Cultivated Reef

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:wub:

Etsy is where I got most of my stuff. And those little things will make their way into the storyline at some point. :)

Awww yea, Etsy would be perfect for that kind of thing.

The story must continue :lol:

Cameron6796

Omg get the bird bath and fill it with white silicone and texture it. It can be like sponge bob, where they have running water... Underwater.

So looking at that picture it got me thinking, how do you plan to keep the GSP from eating the wagon and your flower pots?

I put the wagon on the GSP just last night, to give the GSP a chance to cover the bald spot in the front, previously the wagon was where the 3 pots are now. I'm going to move the wagon around so that the GSP doesn't grab it. Same with the pots.

I'm not sure the GSP suddenly sprouts new flesh in the middle of the colony, I always thought it spread from the sides?

I was wondering if a little sandy spot might be good for contrast, the wagon could sit on that. The sand would provide a little relief from the GSP. What do you think?

dscn1086.jpg

miniature-garden-2-25.jpg

It normally grows from the edges, correct. If you covered a spot in the center, you might kill a small spot, and then you've got an edge for it to grow from. I have had it grow from the center when it was on a rock and it grows/launches "spouts" or "shoots" to go find something else to grow on. If it's a flat surface, it seems to just want to encrust, but I've never set anything on top of it like that. Just something to watch.

As for sand, it seems to much prefer to go anywhere other than where the sand is, but it can slowly cross sand. I'm not sure how you'd get the sand to stay in a pile without some edging or something, but it could totally look cool if you could figure out the logistics.

As for sand, it seems to much prefer to go anywhere other than where the sand is, but it can slowly cross sand. I'm not sure how you'd get the sand to stay in a pile without some edging or something, but it could totally look cool if you could figure out the logistics.

Picket fence? :lol:

The picture above was my original thought/idea for the picket fence with a little area of sand. Trouble is that the picket fence is made of wood and floats. I have to glue it/anchor it down somehow.

Finally was able to get the flow rating for the stock pump in this tank.

55 gph Stock pump

60 gph Fountain pump that is currently in display as a powerhead

74 gph Smart ATO pump

47 gph Spare small fountain pump on hand

79 gph Tunze Mini (don't have, available online)

Going to try the Smart ATO pump in here for the return, and the stock pump for the powerhead. I can use the small spare fountain pump as a second powerhead, it is rather tiny.

Staghorn branches have been spray painted with krylon fusion :happydance: Guess I'll be re-doing the tree this weekend. 20140718_162125.jpg

This the first time I've ever seen someone WANT to have brown coral, lol. Seriously, this has to be the most creative build I have ever seen. Very cool!

Islandoftiki

I hope you're ready for a metric ass-ton of blue clove polyps. The box is on it's way, I drove it up to the airport USPS office this evening! I split it up into 4 or 5 bags; it's a lot of little pieces and frags. Also, there are at least four or five of my favorite mushrooms, one implosion paly, and a small rock of radioactive dragon eye zoas. Who knows what else snuck in there. Hopefully it all survives! I can imagine all of it finding a good home in your uber creative new tank. :)

Cameron6796
you dip it in boiling water and it will slide right on

Should thought of that I've done that before

This the first time I've ever seen someone WANT to have brown coral, lol. Seriously, this has to be the most creative build I have ever seen. Very cool!

Thank you Glenn. :)

you dip it in boiling water and it will slide right on

Yup, that was the first thing I tried. Did not work.

I hope you're ready for a metric ass-ton of blue clove polyps. The box is on it's way, I drove it up to the airport USPS office this evening! I split it up into 4 or 5 bags; it's a lot of little pieces and frags. Also, there are at least four or five of my favorite mushrooms, one implosion paly, and a small rock of radioactive dragon eye zoas. Who knows what else snuck in there. Hopefully it all survives! I can imagine all of it finding a good home in your uber creative new tank. :)

:wub: You're amazing! Thank you so much.

Islandoftiki

:wub: You're amazing! Thank you so much.

You know... those of us old timers on here gotta take care of each other. That and I need to break down this tank soon, so all of the corals and livestock have to go!

Archived