Top Shelf Aquatics

When your wife wants her own tank....Nanobox Synergy build...New Pics

Alex B

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DID SOMEONE SAY LILY PIPES?

PICTURES?!?

Thats what Im saying....show us the pipes!
WHERE ARE THE LILY PIPES?!

You guys want pipes you say???

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14586037390/'>14586037390_1bf4251232.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14586037390/'>Untitled by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/'>touchofklasse, on Flickr

Lol...I have to go to Miami tom for some work stuff...hopefully I can wrap it up quick and be back by thursday. I'll snap some pics on the way out.

lilmatty5dimes

awesome scoly. i want one so bad now. lol not a bad price for it either. tank is looking good. your one lucky man your wife is for you having a tank.

Got a little bit of everything.

Some acros for the big tank, acans so I can make a small garden in this tank, some zoas and palys, a lepto, and a couple cyphastrea.

Ok ok...let me clean the tank up tom and I'll get some pics. I haven't cleaned the acrylic since setting it up...lol...gotta get a magic eraser, I'm scared to scratch the acrylic. I didn't get the zoas in yet either. They had a little algae so I put them in the big tank. The hermits were on the job right away!

Do your hermits always terrorize all your new pieces ? I'm really contemplating taking 3 of the 4 out of my tank.. My snails do work. But te hermits just crawl all over everything !!!

My hermits are pretty good. Sure they might walk on a coral here and there, but they help a lot with algae. My big tank is a ulns and I don't feed very heavy. The hermits destroy algae in my tank. All new frags go to the sandbed for a day or 2. If any algae is present it will be gone by then! I only have 5 hermits in a 70 gallon though. I don't like keeping a lot of them though. That's when I think they do more harm then good.

lilmatty5dimes

I'll agree here. i had a few zoas frags with GHA. went to the lfs got 10 blue legs and placed the frag on the sand bed and throm the crabs right on top of it and a few days later they were all cleared. sure beats having to dip them in hydrogen peroxide. lol

Sounds like I need to grab a couple hermits. I have been getting some algae on some of my plugs, probably from WWC's somewhat high nutrient tanks. I was starting to try to figure out how to get rid of it before it is time to transfer everything over to the new tank, and H2O2 is not an option for some of the frags. So maybe 3 hermits will do the trick.....

What kind of hermits do you have Alex?

Sounds like I need to grab a couple hermits. I have been getting some algae on some of my plugs, probably from WWC's somewhat high nutrient tanks. I was starting to try to figure out how to get rid of it before it is time to transfer everything over to the new tank, and H2O2 is not an option for some of the frags. So maybe 3 hermits will do the trick.....

Come take my hermits,I have 3 huge bastards you can have fo FREE !!!

I have regular old blue hermits. I think the trick is keeping only a couple. I have like 5 for my 70 gallon. They don't have to compete for food, or shells. I have some spare shells hidden behind a rock. I also only keep them for so long. I noticed as they get bigger, the chance for them to go "rouge" increases.

Wow great build so far. Love the rockscape.

Thanks!

Must see more photos! This is a gorgeous tank!

On the way!

Archived