Pod Your Reef

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

I get one bubble algae every couple of months. I slice it off carefully inside the tank, it floats to the surface and i net it.

I blast the zoas with the pipette often to look for trouble. So maybe that is why I catch the BA rather quickly and before it spreads.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get one bubble algae every couple of months. I slice it off carefully inside the tank, it floats to the surface and i net it.

I blast the zoas with the pipette often to look for trouble. So maybe that is why I catch the BA rather quickly and before it spreads.

I'll save some for you

;)

That to me is a huge design flaw. 24/7 light if all you have are some odds and ends in there?

Agreed. I have a tank sitter so I'm good but I would be unhappy if I didn't. Worst case I could put a clamp on desk LED light I have on a regular wall timer.

I had a 1.5 gallon "betta" tank that was that way. hated it because I am lazy and do not like to turn light on and off.

Wow, no separate pump and light cords? That is a design flaw.
It is.

So you have to manually turn the light off?
Yup. It has a remote which is nifty so why doesn't it have separated cords.
NorthGaHillbilly

I havent been in a while, hope to go again soon. Ive gone several times, Its really great, tho the lay out leads to chaos compared to the directed flow of the Tenn Aquarium.

I was out for dinner and left my iPad in the hotel. Came back to a message from my nephew 'the little tank looks whitish like it's dirty'. I'm hoping it is just a bacterial bloom. But one of the nudis had gotten stuck in this little hole thingee that is on the back wall. I tried to pull it out but it was suctioned in there like crazy, it may have ripped. I left it alone but could it have died? Inked? Or ammonia resulted? :(

Seeing nekkid cheesecake just doesn't do it for me. I need to have it. :huh:

Oops wrong thread

I was out for dinner and left my iPad in the hotel. Came back to a message from my nephew 'the little tank looks whitish like it's dirty'. I'm hoping it is just a bacterial bloom. But one of the nudis had gotten stuck in this little hole thingee that is on the back wall. I tried to pull it out but it was suctioned in there like crazy, it may have ripped. I left it alone but could it have died? Inked? Or ammonia resulted? :(

Seeing nekkid cheesecake just doesn't do it for me. I need to have it. :huh:

Oops wrong thread

Fixed ;)

Something definitely happened in the tank while I was away. Stuff is pissed off and there is a film on the glass. I'm hoping when the lights come on, the corals will open. The frags were in there temporarily for the slugs to clean up and it would be stupid if after battling through bryopsis, they died die to something else entirely. Will test parameters today too.

Couldn't figure out how to upload the images from the ipad. Upload to cloud, air, drop box, download to desktop, up to picasa. BS. So I just clicked the screen with my phone. Deal with it.

The 9 year old tank sitter sent these pics. The hazy water. I've removed the frags to the RSM and this tank just has water and dirt. Going to re-start it over the weekend. I'm actually excited about it.

20140610_203404.jpg

20140610_203431.jpg

Hey Hey. Tank got refreshed and re-started this past weekend. I also entered it in a competition on another forum. So right now it has a few bored snails. I'm hoping that this week I will be able to add in some scape-type stuff.

Archived