SaltCritters.com

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

I'll definitely be checking out the California Academy of Sciences when we move up that way. Thanks for the pics.

Mangrove tank sounds neat.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I could do a lionfish, but all are "recommended" at 50 gallons.

I think a couple chocolate chip stars, cleaner shrimp, and a few cardinals will be good. Any other suggestions?

I liked the striped cardinal fish I had in an old 30c

cardinal1_zps29ad17ee.jpg

Leaffish or other small scorpion fish could work.

Wait to hear back from giga, but I was thinking of getting a 12" cube and filling it with mud/sand and having the mangroves in there , then gluing rocks around the 12" tank to hide it. Then a smaller 2-3" sand bed

Wonder how that would look

so glueing rocks around the outside of the tank to hide the mud line? I would just build a recessed stand to set the aquarium in to hide the high substrate, so say 6 inches of substrate 7 inches of the tank exposed above the stand.

so glueing rocks around the outside of the tank to hide the mud line? I would just build a recessed stand to set the aquarium in to hide the high substrate, so say 6 inches of substrate 7 inches of the tank exposed above the stand.

It would be a cube inside a cube. The inside cube would be acting as a planter pot. The rocks would be to hide the cube within the cube.

The 18" cube would only have like an inch sand bed. I just posted pics in the new thread

In this tank news, I can't get the protein skimmer to stop overflowing. Ever since gluing the corals down on Friday, it hasn't been right since.

Yea, I used fluval epoxy and saltcritters glue. First time using either

ya I use jb waterweld and loctite gel its most certainly the epoxy that does it though.

I have holes drilled into the rock work. I just drop the frag plug in. If I ever feel like moving something I don't have to pull it off of my rock work. This works great for the SPS. For everything else I have to do what you do and pry them off of the plugs. You're right- it's very frustrating.

I have holes drilled into the rock work. I just drop the frag plug in. If I ever feel like moving something I don't have to pull it off of my rock work. This works great for the SPS. For everything else I have to do what you do and pry them off of the plugs. You're right- it's very frustrating.

I think this is going to be my next approach, the more and more I think about it the more sense it makes.

Good bye old friend. Can't wait to see your new refurbished sexy ass

861B2F39-6387-4283-9910-1736DCF2A091_zps

B836C5C5-B2E3-4816-ABF5-99A333AC4ADD_zps

Dave - I used like two rolls of bubble wrap, I swear if FedEx breaks this... Haha

You're on the wrong side of the tank little guy

7B73A9FF-35BD-4BAD-9858-D3D2BFB49CB0_zps

Classic nerites! :rolleyes: I don't think I'll ever get these guys again...it's cute at first, but when you come home to random snails climbing outside of the tank everywhere (and havin' to pluck 'em and throw 'em back in), it gets old. <_<

Curve 5 still won't stop overflowing. Been over a week and a 25 gallon water change

Even with the gate wide open? What's the water level in the skimmer chamber?

Even with the gate wide open? What's the water level in the skimmer chamber?

9.5". Been setup this way to a while but haven't had problems till I glued down all that lps week and a half ago. I've never had a skimmer be messed up for that long after epoxy/glue.

9.5". Been setup this way to a while but haven't had problems till I glued down all that lps week and a half ago. I've never had a skimmer be messed up for that long after epoxy/glue.

Crazy. I'd just leave the gate wide open for a while I guess.

Crazy. I'd just leave the gate wide open for a while I guess.

I would turn it completely off IMHO, leave it for a day or so, then try again.

You running any carbon or Purigen?

I've had it completely off since it started overflowing constantly. Last night I turned it on and am letting it run.

I've had it completely off since it started overflowing constantly. Last night I turned it on and am letting it run.

I am not exaggerating when I say when I overdid it at the start of my tank it took all of a couple weeks of the skimmer being off. Also on the off chance its not that have you tried blowing really hard into the airline?

I am not exaggerating when I say when I overdid it at the start of my tank it took all of a couple weeks of the skimmer being off. Also on the off chance its not that have you tried blowing really hard into the airline?

Yea, tried the airline. Leaving tomorrow and won't be home again until 12/3, will leave the skimmer off till then and then do a big water change when I am back and hopefully everything is good by then.

My wife will only be gone 11/22-30, so hopefully the fish won't starve for 7 days.

Yea, tried the airline. Leaving tomorrow and won't be home again until 12/3, will leave the skimmer off till then and then do a big water change when I am back and hopefully everything is good by then.

My wife will only be gone 11/22-30, so hopefully the fish won't starve for 7 days.

does your skimmer cup have hole to where you can run a line to a bucket? I think i remember running a line to a bucket and just letting the skimmer run until it quit acting up at the end of that 2 weeks and just replaced what was pushed out with new water.

does your skimmer cup have hole to where you can run a line to a bucket? I think i remember running a line to a bucket and just letting the skimmer run until it quit acting up at the end of that 2 weeks and just replaced what was pushed out with new water.

I feel like at the rate it overflows, a 5 gallon bucket wouldn't last more than a couple hours lol

Archived