Cultivated Reef

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mangroves you say

yessir.

Damn it. The iMac has a cd and sd memory card slot like an inch apart on the side. Sometimes I just feel around and stick my camera memory card in, this time I pushed it into the cd drive slot. fml had some cool shots of the chromis.

Always look before putting it into an open slot :slap:

Damn...that thing cycled that quick?

Debatable. Fish will be fine though

This tank is sweet. I've always wanted a rimless tank. Just so much more money.

Thanks. Definitely worth it though if you have the opportunity to wait and save up more $$. Now that they've really gained popularity and a lot more companies are starting to produce rimless tanks, prices have been dropping.

That is looking great! I love the clean look of the mame overflow. Noob here... What kind of fish are those?

Thanks! As Alex said, chromis.

Great build! Do you think the Mame overflow would work on my 24x24x12 30 gallon cube? Where did you get yours? Thanks, Al

Thanks! The MAME was ordered from Neil at Salwater Conversion (form sponsor). MAME is rated for 26 gallon tank, but the user "hey" has one on his 50g.

Answering a few questions from various forums in this post.

MAME side plumbing

IMG_7558_zpsccb7f05e.jpg

Livingroom current state..you can see the 4 holes in the ceiling from the failed light attempt haha

IMG_7584_zpsf876a854.jpg

Left angle

IMG_7581_zps0aecdb14.jpg

Sump

IMG_7573_zps2a9ddfc8.jpg

Bored. Chromis

IMG_7567_zpsd523e4ee.jpg

chromis2_zps036269ec.jpg

Looks great Brad :). Just had to play a bit of catch up (been lazy up in here lately) and things have progressed really well. I am truely envious of your lounge area.

Answering a few questions from various forums in this post.

MAME side plumbing

IMG_7558_zpsccb7f05e.jpg

Livingroom current state..you can see the 4 holes in the ceiling from the failed light attempt haha

IMG_7584_zpsf876a854.jpg

Left angle

IMG_7581_zps0aecdb14.jpg

Sump

IMG_7573_zps2a9ddfc8.jpg

Bored. Chromis

IMG_7567_zpsd523e4ee.jpg

chromis2_zps036269ec.jpg

I like that they aren't covered in red splotches and dying one by one... it will be a while if I ever try more that was just traumatic.

And yeh I use a mame on a 50 but I dunno if I would recommend that for any1 who doesn't keep reefs like I do, I am not saying I am doing it right I have just found it works for me so far. Lots of detritus settles because of the lack of turnover and you have to have tons of detritus cuc, overpowered skimming, carbon dosing, and I actually let vermetids proliferate as a means of clearing the water of detritus when I stir it up regularly. We shall see if it is a sustainable model though in a few years heh.

So are you planning for some meat corals in this thing, my lfs usually has access to some cool ones through their wholesaler and if I had room I would have a bunch by now lol.

So are you planning for some meat corals in this thing, my lfs usually has access to some cool ones through their wholesaler and if I had room I would have a bunch by now lol.

Most likely just SPS and zoa's.

Ah, I guess I can get on board with that. You going to get a dosing system for this system or manually do it?

Probably end up getting a doser. I used to have the bubble magus doser but sold it all before moving.

Probably end up getting a doser. I used to have the bubble magus doser but sold it all before moving.

theres the jebao one (BM rebranded from what I can see) that sells for uber cheap on fish street.

theres the jebao one (BM rebranded from what I can see) that sells for uber cheap on fish street.

I've heard of it, just haven't looked into it yet. I will be sure to check them all out when the time comes.

I should have never sold off my sps equipment before moving.

1. Bubble Magus Curve 5 - rebought after moving
  2. Vertex zeovit reactor - most likely rebuy
  3. Bubble Magus Doser - most likely rebuy
  4. All zeovit additives - most likely rebuy

Archived