Cultivated Reef

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to JR (NR), Isaac (wamas), and NanoBox Dave for standing by on text messages today! And everyone else from NR posting today

Last piece drying out

2B8C7744-873D-46CB-A668-353E76D0DE17_zps

I am not sure how you diy so well, i spent yesterday helping my dad put a concrete cap around a 2ft diameter pipe that had been seperated by apparently 40 yrs of water movement from a creek. I hate working with concrete.

I am not sure how you diy so well, i spent yesterday helping my dad put a concrete cap around a 2ft diameter pipe that had been seperated by apparently 40 yrs of water movement from a creek. I hate working with concrete.

I think I got the wrong kind, tons of tiny rocks, so I ended up putting it on with a paint brush and scraping away the rocks.

I think I got the wrong kind, tons of tiny rocks, so I ended up putting it on with a paint brush and scraping away the rocks.

You used concrete not cement in that case

Was catching up on the thread and saw concrete on the list and thought to myself "I betcha Brad is doing a concrete top for the stand" and BAM, 2 pages later we have a concrete top. Was not dissapointed at all haha. How are you going to fix it to the stand? Just rely on the weight or use concrete anchors?

Was catching up on the thread and saw concrete on the list and thought to myself "I betcha Brad is doing a concrete top for the stand" and BAM, 2 pages later we have a concrete top. Was not dissapointed at all haha. How are you going to fix it to the stand? Just rely on the weight or use concrete anchors?

I just have it floating, fits pretty snug

I think I made one mistake. I don't think the mp10 and storm x controller will have enough room to close when the front panel is on. I was planning to Velcro them to the front of that shelf.

I just have it floating, fits pretty snug I think I made one mistake. I don't think the mp10 and storm x controller will have enough room to close when the front panel is on. I was planning to Velcro them to the front of that shelf.

Yeah I imagine it would. if you are worried about space you could always cut a piece out of that shelf wide enough for both the MP10 & Storm Controller to fit and fix a slightly larger piece of wood to the shelf from the rear. The new piece would essentially act as the mounting point for the controllers giving you the thickness of the wood as additional clearance. Wow that came out really jumbled.

Yea, I will come up with something.

Concrete dried nicely overnight.

Dave is sending me something on Thursday, so once that arrives, I will have the tank wet.

Any inputs on protein skimmer?

1. SCA 301 - Cheap, never had problems with it on one of my old tanks

2. Cad Lights PLS-50 Elite

3. Bubble Magus Curve 5 - Had one before, no complaints

I received a canon 40mm 2.8 pancake lens today, pretty awesome cheap tiny lens. Not even sure if it is an inch long. Just some quick snap shots, can't wait to really test it out.

IMG_9165_zpsace17c7b.jpg

IMG_9168_zpsf407eca7.jpg

IMG_9169_zps2ad84a9a.jpg

Current state of the living room

IMG_9176_zps80b654f1.jpg

So clean and simple.. giving me good ideas for my rock scape. Thanks. Love the tanks. Can't wait to get the ELOS 120 up now..

So clean and simple.. giving me good ideas for my rock scape. Thanks. Love the tanks. Can't wait to get the ELOS 120 up now..

Thanks!

I was originally thinking I was gonna do the scape on this tank to mimic a planted tank, but then I thought about how much sand would be needed and how gross deep sand beds can look through the side of the tank.

So, going pretty minimalist on this one.

15 pounds of rock from reef cleaners has been ordered.

I hope it makes it to me. I think this will be my 4th time ordering from John and the 3 previous times were all damaged and returned by FedEx lol

15 pounds of rock from reef cleaners has been ordered.

I hope it makes it to me. I think this will be my 4th time ordering from John and the 3 previous times were all damaged and returned by FedEx lol

god bless fedex, they try their hardest. You should email them stating you would be disappointed if their track record didn't stay at 100% with you.

Archived