Cultivated Reef

When your wife wants her own tank....Nanobox Synergy build...New Pics

Alex B

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome on so many levels! :D

Thanks Rog. Going to my buddies now to pick up some goodies! He is the man with lps. Can't wait!

I gotta figure out a fish in here too. Maybe a trimma goby? My wife wants to do a all shrimp tank.

So I've been looking up fish. I like a lot of gobies. Especially the Catalina goby, but it prefers colder water. Don't know how it would do in this tank. The tank being bare bottom also cuts some of the goby list down.

His about this guy? I think he's cool, and I love yellow fish.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14422113060/'>14422113060_4c5dc8dd78.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14422113060/'>Untitled by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/'>touchofklasse, on Flickr

Awesome shroom garden

Thank you! Rics are my fav of all the softies...love them

Damn! Once the lily pipes come in, this tank is gonna be da boooooomb (not that it already isn't).

Thanks! I can't wait for the lily pipes. Hope they fit...finding the right ones was a pain.

Man that was fast and filled up quick. Looking clean and awesome. Great job!

Thank you! I kind of cheated...lol..I used rock from my sump, so I skipped a cycle. I also had a ton of rics in my other tank, so I just stole some ;)

I do love how full it looks. That's the beauty of picos!

i have to agree

Thanks Jr!

Wow Nice look to the tank!

Thanks!

Really diggin it, but you gatta thin the rics and move in some LPS!

Thanks! My wife wanted them. I think there is still enough room for lps. We plan to do a acan garden, and a scoly. Also some cyphastrea and chalices. The rics will prob end up in a corner or towards the back once the lily pipes come in. Gotta figure out what other color torch we want. Something that doesn't clash with the gold torch since it will be right next to it.

pismo_reefer

His about this guy? I think he's cool, and I love yellow fish.

I had a Yellow Striped Cardinal in my 14g Paludarium.

Great little fish... Soooooooper skittesh, tho.

They hide all day long.

Also, they love to be cleaned by Cleaner Shrimp.

I'd almost say, that they gain confidence by having the shrimp around.

Nanofreak79

What a sweet little tank. I'm also doing the nano 90 contest. Gonna be hard to fill up a tank with only $500.00. Yours is looking vedy nize.

Rics hate me. Yumas like me. Strange critters. Did you blow most of your budget on the shrooms?

That sucks. I couldn't kill a ric even if I tried I think. I find new ones all the time! I actually didn't blow much on the rics. They are dirt cheap down here. Got 18 rics for 127.00! I actually bought them from a vendor so technically I can discount 50% off that. Do you know if we are supposed to post pictures of receipts or anything? I'm making sure to keep all my receipts

I had a Yellow Striped Cardinal in my 14g Paludarium.

Great little fish... Soooooooper skittesh, tho.

They hide all day long.

Also, they love to be cleaned by Cleaner Shrimp.

I'd almost say, that they gain confidence by having the shrimp around.

Cool! I'm going to look into them some more. Choices are limited with such a small tank.
What a sweet little tank. I'm also doing the nano 90 contest. Gonna be hard to fill up a tank with only $500.00. Yours is looking vedy nize.
good luck NF. BTW I sent and email with some questions to Your pony vendor Jason. Told him you vouched for his biz.

That sucks. I couldn't kill a ric even if I tried I think. I find new ones all the time! I actually didn't blow much on the rics. They are dirt cheap down here. Got 18 rics for 127.00! I actually bought them from a vendor so technically I can discount 50% off that. Do you know if we are supposed to post pictures of receipts or anything? I'm making sure to keep all my receipts

Yeah hang on to your receipts. Not sure how they intend to verify purchases for every contestant, the previous years competition threads might show how but meh, who is going to read all that.

good luck NF. BTW I sent and email with some questions to Your pony vendor Jason. Told him you vouched for his biz.

Yeah hang on to your receipts. Not sure how they intend to verify purchases for every contestant, the previous years competition threads might show how but meh, who is going to read all that.

Yea. This is supposed to be fun! I hate to think people would try to cheat and get all crazy with it, but u know how it is. 500.00 isn't much in this hobby! I think the people with smaller tanks like us will be able to do more. It's a lot easier to fill a 5 gallon tank. I'm going to send them a pm with my receipts today so that I'm covered. I'm a little over $200 in and I think the tanks looking ok. Hopefully with the rest of the money I can finish filling it up.

srsly stop. like just stop. ps. I think rics would love a pederson's anemone skrimp :D

Rics hate me. Yumas like me. Strange critters. Did you blow most of your budget on the shrooms?

OMG LITERALLY SAME! the struggle....

srsly stop. like just stop. ps. I think rics would love a pederson's anemone skrimp :D

OMG LITERALLY SAME! the struggle....

Funny you say that! That is already on the list! I love them. Hope he host the rics! That would be the bomb.

I'm thinking there is defintely room in both the budget and the tank for a bada$$ scoly!

On the list also! Gotta find a nice one on the cheap. Don't want to spend more than $100 on it. They had some bad ass war paints at topshelf.

Funny you say that! That is already on the list! I love them. Hope he host the rics! That would be the bomb. On the list also! Gotta find a nice one on the cheap. Don't want to spend more than $100 on it. They had some bad ass war paints at topshelf.

Topshelf was exactly what I was gonna recommend. While they might not have quite the amazing selection as WWC, they have great prices on mid-high grade livestock.

Archived