Pod Your Reef

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

It will be much easier to wait for Dave's package and do all the wiring first.

Pro tip : never order from west elm and believe their shipping dates. This is a disaster. I just want my couch!
BAB300F8-24CE-4DE9-9950-4D2FEA500C25_zps

/customer service gets me fired up

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight:

1. Frost display back
  2. Add white panel behind sump
  3. Mount LED strips inside the stand
  4. Touch up the conrete/sand down some areas
  5. Clean sump
  6. Sleep
  7. Water - Wednesday
Tonight:

1. Frost display back
  5. Clean sump
  6. Sleep
  7. Water - Wednesday

This I like

Tonight:

1. Frost display back
  5. Clean sump
  6. Sleep
  7. Water - Wednesday

What are leds inside the tank for?

What are leds inside the tank for?

Give more light inside the stand when working on the sump. Will be attached to the bottom of the one shelf.

15 pounds of rock from reef cleaners has been ordered.

I hope it makes it to me. I think this will be my 4th time ordering from John and the 3 previous times were all damaged and returned by FedEx lol

Dang it I just ordered a 50lbs box for my new tank

Give more light inside the stand when working on the sump. Will be attached to the bottom of the one shelf.

Oh, for some reason I read that as "mount led's in the tank" haha

Dang it I just ordered a 50lbs box for my new tank

Better not take all the good rock! :)

Oh, for some reason I read that as "mount led's in the tank" haha

That's what I figured, but didn't want to ignore you haha

IMG_9176_zps80b654f1.jpg

The clear choice here is to not take down the other and run them both.

I just picked up the nifty fifty. That's a fun little lens as well. Your shots look good.

I give up. This frosting film is shit

did you use the shitty stuff that has its own application liquid? The good stuff home depot carries is thick as hell and sticks on with just water cling

First stuff I had was super thin and delicate. Then went back and got the thick stuff

Fresh91C5CC04-7CEB-482E-93BE-C256B6FF4539_zpsFrost 5B2D3897-6444-4410-8151-CA8DA85FCFC6_zps[/url]

Yeah that's what I ended up with

First stuff I had was super thin and delicate. Then went back and got the thick stuffFreshhttp://s3.photobucket.com/user/ObeyHK/media/91C5CC04-7CEB-482E-93BE-C256B6FF4539_zpsq7eka80h.jpg.html]91C5CC04-7CEB-482E-93BE-C256B6FF4539_zps[/url]Frost http://s3.photobucket.com/user/ObeyHK/media/5B2D3897-6444-4410-8151-CA8DA85FCFC6_zpsmxyxs528.jpg.html]5B2D3897-6444-4410-8151-CA8DA85FCFC6_zps[/url]

Yeah that's what I ended up with

after i read a few reviews on the other stuff i decided to avoid it lol plus I wanted something easily removable

The clear choice here is to not take down the other and run them both.

I just picked up the nifty fifty. That's a fun little lens as well. Your shots look good.

Nifty Fifty is a nice little lens too. I used it the other weekend at Outside Lands

14888253131_26f7efd0ff_b.jpgThe Killers | Outside Lands 2014 by BradBphoto, on Flickr

14860636346_d69a2b41f5_b.jpgIMG_8994 by BradBphoto, on Flickr

14903493203_fc0435662c_b.jpgIMG_8997 by BradBphoto, on Flickr

The 50mm 1.8 and 40mm 2.8 are great lenses under $200. I want to eventually get the Canon 50 1.2 L and the Sigma 35mm 1.4 ART. I am renting the Canon 24mm 1.4L for an upcoming trip, really excited to use this.

Nifty Fifty is a nice little lens too. I used it the other weekend at Outside Lands

14888253131_26f7efd0ff_b.jpgThe Killers | Outside Lands 2014 by BradBphoto, on Flickr

14860636346_d69a2b41f5_b.jpgIMG_8994 by BradBphoto, on Flickr

14903493203_fc0435662c_b.jpgIMG_8997 by BradBphoto, on Flickr

The 50mm 1.8 and 40mm 2.8 are great lenses under $200. I want to eventually get the Canon 50 1.2 L and the Sigma 35mm 1.4 ART. I am renting the Canon 24mm 1.4L for an upcoming trip, really excited to use this.

let me know how the ART lenses are if you rent them, They look like tanks and I am wondering if i would hate carrying it or if the quality justifies it.

My fav walk about lens is my nikon 24mm 2.0 right now though

let me know how the ART lenses are if you rent them, They look like tanks and I am wondering if i would hate carrying it or if the quality justifies it.

My fav walk about lens is my nikon 24mm 2.0 right now though

My buddy let me use his 35mm ART, it is awesome. I believe he said it is his main lens now. He does some professional photography for some street wear brands. http://kevinmayer.tumblr.com/

I took this with it

https://flic.kr/p/or5knr'>14723606903_f2e86d6f6a_b.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/or5knr'>View from Twin Peaks by https://www.flickr.com/people/35853329@N08/'>BradBphoto, on Flickr

how heavy is it, and do you think sigma accomplished their goal of making it a better than zeiss lens as was their original goal with the ART lens. I have messed around with a few zeiss lenses a while back and while MF lenses they look spectacular.

I tend to shoot with the 24 because on a dx sensor the fov is close to a true 35 which is my fav focal length for walk around shots. In all honesty my next purchase will probably be an 85 1.4 cream machine though as I need more family pics and the bokeh produced really gives a surreal look to child action shots.

Also I am liking a lot of that guys work you linked. The vintage treated stuff not so much but some of his shots look spectacular.

how heavy is it, and do you think sigma accomplished their goal of making it a better than zeiss lens as was their original goal with the ART lens. I have messed around with a few zeiss lenses a while back and while MF lenses they look spectacular.

I tend to shoot with the 24 because on a dx sensor the fov is close to a true 35 which is my fav focal length for walk around shots. In all honesty my next purchase will probably be an 85 1.4 cream machine though as I need more family pics and the bokeh produced really gives a surreal look to child action shots.

I honestly can't really remember. I only used it for like 2 minutes because he wanted to use my 24-105.

I don't know much about zeiss, but I know everyone says the Sigma kills the Canon version, and way cheaper.

Yea, I was gonna say 24mm sounds wide for a walk around, but makes sense with a crop body.

Switch to canon :)

I honestly can't really remember. I only used it for like 2 minutes because he wanted to use my 24-105.

I don't know much about zeiss, but I know everyone says the Sigma kills the Canon version, and way cheaper.

Yea, I was gonna say 24mm sounds wide for a walk around, but makes sense with a crop body.

Switch to canon :)

Nikon > canon in every way lol... yes I am a Nikon guy that will never be swayed. If I switch anything ill be buying a used d700 as it was the last full frame pro model body Nikon made that was truly built like a tank, thing could be used for self defense purposes lol.

Archived