Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

I have 2 jars of some of the better grade brine eggs from brine shrimp direct. They even hatch in a cup of salt water without air or light. The cheaper they are, the hatch rate is lower and the egg husks are very thick. Not that you would feed the ponies the husks but in my big tank i don't worry about only getting the BBS, some egg shells are perfectly okay.

Also the species of BBS I get are the smaller strain. Maybe that has something to do with the egg shell thickness also.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cameron6796

Yeah hatching is easy, but catching, cleaning and feeding is harder and needs daily attention, plus you can make more permanent cultures so it's more worth while.

What the tree trunk made of

I installed an ecopico blue strip in the tank today. I'm also trying out a pot of Xenia. So far I'm not sure if I will keep them. I also threw in a couple of zoa frags. So far the zoas are not happy because of the stock lighting. Maybe this ecopico light will help.

FTS July 15, 2014

DSCF2935edit.jpg

I feel a petulant moment coming on. :furious:

The cubey is in serious need of better filtration, flow and light. I've begun making non invasive mods to the tank. Starting with the addition of the eco-pico strip. Been searching for a return pump that is more powerful than the one in it right now and I think I might have found it.

As for flow in the tank, no powerhead is small enough for the display so JBB suggested using the smallest return pumps available like the Tunze to use as the powerhead. I had a couple of fountain pumps and such sitting around so I installed one of those. Wow iHOLY DETRITUS AND SCHMUTZ KATWOMAN. My cat was looking at it and did one of these

Ryan-2-28.jpg

So the flow problem has been solved. But now there is this ugly ass pump staring at me saying made in China.

FML

20140716_183538.jpg

Islandoftiki

So the flow problem has been solved. But now there is this ugly ass pump staring at me saying made in China.

Make a little label for it that looks like a little sign made of wood or parchment and have something written on it like "Beach --->". Or maybe Peace, Love or some sappy new age crap like that.

I'm using the Tunze mini universal pump in my little display and it is very quiet, works well. Not sure how the size compares with the Chinese one you have but the Tunze was the smallest thing I could find.

Pry the label sticker off, at least then it won't say made in China lol.

Tank is looking awesome, so creative. Love the GSP lawn, always thought that was a great idea.

You're lucky I didn't steal the nudi and a couple of the clams.

You could have walked away with the entire room and I wouldn't have noticed. I couldn't take my eyes off the two angels you brought with you.

Archived