inTank Media Baskets

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the white picO. I love it when the tank and stand are the same dims.

Won't happen on this one. I need a stand that will also house my tv equipment

edit...

I have an idea. Anyone know of any 24x16x36ish stands?

I am thinking stand the same size of the tank, then in the corner where the current 18" cube is, make some wood boxes and have the TV equipment in there and a bunch of terrariums and plants and stuff.

I have to restart the planted tank, maybe put it in that corner too.

Won't happen on this one. I need a stand that will also house my tv equipment

edit...

I have an idea. Anyone know of any 24x16x36ish stands?

I have an old tv media center (record player and radio built in as well as speakers lol) I gutted the electronics years ago and the thing is made from some seriously heavy wood. Can fit a 30x18 footprint in the center just need to build the tank for it, catch is the sump area probably couldn't fit a full size skimmer as it has like 18 inches clearance or something small like that.

Anyways what I am getting at is maybe a vintage re purposed furniture item.

I have an old tv media center (record player and radio built in as well as speakers lol) I gutted the electronics years ago and the thing is made from some seriously heavy wood. Can fit a 30x18 footprint in the center just need to build the tank for it, catch is the sump area probably couldn't fit a full size skimmer as it has like 18 inches clearance or something small like that.

Anyways what I am getting at is maybe a vintage re purposed furniture item.

Like this ;)

We got it when we were down visting my wife's grandma in harrisonburg, va. If we still lived in DC, I would def drive down there again. Some great vintage furniture down south.

fts0627_zps28e991f0.jpg

9F758CF1-5811-4E5B-A2D4-748675487B59-102

standup0603_zps4662cc14.jpg

FULLSHOT0206_zps5fd53da1.jpg

B981494F-207E-4B04-8CD9-8A115E1D47B4-154

27AC6FFD-E861-4836-9B3B-B8B08DAB8ADF-154

AB6AA2DD-776B-4D2E-A04E-8CF8DF4B0AC0-154

7673910A-9C06-4C5E-AB4D-122A8F53CAB0-154

FULLSTAND012113_zpsec210d2d.jpg

F0D17097-8966-437F-B904-F7F6A2411050-154

And then we had to sell and move to California

FF5780EA-B2B5-4694-B13A-DB3D321114EF-165

Very stylish! It's looks really good, man! How can you put doors in front of a work of art like that sump of yours? :D

The plan was to actually attach the drawer fronts to plywood and use magnets to hide the sump....then we had to move

We brought that piece to CA with us, but have it as a tv stand in the bedroom now.

The plan was to actually attach the drawer fronts to plywood and use magnets to hide the sump....then we had to move

We brought that piece to CA with us, but have it as a tv stand in the bedroom now.

Oh right, your up in he bay. What area? I will be in San Francisco for an archaeology conference in April. I should stop by and check out your tank since it will be set up by then!

Oh right, your up in he bay. What area? I will be in San Francisco for an archaeology conference in April. I should stop by and check out your tank since it will be set up by then!

San Mateo, about 20 minutes south of the city. We always consider moving to the city, but my wife works in San Mateo and I work further south in Menlo Park.

Def send a message when you're out here, tank should be nice by April.

Oh thats awesome i didn't realize you repurposed that piece of furniture. Ill take a pic of the console as you will get a laugh as the design on it is very similar to your stand.

Looks really good, are you happy with the quality?

Yea. Equal with all the ADA's I've had.

Impressed in the wooden crate too, especially with free shipping.

You can see in that pic that even looking through two panes of glass, there is no variation in the color with the pictures in the background.

Today's stand search has been a failure

That was my luck trying to find a stand for my reef savvy. Ended up finding a local furniture guy and he custom made me a stand similar to the reef savvy stands for 450. It's awesome, can't wait to set this tank up soon.

Gonna make my own tomorrow. Following this picture

099FFB0B-AA78-4B3B-ACCE-2305CF2BE82A_zps

Those middle 2x4's are completely uneccessary for that span using 2x4's. Stand would be way lighter and easier access to sump. I'd use a kreg jig aswell if you don't want a cleat in all four corners which I am assuming you don't because that one was assembled using metal brackets.

You could park a car on that stand literally.

edit also: Just noticed the wierd use of 1 2x4 on each corner hence his need for a center brace looks to be mostly for stability from being bumped into. Mainly skinning that thing is going to be a pita unless its just wood hung off like a french cleat.

Archived