SaltCritters.com

When your wife wants her own tank....Nanobox Synergy build...New Pics

Alex B

lilmatty5dimes

good luck with the contest. i'm sure your in the top. i absolutely love that torch. i can't find anyone over here with one. sucks lol

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good luck with the contest. i'm sure your in the top. i absolutely love that torch. i can't find anyone over here with one. sucks lol

You need to make a trip to Top Shelf. I have noticed you saying that you are looking for certain types of coral that you can't find out in the Cocoa area. Almost always, they have been types that I know Top Shelf usually carries on a regular basis. I think it would be worth a drive for you.

lilmatty5dimes

You need to make a trip to Top Shelf. I have noticed you saying that you are looking for certain types of coral that you can't find out in the Cocoa area. Almost always, they have been types that I know Top Shelf usually carries on a regular basis. I think it would be worth a drive for you.

dang i do indeed need to make a drive over there. unfortunately i'm selling the nuvo 16 now and moving stuff over to a modified cad light 12g to house my clowns for the time being once it cycles. have some major repairs to the house o need to gather money for. maybe in a month or so when i have the 12 up and running

Agred with this, I have a 3-4 inch Frogspawn in my tank that I got for free, really wish I had a nice golden torch instead.

Thanks guys!!

I love my aussi gold torch!! You can find the more common long polyp gold torch in a couple stores around here from time to time. The one I have seems to be a little harder to find. I looked for a while till I found one. The colors seem to be a lot nicer on the ones that have shorter polyps. The gold on mine is intense!!

Starting to get a little hair algae. What would you guys run in the canister? Gfo, rowaphos??

I'm running only carbon now. Does the new chemipure blue help with phosphates and nitrates??

Starting to get a little hair algae. What would you guys run in the canister? Gfo, rowaphos?? I'm running only carbon now. Does the new chemipure blue help with phosphates and nitrates??

I've had a ton of success with ChemiPure Blue. I generally have undetectable nitrates in the tank, but as soon as I stopped running it I started having algae problems and the water column was noticeably more cloudy. So, from that perspective, it seems to remove phosphates and purify the water really well for me. As a bonus it's only $12 on Amazon Prime with free two day shipping :D .

Starting to get a little hair algae. What would you guys run in the canister? Gfo, rowaphos?? I'm running only carbon now. Does the new chemipure blue help with phosphates and nitrates??

I'd probably add GFO/phosguard. MatrixCarbon and Phosguard are keeping everything but the motherfracking caulerpa totally out of sight in my tank. It takes maybe four or five days for noticeable film algae to develop, too. And my quarantine has a really slow canister filter where for all the ammonia I add to the tank, I never see nitrates (it's got stock biomedia, the equivalent of rubble or Matrix or whatever). I have yet to use that tank, though, so it's tempting to turn it into a display instead of quarantine. I guess I'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some stuff at coralcon for the little tank. My buddy hooked my wife up with this plate since I was helping him out for the show.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/15608297586/'>15608297586_7932e74020_o.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/15608297586/'>DSC_0195 by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/'>touchofklasse, on Flickr

I got this Acan from the topshelf guys. Hoping it stays like this. They also had it under leds!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/15011835043/'>15011835043_744d6cddd9_o.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/15011835043/'>DSC_0194 by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/'>touchofklasse, on Flickr

Awesome pieces man. Just make sure to keep the Acan from under SUPER strong light,they will fade out on you.

Yea. They should find in the little tank. It's lps and softies, so my light isn't cranked very high, and i run it heavy on the blue. Only thing I worry about is it turning orange on me. Rainbow acans seem to do best under t5. These were under a led tank so I'm hoping for the best.

Wow! That plate has awesome color!!

Thank you!

I always see this thread and think dear god why can't my wife want her own reef tank.

Lol...now if I could only get her to do the water changes

So good Alex. Take a FTS with light and I will post on FB.

-Dave

Will do Dave.

Damn Alex that plate looks even better in this pic than the one you texted me.

Thanks man. Other pic was cellphone. I like the little plate! its got 3 babies on it. I'll seperate then this week sometime. Little coral is going to be a money maker lol

It should do fine. I think their lights have Bridgelux leds,and when I stuck it under my luxeons,it lost all its rainbow colors. But in less light they're starting to come back.

Thanks man. Other pic was cellphone. I like the little plate! its got 3 babies on it. I'll seperate then this week sometime. Little coral is going to be a money maker lol

Cool! I noticed the babies on the cell phone shot you sent me. So it will just pop off new babies like that? Do other plates multiply differently?

The reason I ask is I just noticed the other day that my plate looks like it now has a second mouth. Is it possible it is getting ready to split?

BABIES?!?! Luckyyyyyyyy...

Cool! I noticed the babies on the cell phone shot you sent me. So it will just pop off new babies like that? Do other plates multiply differently?

The reason I ask is I just noticed the other day that my plate looks like it now has a second mouth. Is it possible it is getting ready to split?

They can do both. They can pop out babies, or split. I have also recieved them on plugs, when I pop the plate off the plug I leave the plug in the aquarium. The leftover tossue and skeleton also turns into another plate. Pretty cool corals.

They can do both. They can pop out babies, or split. I have also recieved them on plugs, when I pop the plate off the plug I leave the plug in the aquarium. The leftover tossue and skeleton also turns into another plate. Pretty cool corals.

COOL! That's what I figured. Good to know. Maybe I'll have a baby plate to sell soon.

Archived