ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

hypostatic

I mean, you already have the phyto growing experience. I can't imagine growing bryopsis would be harder. You could probably just put it in a container on a windowsill or something

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, you already have the phyto growing experience. I can't imagine growing bryopsis would be harder. You could probably just put it in a container on a windowsill or something

it grows with abandon in the DT believe me. I just put one of the nudis in the DT. :scarry:

There isn't room for one. It's rather small, and pretty much fully enclosed. Perhaps it retains heat? I don't know coz it's summah time.

:( Okay I vote some mods :P

Never had any luck with the lettuce nudes, yours seem considerably more green than the ones I have tried. Hmmmm.

They come in several shades of green. The ones I have now are a much lighter green than the one I had before.

IMG_2582.CR2.jpg

So the greener ones are the ones that eat bryopsis, but there are several species of bryopsis, so the ones you have like the species of bryopsis you have in your tank. The ones I had were more of a grey-green and they did not eat any of the bryopsis in my tank and eventually died, possibly from starvation.

My tuxedo urchin only eats my coralline algae :(

I have learned to live with it, and pick out what I can when I can. Glad you found a solution Kat :)

Chew_Magna

You've inspired me with the nudi's. I've always liked them, and now I've placed an order at my lfs for a couple.

I'm leaving to go out of town for the rest of this week. Right now I manually turn the lights to daylight and leave the blues on for night. I was debating how to put it on timer, should I plug in an old fashioned timer or add it to one of the lights controlled by the Apex on my RSM tank.

Well.

The lights and pump on the cubey are connected by a 2 way splitter to one power supply. Putting any sort of timer will kill the pump for the same duration that the light is off.

:wacko:

I could try to find a power supply that would work to see if the 2 can be separated but I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Chew_Magna

That's weird. I've seen them in tanks with no bryopsis and they did fine on whatever grew on the glass.

Too much false info out there. I'm reading all over the place that gha is the only thing they'll eat, or they'll eat almost all algae types, and now only bryopsis. Grr. A common trend though is that they need pretty low flow and won't do well in our typical reef currents.

I'd still like to get a couple just because of how interesting they are. If they decide they don't like the gha or caulerpa or chaeto or anything else my MH should keep them alive lol.

You're right. It also could be like NanoTopia said, that the kind I have eat the kind of bryopsis I have. It's funny, I put one of them in my DT right on top of a little tuft of bryopsis and it went jay walking all over the tank. Found it on the caulerpa the next morning. After that it's been hanging on the glass waving about in the current.

It is possible that in my pico which is a controlled environment, the only algae they have had access to is the bryopsis. But last week there was a big piece of ulva thrown in and they still cleaned the frag plug.

Oh look! one of the machines decided to pose.

20140526_205154_1.jpg

apex if that is an option. same light cycle should be fine.

Can't. the 2 way splitter controls the light and filtration with one power supply.

Gonna have to get an emerald...just spotted a small clump of green bubble algae! :naughtydance:

Lol you should have seen mine.

jedimasterben

Can't. the 2 way splitter controls the light and filtration with one power supply.

Well, that's shitty.

a clump?! :scarry:

Yep...off of the base of he RPE's I got some time ago. Dipped and inspected, but did not see anything at the time. The two heads have grown to about 15 in the last two months, but are not shading it enough.

Now that I am feeding more aggressively, i think balancing feeding with other control mechanisms is in order.

Archived