Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
michaelrzachmann

Nice light, your 18" cube is one of my favorite tanks i have come across on this site. Love the clean minimalistic look with all the open water

it looks bright as hell!

as all of days leds are lol

It is quite bright. I love it

Nice light, your 18" cube is one of my favorite tanks i have come across on this site. Love the clean minimalistic look with all the open water

Thank you! I think that was my best tank to date, plus it ran only off a AC50 HOB, super low maintenance. I think this tank will top it though :)

Light looks slick. I wish I could fit one of those on my tank. Just don't go throwing that one out!

...that was you right?

Glad to see this tank coming together.

Light looks slick. I wish I could fit one of those on my tank. Just don't go throwing that one out!

...that was you right?

Glad to see this tank coming together.

Haha. I ended up finding the light.

• 1 month later...

So I have been battling some diatoms on the sand for 2 months now, and can't seem to get rid of it. Last time the tank looked good was April 3rd.

I usually do a 15 gallon water change every 1.5-2 weeks and barely feed the two clown fish. I've done a couple black 3-4 day blackouts too.

Any ideas? Just the rock leaching out some phosphates and will go away soon? This is the first time I've experienced this for such a long period of time.

Arkayology

Your tank is looking fantastic!

So I have been battling some diatoms on the sand for 2 months now, and can't seem to get rid of it. Last time the tank looked good was April 3rd.

I usually do a 15 gallon water change every 1.5-2 weeks and barely feed the two clown fish. I've done a couple black 3-4 day blackouts too.

Any ideas? Just the rock leaching out some phosphates and will go away soon? This is the first time I've experienced this for such a long period of time.

I would wait it out. Your tank will find some balance sooner or later. What are your nitrates and phosphates at?

GFO? not sure if you have already tried this or are already running it.

Your tank is looking fantastic!

I would wait it out. Your tank will find some balance sooner or later. What are your nitrates and phosphates at?

I honestly don't test my water. I've always figured that the solution to 90% of problems is a water change in nano tanks. So by sticking to a consistent schedule of 15 gallon water changes every 1-1.5 weeks, should keep things in check.

GFO? not sure if you have already tried this or are already running it.

I'm just running chemipure blue

I honestly don't test my water. I've always figured that the solution to 90% of problems is a water change in nano tanks. So by sticking to a consistent schedule of 15 gallon water changes every 1-1.5 weeks, should keep things in check.

I'm just running chemipure blue

I had a similar problem when I had an outbreak of cyano. I was also running a passive bag of chemipure blue, but it didn't work well for me. I replaced it with a small reactor of GFO and the tank cleaned up quick. Now, I have it off because it was starting to get too clean, so I can just run it periodically when I see things starting to dirty up again. Just another option worth considering.

• 2 weeks later...

Hybrid blue

44098454-6383-4C5D-A90D-E51B403B71C8_zps

This Lebron game has me in tears. Poor guy. Put curry on the cav's and they get swept, and put Lebron on the Warriors and they sweep the cav's.

Like I said before they went into the finals. If we were full they wouldn't have a chance against us. Plain and simple

It would have been a sweep. The fact this went 6 is pretty sad. Thank god I'm going on vacation tomorrow and won't have to hear all these golden state fans at work lol

It would have been a sweep. The fact this went 6 is pretty sad. Thank god I'm going on vacation tomorrow and won't have to hear all these golden state fans at work lol

Haha no doubt man. You guys should come out here for a game next year. Ton of cool stuff to do out here

• 2 weeks later...

Came back from 10 day vacation and the return pump was running dry. I have no idea how this happened as the ATO container had plenty of water. I don't think it was running dry for too long, as the water level in the display was just below the MAME drain.

Did my east bay LFS loop today. San Mateo bridge to aquatic collection, to California reef co, to Neptune aquatics and then back home up the peninsula. I got 3 longspine cardinal fish and a giant plate.

Neptunes has nicer planted tanks than the ada store.

79B56858-A3B5-4619-BE82-C2F3AB469E79_zps

My favorite

51D63E29-C30C-4543-B6B1-B9DAFF52B39A_zps

Is the giant plate from Aquatic Collection? They've been getting those in lately and charging really reasonable prices. Super awesome piece!

Archived