SaltCritters.com

My Rockin' Flower Garden!

FlowerMama

FlowerMama

Don't know if female or not. No way to know. Makes no difference moving them closer to each other. They just have to reach maturity. You can still have sex by yourself whether you're near a female or not!

Here are some of my males spawning.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlowerMama

I hope this spawn leaves you with some new babies. Keep us updated.

Oh, this isn't now, these were from this year though but I had to remove everything due to bad dino. Put all the flowers into my 20g & 34g and removed the sand. Just cleaned the 60g display this week so hopefully within 2 wks I'll be cycling again. I think gravel will work better than sand for the babies. I didn't see them spawn for a couple of mos now and even with this full moon, I probably missed it as they usually spawn for me in a dark tank.

ArabTanker

Oh, this isn't now, these were from this year though but I had to remove everything due to bad dino. Put all the flowers into my 20g & 34g and removed the sand. Just cleaned the 60g display this week so hopefully within 2 wks I'll be cycling again. I think gravel will work better than sand for the babies. I didn't see them spawn for a couple of mos now and even with this full moon, I probably missed it as they usually spawn for me in a dark tank.

Ah I see. Wishing you luck with getting things back to normal. Trying to decide what to do with a 12" cube I bought a few weeks ago. I've lurked in here a lot and I like what you've done with the place. I'm almost dead set on a RFA tank.

Ah I see. Wishing you luck with getting things back to normal. Trying to decide what to do with a 12" cube I bought a few weeks ago. I've lurked in here a lot and I like what you've done with the place. I'm almost dead set on a RFA tank.

Do it. I love my rfas!!

FlowerMama

Soo... did the tank get all rated R for you last night or what?

ha ha ha. I didn't see anything so they were discrete. Usually happens at night but I didn't check if anything hapd when the lights went down.

So, I've been really reluctant to fill this tank back up. I'll show you why. The tank was wet 5/19/14. When I removed the sand I saw this. I did see the section 1" above on the outside glass corner but didn't think too much of it....until I removed the sand and found more. Then I'm mad as I found a section at the bottom of the overflow, also on the left side is showing same.

When I touch it, it's flat, no bubbling. There's no air that I can feel but can someone tell me what's occurring and if you would put water back in this tank. And is it salvageable? Right now it's the bad and ugly, but can some good come out of it? It's been over a yr so I don't know what the manufacturer Deep Blue would do about it at all and my lfs said they were the worst to deal with.

20150712_001043_zpsn0ccp7q9.jpg

20150712_001051_zpsabu1qnui.jpg

Obviously I don't want to fill this thing if 6 mos from now or 2 yrs from now it's gonna explode.

At this point I'm really considering getting a 40g during the $1 gallon sale and putting the Reef Octopus 90- HOB on the back that I orig bought for the 34g and calling it done. I'm so F'n frustrated w/ this tank from the beginning with the experience w/ DB Professional and my lfs. Keeping it simple.

I can't even fathom dealing w/ DB Professional and my LFS for a 2nd round of stupidity even if they were going to try to make good, which I'm sure they won't. And what is the deal????!!!!. Between Deep Blue and Innovative Marine, doesn't anyone make a tank that won't have leaks or blowouts in the first 1.5 yrs? I don't even hear this issue going on w/ the generic run of the mill, thin glass 40g everyone gets at Petco.

I guess I feel I made my decision. I guess this would also ensure no dino since it would be a brand new tank, nothing in the piping you know as there wouldn't be any. I could use the pump which is tons quieter in my 34g. I hate to see it go but at least I can still use the stand.

I did show the pics on my local forum which the LFS is part of (and another LFS) and asked them if they could tell me their experiences w/ the issue. We'll see what they say tomorrow.

Hey Flower Mama, what makes a RFA want to walk over under a rock away from light? Too much flow perhaps? And how is it going to stay alive without light? I can't even get food to it inside the cave.

Local LFS that purchased the tank for me said Deep Blue only does 30 day warranty and while others have probably re-siliconed, I figure I don't even want to mess with it. When you're done, you're done, you know?

I'll pick up the 40 on my way home as it's across from where I work tomorrow.

Maybe it's a sign. No one nibbled on the local forum when I tried to sell my unopened Reef Oct 90 HOB skimmer and in 6 mos it'll be a yr, it's now a $1 per gallon sale, only one ATO works and it's on the 34 w/ /sump.

I'll put some macros on the side for extra nutrient export.

Hey Flower Mama, what makes a RFA want to walk over under a rock away from light? Too much flow perhaps? And how is it going to stay alive without light? I can't even get food to it inside the cave.

It could be flow or too much light maybe.

I didn't feed mine for 2 mos during the dino issue to try avoid excess nutrients so it'll be ok if it doesn't get fed.

It may or may not come out. Of all the issues I have had, I've not had one go into a cave.

Is it getting bothered by anything that it's running away?

It could be flow or too much light maybe.

I didn't feed mine for 2 mos during the dino issue to try avoid excess nutrients so it'll be ok if it doesn't get fed.

It may or may not come out. Of all the issues I have had, I've not had one go into a cave.

Is it getting bothered by anything that it's running away?

It was actually sitting right next to my huge orange nem, then it detached itself, floated about and seems to have anchored inside the cave.

I can't even fathom dealing w/ DB Professional and my LFS for a 2nd round of stupidity even if they were going to try to make good, which I'm sure they won't. And what is the deal????!!!!. Between Deep Blue and Innovative Marine, doesn't anyone make a tank that won't have leaks or blowouts in the first 1.5 yrs? I don't even hear this issue going on w/ the generic run of the mill, thin glass 40g everyone gets at Petco.

I guess I feel I made my decision. I guess this would also ensure no dino since it would be a brand new tank, nothing in the piping you know as there wouldn't be any. I could use the pump which is tons quieter in my 34g. I hate to see it go but at least I can still use the stand.

I did show the pics on my local forum which the LFS is part of (and another LFS) and asked them if they could tell me their experiences w/ the issue. We'll see what they say tomorrow.

oh man! That is so frustrating. Is there someone that could re-silicone it for you? Seems like a really nice tank.

It was actually sitting right next to my huge orange nem, then it detached itself, floated about and seems to have anchored inside the cave.

It'll probably come back out. I've had some sit months-1 yr and then decide to move, they eventually come back towards the light. I've found some face the back of the tank, only the next morning to be right side up on the top of a rock and then by evening back where it was.

oh man! That is so frustrating. Is there someone that could re-silicone it for you? Seems like a really nice tank.

I don't know. I'm so fed up anymore as it's been one bad thing after another w/ this tank. I'd still wonder about the rest of the tank. Don't feel I want to take that chance, esp w/ the dino the tank had. Less water for water changes for going up & down 14 stairs, I"ll honestly probably be better off.

So, I've been really reluctant to fill this tank back up. I'll show you why. The tank was wet 5/19/14. When I removed the sand I saw this. I did see the section 1" above on the outside glass corner but didn't think too much of it....until I removed the sand and found more. Then I'm mad as I found a section at the bottom of the overflow, also on the left side is showing same.

When I touch it, it's flat, no bubbling. There's no air that I can feel but can someone tell me what's occurring and if you would put water back in this tank. And is it salvageable? Right now it's the bad and ugly, but can some good come out of it? It's been over a yr so I don't know what the manufacturer Deep Blue would do about it at all and my lfs said they were the worst to deal with.

Obviously I don't want to fill this thing if 6 mos from now or 2 yrs from now it's gonna explode.

Geeze, how frustrating! I would be leery too about setting that up. I guess I'll add Deep Blue to my list of tanks to avoid. Cad, Deep Blue, and those IM tanks that explode :rolleyes:.

I bought a 40g at Petco today while at lunch. I'm actually excited to downgrade. I will probably keep a couple rfas in my 10 that I'm starting and my 34g if I have room, just to put the prettiest red or green ones in the 40. Sometimes you get one and it's similar to what you already had. I want to put red and green macros in it too so it's more like Gertie's tank.

If you haven't subscribed to Gert's tank. Here's the video I put up. No music, she was so busy in there. The tank is cloudy now after she was done. Like a sandstorm went through it.

Geeze, how frustrating! I would be leery too about setting that up. I guess I'll add Deep Blue to my list of tanks to avoid. Cad, Deep Blue, and those IM tanks that explode :rolleyes:.

How come no cads?

Seems like it's always the Deep Blue Professional, Cadlights (what size unsure) and Innovative Marine that I keep hearing of leaking, cracking. Maybe we need a survey who's had what do that. I don't know how to create one though. Someone else can.

How come no cads?

Ask Lawnman ;). He can tell you exactly why. I've heard so many complaints about that company that I would never buy one of their tanks.

I sent the following email to Deep Blue Professionals today.

Hi,

Roughly May 2014 my saltwater shop Mountains to Sea Aquarium in Asheville secured for me a 60g rimless from DBP. They have a contract with you.
May 2015 I took everything out of the tank due to a bad dinoflagellate issue to throw away the sand and I found the seams on the left side to be coming up.
Front left and then leading to the overflow, and then part of the overflow.
It is tan colored but my camera w/ flash made it a sickly yellow which it is not.
Can you tell me how we can resolve this? I now had to rehome all my rock flower anemones into my 20g tank w/ a mantis shrimp that is beating them up, and my 34g and the tanks are over full now. I am scared to put anything in now as I don't want a blow out.
What kind of compensation can you provide me? Money back? New tank?
Thank You.
Please see attached pics.
THEY returned the following pat reply....

Hello,

The discoloration is caused by the combination of chemicals used and/or growth in your aquarium. As far as we can tell, the discoloration in the seal is not an issue of concern, nor does it compromise the structural integrity of the aquarium. Hope this helps.

Thank you for choosing Deep Blue Professional.

DBP Customer Service

I replied....

The part that sticks above the black rim by an inch was there before there was a Chemiclean treatment this February so that's bull s##t. And it's tan, not yellow. It's not the whole tank so it's not anything that chemicals would have caused or it would have been over every seam in that case. I don't use chemicals, I don't even dose.

Interesting thing, my friend who has a shop told me he's had 2 of your tanks blow out this year. So you can't tell me there's no f#####g problem.
AFTER the experiences with just trying to get them to send the tank to the right place, send me a stand twice that doesn't go w/ said tank, and then finally getting a tank to have this happen......My life w/ DBP is over, regardless the tank size. I may not have been very professional but they outsourced my position and 20 others in my immediate group to the Philippines yesterday, and I know that their customer service is either in India or Malaysia, or somewhere and you being in another country doesn't mean you can just feed me some bull crap.

so sorry to hear about your trouble with Deep Blue. It must be frustrating. These equipments aren't cheap and you think they would do a better job with quality. I was set on a Deep Blue 34 gallon for my upgrade but now I am not sure. If I am not getting a CADLight, IM, or Deep Blue, what else is left?!?!?!

Sigh.

And I hope I didn't offend anyone if you are in one of the countries mentioned of course. Worried about where I'll be working and living 12/1 onward and I'm stressed. This area has few jobs as it's touristy and they don't care about your degree. It may get you hired and then they'll offer you the starting wage. Get a wonderfully loyal, decent, hard working person for cheap.

ha. No doubt but apartment complexes are springing up everywhere here after we've won Beer Country USA and i just found out a brand spanking new apt complex 3 miles from work with a saltwater pool mind you, want $905 for 1 bedroom, 644 sq feet and you have to pay $25 a month for trash and it depended what floor, etc. And though this complex just opened, told me the prices would be going up. Insane.

All these people coming to Arden, Asheville but where are the jobs??? Where does everyone think they'll be working? Guess they can run a business from their computer or something.

Archived