inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all the whiskey we've shared, you've never sent me nudes :(

I ummm ... You...

Yeah I don't even know how to respond to that.

surgicalsense

Hola! ..... I peek in on everyone every so often.

New little JBJ will be fun, are you going to keep in along side the RedSea?

Mmmm.... Kat's Nudi's.... :D
:slap:

Hola! ..... I peek in on everyone every so often. New little JBJ will be fun, are you going to keep in along side the RedSea?
Hey hey!! Good to see you. The tank is actually for my niece and nephew's room. Although I'm not sure they have the room for it. Once it is ready I'll think about a more permanent spot for it. Maybe my room.

Wow, you don't need no stinkin rabbitfish lol
:) it is a controlled environment though. No predators, no fuelling MP10s to wrestle with. I'm hesitate to put them in the DT where I have patches of bryopsis here and there on the rocks. Wonder how long they can survive without eating because by the time it crawls the whole tank looking for food it might take a whole year or something

Do they? You have bryopsis? I don't mind giving a small tuxedo a try if that is the case.

Ya it showed up in a frag tank and was growing all over the back wall. I put a tuxedo in yesterday and he mowed 90% down in 1 day. I assumed they didn't because it seemed like too simple of a solution.

FTS! It doesn't look like much but here is what is going on:

I've got ulva and halemenia for macros. They ferris wheel all day, it's cute. The bits of different greens you see are all GSP. Some bits are still pissed after the package was delayed by 1 day by the mailman. But others are getting happier by the day. The bottom is bare and covered with detritus which is not easy to get out of this tank due to inadequate filtration. Other than that I have various frags with bryopsis strewn about that the Nudibranches are feasting on. There is even some Xenia growing on the magnet cleaner. :lol: For CUC I have one small nerite snail but 5-6 virgin nerites, also 2 florida ceriths. Virgin Nerites are very small, have beautiful designed unique shells and are great little cleaning machines for diatoms and film algae. I might put in a micro hermit if I can find one in the DT.

20140525_171752.jpg

This is still the early stages, my scape has not been completed. So this tank will change dramatically soon.

I have a couple of those in stock! There is no place to thread the cord through. Overflow has cut out instead of comb/teeth, and there is no groove to thread cords through. Further there is no opening the cord could come out of to be plugged in. I could have the pump while doing a water change. Today I just siphoned the detritus up with my flatworm siphon.

I have a couple of those in stock! There is no place to thread the cord through. Overflow has cut out instead of comb/teeth, and there is no groove to thread cords through. Further there is no opening the cord could come out of to be plugged in. I could have the pump while doing a water change. Today I just siphoned the detritus up with my flatworm siphon.

Are you sure it cant fit over it? Usually there is a space between the back chambers and the top. Then thread it out wherever the heater cord, ect fits out. Otherwise perhaps adding a very small notch in the hood?

hypostatic

Hmm you know, it kinda makes sense that they only really eat bryopsis and not other algaes really. Cuz that's how most (all?) nudis are -- they only eat one thing.

:) it is a controlled environment though. No predators, no fuelling MP10s to wrestle with. I'm hesitate to put them in the DT where I have patches of bryopsis here and there on the rocks. Wonder how long they can survive without eating because by the time it crawls the whole tank looking for food it might take a whole year or something

Maybe you could do some sort of bryopsis cultivation? Get a tank/container and put some bryopsis and plugs/rocks in it, add some food/fertilier for the bryopsis to bloom, and then just put a plug in the main tank whenever the nudis run out of food

:wacko: Where does the heater cord go?

There isn't room for one. It's rather small, and pretty much fully enclosed. Perhaps it retains heat? I don't know coz it's summah time.

Maybe you could do some sort of bryopsis cultivation? Get a tank/container and put some bryopsis and plugs/rocks in it, add some food/fertilier for the bryopsis to bloom, and then just put a plug in the main tank whenever the nudis run out of food

This could be the grand plan!

Archived