Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Return pump upgraded to 80gph. Stock pump is rated for 55gph but I put it as a powerhead and it is weaker than the 47gph that is still in there. Maybe it needs a good cleaning, I'll have to check.

Had to do the boiling water fitting for the new pump with the existing tubing. I even ordered new tubing but it was the same tight fit as the stock tube.

I stirred up some crap and the filtration is much improved! So happy about that. I am reviewing this tank for Marine Depot and my review is pretty much ready. I have some upgraded lights to install Monday and then it should be finished.

In other news, I am still cursed when it comes to Blue Clove Polyps. Island of Tiki sent me an enormous box of them, even had an ice pack. But they really really don't like shipping. I've now have 4 shipments, including an overnight shipment that did not make it. I have to find this locally somewhere.

Or it it my tank? GSP is clearly happy as a clam, the macros are at the very top and haven't died. I had zoa frags also at the top for the lettuce nudibranchs and they didn't die either. They were in there several weeks. :huh:

Everything in this tank now depends on what happens on this tree. My backup plan of zoanthids might have to be activated. The blue cloves would have been a stunning contrast. Blue ochtodes are more purple, not as bright as the blue cloves. Green anything is out of the question. Yellow would be wonderful and Pink a second choice.

Sigh.

In other news, I am still cursed when it comes to Blue Clove Polyps. Island of Tiki sent me an enormous box of them, even had an ice pack. But they really really don't like shipping. I've now have 4 shipments, including an overnight shipment that did not make it. I have to find this locally somewhere.

I was going to try and get some to you once I got back from Peru, but the ones that I had sprout up in my tank have melted. :( Oh well. I will keep an eye out for them and see if they return.

I was going to try and get some to you once I got back from Peru, but the ones that I had sprout up in my tank have melted. :( Oh well. I will keep an eye out for them and see if they return.

Isn't it funny Indy? You have it in your tank and want to kill it, then when someone is ready to take it off your hands, it dies. Evertime I've posted that I want to trade for or to buy blue cloves I get more PMs advising me what a pest it is than any actual leads. Then when I find actual leads the bloody things DIE on me in shipping EVERY SINGLE TIME! :angry:

Isn't it funny Indy? You have it in your tank and want to kill it, then when someone is ready to take it off your hands, it dies. Evertime I've posted that I want to trade for or to buy blue cloves I get more PMs advising me what a pest it is than any actual leads. Then when I find actual leads the bloody things DIE on me in shipping EVERY SINGLE TIME! :angry:

:( I will look around and see if I can find more. There may some some hiding still.

Islandoftiki

No don't do that, theyre going to die in shipping. :(

Wanna know what's funny? Well, probably not funny to you... A few of the leftover scraps of blue clove polyps that I sent you are sitting in a bucket of water in the basement with a heater and a powerhead and I've neglected to top off the water, so the salinity is all whacked out around 1.029 and they're still alive... with no lighting for a week. Go figure.

Did any of the other stuff survive? Mushrooms or Zoas?

Wanna know what's funny? Well, probably not funny to you... A few of the leftover scraps of blue clove polyps that I sent you are sitting in a bucket of water in the basement with a heater and a powerhead and I've neglected to top off the water, so the salinity is all whacked out around 1.029 and they're still alive... with no lighting for a week. Go figure.

Did any of the other stuff survive? Mushrooms or Zoas?

Hi Tiki, the zoas made it, they look great. The mushrooms did not. :(

:slap:

Not really. I've shipped and received a crap ton that have been great.

Maybe I'm the one who's cursed then, cause I think when I'm involved we're batting 0% for on time delivery!

But your GSP soup is still alive Papa Veng.

Hehehe, yeah most of the shippments have had something live, even the death soup that was a week late, I think there was a frag that lived from that mess.

jedimasterben

That's why my photoperiod doesn't even start until around 10:30-11AM no sense in having sunrise start at 6:30AM just so the lights will be turning off as I'm getting home.

Paandemonium

That's why my photoperiod doesn't even start until around 10:30-11AM no sense in having sunrise start at 6:30AM just so the lights will be turning off as I'm getting home.

+123456789

Im not even alive at 6:30 maybeeee by 11 I've had my coffee and am willing to acknowledge the world and my tank

I thought you shared an article with me that suggested the zooxanthellea in corals start and finish their job in the first 8 hours of receiving light. The room is bright and given that it is still summertime, the tank starts to naturally wake up rather early instead of waiting for me.

Archived