Coral Vue Hydros

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

+1 on that Kreg Jig. Pocket holes make life a ton easier.

Either one of these should work equally well:
Kreg Jig 2 Hole
Kreg Jig 1 Hole

P.S. if you plan on skinning the stand with plywood and using a glossy paint-like finish, I would recommend filling any seams where the plywood skinning joins (i.e where planes meet) with paintable silicone to create a seamless finish.

EDIT:

Heck, instead of using those 2x4s, you can even build a stand out of 3/4 inch plywood like this guy.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys will see tomorrow. Pretty pumped if I can make my vision come thru. Don't think it will be too hard.

You have yet to let me down... I think I have liked every diy you have done so far

damm you made that fast looks good

When I start something, I have to finish it that day or I won't sleep at night haha.

Gonna drill two holes on the left side of the stand for the mame tubing. Going to have the tank practically flat against the wall, so figured this would look a little cleaner going straight down and into the tank, versus down then wrapped back behind the tank

So just as curiosity, how will you ever get that sump out of the stand if you need to?

LOL

The one side is magnetic

Need quick advice.

Original plan was to make the base all concrete finish. But kinda digging the white

1. All white with concrete top

2. All concrete with lacquer white top

Need quick advice.

Original plan was to make the base all concrete finish. But kinda digging the white

1. All white with concrete top

2. All concrete with lacquer white top

Dammit I think I missed the vote

Archived