Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

All corals are.

Right, I know, but are xenia more susceptible to higher temps than others? Maybe that's why my xenia and blue sympodium are always in right now - the tank temp is higher than it used to be...

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you decided what you are doing for the leaves yet? Definitely my blue ochtodes idea right ;)

:ninja:

okay okay. First I'm hopeful that the stag skeleton from Zeph will work out. The current branches are a mix of birdsnest from Benny and ponape from Zeph which I will still use to make the tree un-spooky. ha ha.

My preference for the leaves is still blue clove polyps and I have 2 more sources before I give up on the idea.

If the BCP does not work out, I'm considering little bunches of micro zoas.

I have sent an email to John Maloney to see if he can get me some pink cotton candy algae. This will work also as the poodle tree.

cottoncandyalgae.JPG

In the meantime, I have put a piece of blue ochtodes in the tank. The lighting is poor so I'm observing if it can survive or not. With the pink cotton candy, it is invasive and considered a pest so I'm pretty sure it will survive.

TheKleinReef

:ninja:

okay okay. First I'm hopeful that the stag skeleton from Zeph will work out. The current branches are a mix of birdsnest from Benny and ponape from Zeph which I will still use to make the tree un-spooky. ha ha.

My preference for the leaves is still blue clove polyps and I have 2 more sources before I give up on the idea.

If the BCP does not work out, I'm considering little bunches of micro zoas.

I have sent an email to John Maloney to see if he can get me some pink cotton candy algae. This will work also as the poodle tree.

cottoncandyalgae.JPG

In the meantime, I have put a piece of blue ochtodes in the tank. The lighting is poor so I'm observing if it can survive or not. With the pink cotton candy, it is invasive and considered a pest so I'm pretty sure it will survive.

i think i have this growing in my overflow box.... its a tad darker though

DRLOVEtoreef

well, if I was brave I would ship you the pink cotton candy algae growing in my fuge ... I just have never really shipped anything ... I pull that crap out and throw it in the yard every 3-4 weeks ... :(

well, if I was brave I would ship you the pink cotton candy algae growing in my fuge ... I just have never really shipped anything ... I pull that crap out and throw it in the yard every 3-4 weeks ... :(

Algae is easy to ship! I have thrown that stuff in a plastic bag with just a wet paper towel in a envelop and it shipped just fine.

I have a purple version of the cotton candy. Some of it showed up as a hitchhiker on a Astrea snail shell and suddenly went wild. Two mexican turbos went to town on it. So now you just see tiny little pieces inside the rock crevices. Once it gets long enough to be reachable - the turbos mow it down. Nice balance

Tank is coming along. I'm trying out the potted Xenia, so far it's not doing anything for me.

This weekend the tree gets a makeover.

20140714_161338.jpg

Top down. I'm pretty sure I have about 4 varieties of GSP in there.

20140713_105954.jpg

Evap is a biatch in this little tank! Probably because I have a PC light on it with the hood cracked open. Placed an order for a strip of EcoPico light in blue. Hope that works out.

I love dwarf sea horses

Tank looks great kat

Thanks Doc. I was considering a pair of dwarf ponies in this tank. Yellow. :wub: but the water quality issue stopped me. And I travel making the daily live BBS hatching and feeding something that won't get done.

Dr.Brain Coral

The daily feeding thing is what stopped me from getting a dwarf tank. pls hatching bbs is a pain I have heard

Archived