SaltCritters.com

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

erictorres0311

Oh wow nice place is that a house or apartment ? If you don't mine me asking? I might have skipped that part. I love that wall where the tanks are gonna sit makes them stand out even more. Tagging along beautiful place

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. It is an apartment.

Tank is now 100% going. Rock on the left is giant. Thinking of just using it and putting it in the center

IMG_0811_zps610a0efe.jpg

Big one center rolled on its right side facing down angled tip toward front right corner... sry thats just what i see in it besides the obvious what position its in haha. If its on its side tho its easier to place frags on.

Big one center rolled on its right side facing down angled tip toward front right corner... sry thats just what i see in it besides the obvious what position its in haha. If its on its side tho its easier to place frags on.

I was thinking the same. Nix the smaller rock and go with one sloping centerpiece to showcase corals.

I was thinking the same. Nix the smaller rock and go with one sloping centerpiece to showcase corals.

This tank has great dimensions for a awesome bonsai structure!

I need to take more pictures of the massive left rock, has tons of space for SPS. On that flat drop off on right right, I was gonna put all my LPS hanging off of it.

Oh yeah, that koralia nano power head is just waiting for the mp10's from the other tank. Won't actually be in there

Clearing up a bit more. Hard to take a picture of this rock to really show it off. Everyone will just have to trust me. Definitely taking out the smaller rock

IMG_0814_zpsea87417b.jpg

IMG_0816_zps052cd8dd.jpg

IMG_0817_zps8bbcfc44.jpg

Center it, or rotate it a little to bring the left side of the rock a little more forward facing? I don't think I am going to lay it down.

Clearing up a bit more. Hard to take a picture of this rock to really show it off. Everyone will just have to trust me. Definitely taking out the smaller rock

IMG_0814_zpsea87417b.jpg

IMG_0816_zps052cd8dd.jpg

IMG_0817_zps8bbcfc44.jpg

Center it, or rotate it a little to bring the left side of the rock a little more forward facing? I don't think I am going to lay it down.

I wouldn't 100% center it just because it kills the flow of a rectangular tank, but i would get it a bit further from the glass just kuz i assume you don't rly want perma algae growing between it and the glass.

I say go for a 'golden ratio', putting the large rock 2/3 of the way to one side of the tank. The side-view shot looks like that side of the rock should be facing forward, so you could rotate it. And whether or not you want the rock to curve in towards the rest of the tank is probably a matter of personal taste (I'd want it to curve inwards, so the shadowed corals under that tiny ledge would be towards the center of the tank).

I wouldn't 100% center it just because it kills the flow of a rectangular tank, but i would get it a bit further from the glass just kuz i assume you don't rly want perma algae growing between it and the glass.

I say go for a 'golden ratio', putting the large rock 2/3 of the way to one side of the tank. The side-view shot looks like that side of the rock should be facing forward, so you could rotate it. And whether or not you want the rock to curve in towards the rest of the tank is probably a matter of personal taste (I'd want it to curve inwards, so the shadowed corals under that tiny ledge would be towards the center of the tank).

This?

IMG_0822_zps71572fbe.jpg

And have it just covered it lushish GSP

rofl I need to keep mah mouth shut and let you do your thing man. When its how you like it thats when you say done.

I guess if it takes up half the tank, the rock might be better off centered or just off center. Or you could keep it like that and have tiny islands on the other side, so it actually looks like a tiny cliff edge. Hm.

Boring update

IMG_0862_zps7b6abd80.jpg

IMG_0866_zps603eb804.jpg

That looks really cool. A small rock full of zoas or rics would looks awesome on the right side

I was thinking of scattering the hammers/torches around on the right

Really like the overall look. I switched tanks a few months back because I realized that I couldn't enjoy the stuff inside the tank if the outside wasn't aesthetically pleasing. That mame, nanobox, and stand really look smooth together.

Also love the minimalist scape you have right now. I think you could add something on the right but definitely stick with your theme/look you have going. Maybe just one more, much smaller island. I always end up with a rock scape that's slightly too large for what I wanted and envy those with self control in their scaping :mellow:

Tony

Your boring tank looks better than my tank that's been up for a year....

:P

haha thanks

Another option is to put in supports of some kind and flip it upside down from it's current position.

That would be pretty awesome

lookin good now that the waters cleared up. How you cycling?

Thanks. Long light period, feeding the tank, and just added 4 chromis last night.

Really like the overall look. I switched tanks a few months back because I realized that I couldn't enjoy the stuff inside the tank if the outside wasn't aesthetically pleasing. That mame, nanobox, and stand really look smooth together.

Also love the minimalist scape you have right now. I think you could add something on the right but definitely stick with your theme/look you have going. Maybe just one more, much smaller island. I always end up with a rock scape that's slightly too large for what I wanted and envy those with self control in their scaping :mellow:

Tony

Thanks. Keep going back and forth between making a small euphyllia island, or scattering them out on the right side.

I'm seeing great things here

Wow. So clean. Everything about this is aesthetically pleasing to my eyes. Following along. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Just ordered 12 mangroves and some snails from reefcleaners. The 18" cube has been really neglected and having some bad algae outbreaks :(

Archived