Pod Your Reef

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

I'd say make sure the flow is nice and low and hopefully he'll pull threw

He's out swimming now. Last night he was curled up in the corner of the tank, but has now found a new hole home in the rock.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's out swimming now. Last night he was curled up in the corner of the tank, but has now found a new hole home in the rock.

That's awesome dude, I just got a new one on weds, went to put him in the tank and the little shit jumped out and attacked me and hit the floor, picked him up and set him back in there and he's been good to go so far and eats like a pig.

A0920B69-1DB6-4B4D-BF61-B5DD92254FBD_zps

Going direct to some guy in North Carolina

8CFF8B79-63B0-4559-B1C8-B2A1EC44CAF8_zps

That's awesome! I really want to do the same but I love being able to control my Radion via apex fusion. Otherwise I'd jump on board that ship, plus most of the extra cash is going towards my wedding

I almost bought the same light last night and would've went to Dave. The voice in the back of my head was fighting between wedding or fish tank. I know the feeling mpsti!

Sending Dave my old quad and he is going to put the pucks from that in the ATI. Unfortunately doesn't have the limes, but still will be great.

im sure you can xiaoty think thats how you spell it lol

where did you order the ati from?

If you're talking about the limes in my fixture, I retrofitted them myself with RapidLED limes after Dave gave me the go ahead.

Does it have a commercial name?

I have no idea.

So, after yesterday's trip I am going to set up a nice and low maintenance mangrove tank:

18" cube (not ideal, would like shallower but I have it)

70w halide

Lily pipes and canister filter

6" sand bed

20" mangroves from ebay

chocolate chip stars

Yellow stripe or bangaii cardinals

I have all the equipment, so will be a nice cheap setup.

I was thinking if I could make a "rain" ATO, that way the leaves will be cleaned off, and the tank will be topped off.

Sent mangrove master Giga a pm last night, so waiting to hear his feedback before moving forward.

Holy crap, I need this in my life. :|

Next time I go I am going to do the behind the scenes tour. They go through the food prep, filtration systems, etc.

Next time I go I am going to do the behind the scenes tour. They go through the food prep, filtration systems, etc.

I went on that last year, totally worth it!

The low maintenance mangrove system will probably look awesome and natural. Plus you can keep some non reef safe stuff in it which is exciting as well.

I just thought of, deep sand bed with some tube nems aswell... or a dwarf angel thatd be prone to nipping coral.

I glad your movie went well. Also, Nice choice getting the ATI with nano box pucks over you're tank. He mangrove tank sounds like a great idea too.

The low maintenance mangrove system will probably look awesome and natural. Plus you can keep some non reef safe stuff in it which is exciting as well.

Wish I could do a lionfish, but all are "recommended" at 50 gallons.

I think a couple chocolate chip stars, cleaner shrimp, and a few cardinals will be good. Any other suggestions?

I liked the striped cardinal fish I had in an old 30c

cardinal1_zps29ad17ee.jpg

maybe a biotope? I am not familiar enough with the mangrove areas to know what fish are native to them but I am sure giga can answer that. I was sad when he took the heraldi angel out of his tank I love yellow dwarf angels.

Wait to hear back from giga, but I was thinking of getting a 12" cube and filling it with mud/sand and having the mangroves in there , then gluing rocks around the 12" tank to hide it. Then a smaller 2-3" sand bed

Wonder how that would look

Archived