SaltCritters.com

My Rockin' Flower Garden!

FlowerMama

I took my soulmate husband at the time to Bristol as a surprise, it was my first track, then later that yr we went to Charlotte, so I just loved them both and I was hooked. Then in June I went down to Miami/Key Largo and I visited Daytona on the way back. It was fun seeing the construction they were doing and the extreme incline on that side. I still want to do a Petty Driving Experience but someone will have to drive me around as while I love speed, I probably wouldn't drive as fast as they would due to some fear, so I'd miss out. I bought my husband $50 going towards it, was going to buy a gift card every year to get the fancy one he wanted but he passed. But, that is on my bucket list this year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, looks like my 60 shallow which I've decided to sell. I cleaned it really well w/ vinegar, etc. I don't want to move it to my new home in Dec. Finally decided to just set up the 40, 20 & 10g when I move. I took on more than I could chew.

My local club is not very good though. Nobody buys tanks from other people. I'm thinking doing 400 for the whole thing, stand and tank. My total was 727.60 that I paid for the 45g peninsula & stand that didn't work out and she returned it for the 60g stand & top for the same money.

Yeah, looks like my 60 shallow which I've decided to sell. I cleaned it really well w/ vinegar, etc. I don't want to move it to my new home in Dec. Finally decided to just set up the 40, 20 & 10g when I move. I took on more than I could chew.

My local club is not very good though. Nobody buys tanks from other people. I'm thinking doing 400 for the whole thing, stand and tank. My total was 727.60 that I paid for the 45g peninsula & stand that didn't work out and she returned it for the 60g stand & top for the same money.

I hate my local club for this reason as well. Dunno if they have it out where you live but there are classified sections from our local news website that is actually a pretty decent place to unload tanks. I went to sell the 40b at the local site (Tank+Stand for $40) and got four offers undercutting my price. Put it in the classified section and got 4 offers in 4hrs. Gone that day

I was exploring a LFS here in Raleigh and saw this tank. Would make a great nem tank! Made me think of your tank.

FishRoom_zps8ppaeeni.jpg

Is this at a store in Raleigh NC? If so what store is it?

Ah, Annette I see how this was a perfect nem tank. Sad to see it going, but with the move it makes sense. If I knew my future, I'd offer to take it off your hands, but that is too up in the air for me to be able to offer right now.

Is this at a store in Raleigh NC? If so what store is it?

It was at The Fish Room location in Cary (1259B Kildaire Farm Rd). There are also locations in Raleigh and Wilmington, but I haven't adventured there yet. This was a cute little store. They have salt, fresh, and pond. The fish all looked very healthy and the tanks well maintained. The prices were higher on some things and lower on other things compared to what I'm used to. Overall though if I land permanently here, this is a place I would frequent.

I also checked out Corals 'n Critters, also on Kildaire Farm Rd in Cary. It was not a good experience; things were very poorly maintained. Will not be going back.

I'd like to visit Reef Keepers Aquarium in Clayton. They have good online reviews. Will be a little bit more of a drive. Was going to go last night, but after how heavy the rain was getting I decided to abort.

I've been to Cary, there's a location just west of Cary where there's a bald eagle sanctuary by the way. Pretty cool.

I've been to Cary, there's a location just west of Cary where there's a bald eagle sanctuary by the way. Pretty cool.

Oh, I'll have to check it out when it stops raining! I'm staying in Cary right now. :)

It was hot, summer but they apparently congregate there. Water, trees, etc. Ha! I just noticed the purple on your Frag Tank Rehab is the same purple on that gorgeous stand. OKAAAAY. I'm a little slow!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, now I recognize that tank at the fish room, It's in the back corner of the store. I've been to that location and the one in Raleigh, been to Reef Keepers also ( pricey ). Both of you should check out The Reef Farm, great place for corals and tank raised livestock, it's in Raleigh also.

Thanks, Luckily, I don't need any corals or anything right now but to find a piece of property so I can move. Even so, 4.5 hrs away is a bit to go but if/when I do need something, maybe I can find out what they have and see if they can ship in state.

Both of you should check out The Reef Farm, great place for corals and tank raised livestock, it's in Raleigh also.

If I don't go to the State Fair Sunday, I think I'll visit The Reef Farm.

Is Aquarium Outfitters worth visiting?

Have been ghost lately, still have a lot of catching up to do but I just want to call dibs on that pink acan when you decide to frag. :D

Well, it went to my aquatic friend here in my home town. I know, I had to have it go to a friend nearby so I could see it. I love it so much but w/ me moving I had to start thinking of rehoming.

If I don't go to the State Fair Sunday, I think I'll visit The Reef Farm.

Is Aquarium Outfitters worth visiting?

If your going to the Reef Farm make sure to call before you head down there. I haven't been to Outfitters in a few years, but last time I went they had some good livestock and pricing.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of retiring this thread and opening a new one since it's a different tank altogether and will look different than the shallow 60. Once I move and the new tank is up I'll start it at that point I suppose.

thecoralbeauty

I'm thinking of retiring this thread and opening a new one since it's a different tank altogether and will look different than the shallow 60. Once I move and the new tank is up I'll start it at that point I suppose.

following if you do.

so exciting with the new tank! sorry about the weird colored caulking on the other tank. (i had some catching up to do)

maybe it was a good thing you took it down to begin with- it may have exploded or done something else weird if you hadn't!

following if you do.

so exciting with the new tank! sorry about the weird colored caulking on the other tank. (i had some catching up to do)

maybe it was a good thing you took it down to begin with- it may have exploded or done something else weird if you hadn't!

Yeah, It was too worrisome for me. I love the natural look I've obtained in Gertie's tank and want to definitely have macros in the 40 along with all the flowers. Gert's beating up on another in her 20. AAARGH. I'll look forward to making a purchase from VIP Reef once all flowers are together in this 40 and I can take better stock of the colors and patterns I have. Then I can also put back the harlequin and the red sea star.

Hey Annette, any tips on getting a RFA to detach? It's buried it's foot deep in the sand and onto a rock. Thanks.

Hi Metrokat- I've taken the rock and just flipped it on it's side and/or almost upside down and sometimes it crawls down and while it's doing that you can sometimes take a butter knife and gently loosen the edges til it pops off itself.

I tried ice but mine just retracted further in.

Can't move the rock but I'll try the knife. Thank you.

Let me know if you have any luck and a picture! That's what's hard about rock flowers. They're so in demand but takes so much to get them to you, probably thus the cost.

Archived