Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a call from the LFS, they have a huge 2 day annual sale this weekend and wanted to make sure I come early. :rolleyes:

They have an Oshimai in stock but the kid is awfully big, about the size of a quarter. I'm still getting him for my RSM, who knows, maybe I'll put him in this pico for crabs and giggles.

This tank will get some livestock this weekend. I was thinking of inverts. Sexy shrimp is an obvious choice and I love the little bastards. Except that the tree is brown and the sexies are also a neutral color. Og well, maybe they will look like little birdies.

The GSP on the bottom looks great! I'm not sure I'm a fan of the xenia. I'd rather see more zoas that look like blooming flowers I think.

I'm with you, I don't like the GSP. The zoas would be much better except gluing a small cluster of polyps is looking unnatural.

Wouldn't bright-colored zoas look cool once they're covering branches of the tree? Oh god, you could find a little epoxy picnic bench and place it in the shade; it'd be adorable.

Wouldn't bright-colored zoas look cool once they're covering branches of the tree?

Yes! The deal is that this tank is in a contest and I would like for it to be a lush looking tree before the contest end date which is october. Zoas will take time to cover the branches (and is a great long term plan).

My patience has paid off! I finally got a hold of a rock of blue cloves from my LFS yesterday. I can't believe it. Now to figure out how to frag these things.

20140824_110217.jpg

Goldilocks

20140824_110255.jpg

Can you spot the Sexy?

20140824_110224.jpg

Careful about GSP die off under that rock if you leave it there too long. Well, that or it'll just eat the rock. Either way, it'll be interesting for sure :P

Archived