Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shipping some of the blue clove polyps from my 25 gallon tank to Kat tomorrow, so now she'll have two different corals/nems from my tanks. :)

I guess my little majano's are relatives of your tank too :lol:

Hope they make it! Cloves are poor shippers :furious: The ones envy sent me made it just fine though :huh:

I can vouch for the poor shipment. G2E's blue cloves made it here just fine. Melted the next day.

beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

Hey Kat, do you want some aiptasia?

OMG NO!!

Islandoftiki

For what it's worth, I have a rock with some blue clove polyps in a bucket in the basement that I took out of the 25 gallon tank and the salinity is all whacked out and there is no lighting on that bucket. They have been in the worst conditions possible for a week and a half and are still alive.

For what it's worth, I have a rock with some blue clove polyps in a bucket in the basement that I took out of the 25 gallon tank and the salinity is all whacked out and there is no lighting on that tank. They have been in the worst conditions possible for a week and a half and are still alive.

Then it can't be my tank. I mean the GSP is waving about all pleased with itself.

For what it's worth, I have a rock with some blue clove polyps in a bucket in the basement that I took out of the 25 gallon tank and the salinity is all whacked out and there is no lighting on that tank. They have been in the worst conditions possible for a week and a half and are still alive.

Yeah I cant kill them at all lol except when shipped! I just figured they were like xenia or something and maybe sensitive to high temps. Xenia is a poor shipper too.

So I have Tiki's majanos by way of Texas? They totally NEEDED to be in a wagon, you know to move 'em around state to state. :lol:

:) It's such a little tank that whatever I find has to be the right fit, the room for a re-do is zero. I've been looking for micro zoas, I have a few, and I'll try them out in pots. But can't have too many pots. HOWEVER! I might possibly start my own signature potted zoa line. :haha:

I forgot I had shipped him some a few years back when I lived in Florida :lol: with some xenia that didn't make it :(

I originally got these pink tips mixed in with some chaeto, I thought 2 of them were cute and really had no idea what they were back then...my azz thought they were baby RBTAS <_< and left them alone. I then moved the chaeto to the sump of a 125g I had set up and they took off, I then moved some rock outta the sump and into my 40g macroalgae tank and there is where they went cray and have been moved to Dallas. I def eould be very careful of moving rocks with them into a main display, they will pop up. I make sure when I frag stuff to check for them before selling or trading....unless you want them on purpose.

That is my mojano story.

Sux the cloves i sent ya didn't make it.

Islandoftiki

Yeah I cant kill them at all lol except when shipped! I just figured they were like xenia or something and maybe sensitive to high temps. Xenia is a poor shipper too.

Oh my god. Somebody shipped me some xenia once. I nearly had to use the bag it was shipped in as a barf bag when I opened it. Next to freshly cut live xenia, this smell was the worst thing that has ever crossed paths with my nostrils.

Thank you. This was the tank I was thinking of for the dwarf ponies. The branches make good hitching posts. :lol:

I have a box of staghorn acro skeleton branches big and small...if u want.

Nanofreak79

Awwwww.....dwarf ponies would of been nice. Whatever your doing, it looks great and love the different approach to designing the elements of the tank. It reminds me of fairy gardens, or miniature gardening.

Love the wagon Kat, looks so cool with the potted majanos.
Thanks Jase, kooky tank is kooky.

Awwwww.....dwarf ponies would of been nice. Whatever your doing, it looks great and love the different approach to designing the elements of the tank. It reminds me of fairy gardens, or miniature gardening.
Yep, a miniature garden is the idea. Still have a lot to do, mostly just wait for the GSP to encrust the bottom. I might have to find more pieces to piece together a carpet.

I'm blushing. =)
These are going to be perfect.

Archived