what you do with the new tank...

Yeah, I've heard of psycho. Haven't been down to the south bay in sometime though.

Awesome pics Brad, looks like you really enjoyed that lens. This one is my favorite.

Thanks. Did a 30 second exposure, the red glow of the bonfire created that awesome look on the sand. Looks like another planet.

Brad you ever find the sweet spot for the curve 5?

Still just been sitting in my sump, on, but not coming close to getting anything into the cup. Set on max.

I need to raise it, just haven't had time lately. I hope tonight I can hang the light and make a stand to raise the curve5.

Most frustrating part of hanging a light : cutting the wires.

Can never get wire cutters to do a clean cut.

klein tools makes good cutters worth buying some you wont ever replace.

Most frustrating part of hanging a light : cutting the wires.

Can never get wire cutters to do a clean cut.

If it'sthe aircraft cable type of wire, a dremel cutoff wheel works like a charm.

Asfor the black wires under the sump, you can get wire sleeve in different colors that would cover that

http://www.amazon.com/Techflex-PTN0-50WH25-General-Purpose-Braided/dp/B004UHJCEE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1410575880&sr=8-3&keywords=wire+sleeve+white

How does this go in the ceiling again? Lol

This looks right, so the piece that holds the wire can screw on, but then there is no flat head to screw it into the ceiling.

AF5C0A42-6B1D-4302-A5C6-F2C9115D3BCB_zps

You have to drill a big enough hole for the butterfly nut to fit through, not to big though. Then run the hanging wire through the hanging nut with the bezel end on top towards the ceiling. Screw that in to the bolt sticking out of the ceiling, hand tighten. The cap (washer looking thing) goes between the hanging nut and ceiling to cover the hole you drilled for butterfly nut. Then measure how long you want the hanging wire to be, and cut wire. Put a lil wax or tape where you want to cut hanging wire so the end does not fray. Hope this makes sense. Gl and nice pics

Came back late last night and the light was sitting at the door step!

Great trip. Will update my photo thread when I get around to editing the pictures

Seahawks vs packers

6B930449-7B1B-4B38-A896-1FAF74B87888_zps

It was hard for me to watch that game.

It was hard for me to watch that game.

Fun game to be at. I'm not a huge nfl fan, I watch all the games and follow players but I live for college football.

A trick for the wires I have learned. I slide them into the standoff first before cutting them. Once I set everything up I just clip em. That way they don't separate and slide in easy.

That frosted back makes da water look murky

I drained the tank last night cuz I had to move the top like a half inch. So that was like 12 hours after having 20 gallons poured ontop of the sand.

Archived