Coral Vue Hydros

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

I feel like at the rate it overflows, a 5 gallon bucket wouldn't last more than a couple hours lol

yeh I thought mine would too but it quit after like 1 gallon

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man. Maybe this will help the skimmer trouble.

I had a buddy whose skimmer was doing the same ish. He pulled it out, gave it a deep cleaning and vinegar bath. All was good after that. Don't know if you tried it already, but figured I would post up the info. Good luck.

Hey man. Maybe this will help the skimmer trouble.

I had a buddy whose skimmer was doing the same ish. He pulled it out, gave it a deep cleaning and vinegar bath. All was good after that. Don't know if you tried it already, but figured I would post up the info. Good luck.

Idk. I bought it brand new. Don't think it's really had a chance to get too dirty

Idk. I bought it brand new. Don't think it's really had a chance to get too dirty

Vinegar/water baths are especially useful for brand new skimmers. Some come coated in manufacturing oils, etc. Not saying that's what's causing your overflowing problem, but it's worth a try if that large water change doesn't work.

Yea. It's not really about the skimmer getting dirty. Something from the epoxy or glue could have coated the inside of the skimmer and pump. That's why a vinegar bath could help and get off any possible oil or crap from inside the skimmer. Just figured I would throw it out there. Goodluck.

Vinegar/water baths are especially useful for brand new skimmers. Some come coated in manufacturing oils, etc. Not saying that's what's causing your overflowing problem, but it's worth a try if that large water change doesn't work.

Yea. It's not really about the skimmer getting dirty. Something from the epoxy or glue could have coated the inside of the skimmer and pump. That's why a vinegar bath could help and get off any possible oil or crap from inside the skimmer. Just figured I would throw it out there. Goodluck.

I did a vinegar bath when I first got it, but will try again if it hasn't worked itself out when I get home in 2 weeks.

I did a vinegar bath when I first got it, but will try again if it hasn't worked itself out when I get home in 2 weeks.

Ah, if you already did it when you first got it and it looks pretty clean...I wouldn't bother. It's probably the glue for sure then... :closedeyes:

I just moved to the Bay area. You weren't joking when you said real estate prices were crazy around here.

Anyway, that's a great setup. I hadn't seen Landen tanks before, but yours is looking great. Is there a reason you chose it over an ADA or Mr. Aqua? I really like the dimensions on yours. I haven't seen an ADA or Mr. Aqua with the same dimensions (although I think ADA has a 24 x 18 x 18).

I just moved to the Bay area. You weren't joking when you said real estate prices were crazy around here.

Anyway, that's a great setup. I hadn't seen Landen tanks before, but yours is looking great. Is there a reason you chose it over an ADA or Mr. Aqua? I really like the dimensions on yours. I haven't seen an ADA or Mr. Aqua with the same dimensions (although I think ADA has a 24 x 18 x 18).

All based on dimensions. But I will say, the landen is equal to any ADA I've owned and seen (I've seen them all since ADA store is in SF)

All based on dimensions. But I will say, the landen is equal to any ADA I've owned and seen (I've seen them all since ADA store is in SF)

How's the silicone on the Landen? I know one of the things that's blown me away on ADA tanks is how clear and clean the silicone is. Also, tank is looking great!

Thinking about one of these and go back to some Zeobak dosinghttp://s3.photobucket.com/user/ObeyHK/media/C8C02C28-AE45-46CA-ADB3-13470F37C6DA_zpswbhzfddx.jpg.html'>C8C02C28-AE45-46CA-ADB3-13470F37C6DA_zpshttp://saltwater-conversion.com/products/nano-doser-1

How's the silicone on the Landen? I know one of the things that's blown me away on ADA tanks is how clear and clean the silicone is. Also, tank is looking great!
It's perfect, exactly the same as ADA. I heard they're made by the same factory.

Prep work has begrurusticicV is wall mounted, media stand taken away, speakers hung. Tank will be here this time next week

IMG_8922_zps5be54625.jpg

I know the TV looks low, but it is actually higher than what it used to be and our couch sits low.

Tank will be sitting on the left side of the wall.

I really dig this rustic, kind of distressed wood wall.

Wow! That's a nice looking tank!

He's only had it set up for like a month and a half, and still moving things around. Interested to see it again in a few months

I really dig this rustic, kind of distressed wood wall.

So did I...so did I :(

I return later tonight from being gone for 15 days. My wife was gone for 8 and hasn't seen the Midas Blenny since coming back on Sunday night :(

Hope to get the mangrove tank filled with water and sand tonight

Gahhhhh. 2 dead scoly's when I came home last night. WTF

I feel ya. I think my tank has some "bug" as my 1+ yr old Acan that has been growing forever just started to lose tissue and the heads are dying. Maybe some microbe that came in with an Acan frag? Really puzzling. Acans seem to be very hard for me to keep.

I feel ya. I think my tank has some "bug" as my 1+ yr old Acan that has been growing forever just started to lose tissue and the heads are dying. Maybe some microbe that came in with an Acan frag? Really puzzling. Acans seem to be very hard for me to keep.

All my acan's were dead too. All the hammers/torches looked good.

It was midnight and just got home from 15 days of travel, I was exhausted so didn't give the tank a good look. We will see tn

Look for acan eating worms, they reeked havoc on my tank for a few months till I found them at night.

WAIT? THOSE EXIST?

I added 2 new frags to my tank 2 days ago, and yesterday I noticed that 1 acan had been half-eaten, and another one, was pretty much down to the skeleton...

Archived