Pod Your Reef

My Rockin' Flower Garden!

FlowerMama

Those nems are absolutely gorgeous!! I saw these from VIP and was just mesmorized. I got one too plus a couple of mushrooms. Please post pictures of them when they are acclimated in your tank.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those nems are absolutely gorgeous!! I saw these from VIP and was just mesmorized. I got one too plus a couple of mushrooms. Please post pictures of them when they are acclimated in your tank.

Did you get DSC_0008 Ultra with white stripes inside and a cameo or something? they're pretty. Of course he also had that beautiful mushroom for 8.99, it was blue w/ red rods or vice versa.

Very nice, you have some ive never seen before.

Blame it on VIPReef. ha ha.

The green, white, yellow and red one is incredible! He called it Crazy Pattern on the website.

Frank's so cruel. He knows I had purchased 5 previously and a week later he teases me with an email to show me 9 more nems. But folks, they're going up in price. Business is like never before, he has tons of wholesale orders so if you see one you like, don't wait past a day to get a few so you get free shipping.

Oh, and in my frustration at an all time high with everything I bought 3 more nems. After that I can have 4 more and I'm calling it quits (unless I sell a couple to our local group that look similar, we get together for the first time ever the last week of the month). So with that purchase I'll have 46 in this tank. It will be hard not to buy but I need room in that tank to hopefully house future growing babies once I'm done w/ this issue. I did rearrange and put another rock from my fuge into the display and put some rocks in the center so it's just not rocks on the perimeter. The 3 newest will be set on it.

DSC_0003_150__30031.1426881450.1280.1280

DSC_0009_120__72399.1426881744.1280.1280

DSC_0012_120__79835.1426881925.1280.1280

WOW, the colors are amazing!

WOW, the colors are amazing!

Yes, and the patterns too. I'll do my best to take a pic of them. Going to do it differently this time. I heard it works better. Hold it in your hand and take a pic of it closer to the light. Then when the other tank has been cleared of the cyano I'll transfer them over. What's fun is go to VIPReef.com and click on Gallery. He likes to keep pics of one's that are extra special that show new patterns or colors.

Did you get DSC_0008 Ultra with white stripes inside and a cameo or something? they're pretty. Of course he also had that beautiful mushroom for 8.99, it was blue w/ red rods or vice versa.

I got DSC 0005, along with that red and blue dot mushroom and a blue/green yuma.

Pinner Reef

Good work on beating back the cyano... I did another water change yesterday against mine, I'll have to see if it has any effect after the lights come back on. I've already run one treatment of chemiclean with no good effect but my trates and Phosphates were thru the roof at the time so the cyano won out that round. Now that those are getting back to zero I'll do another dose of chemiclean.

You ain't kidding on the prices going up, they won't even give the locals a break on them.

I wish I could walk in there and just stare at them week to week. You'd probably see tears of joy from me looking at these beauties.

I got DSC 0005, along with that red and blue dot mushroom and a blue/green yuma.

Was that the Christmas one?

Good work on beating back the cyano... I did another water change yesterday against mine, I'll have to see if it has any effect after the lights come back on. I've already run one treatment of chemiclean with no good effect but my trates and Phosphates were thru the roof at the time so the cyano won out that round. Now that those are getting back to zero I'll do another dose of chemiclean.

At least I see I'm not the only one that had to do it twice. 48 hrs was last night. I just checked and 90% of it is now gone but I also noticed I forgot to close the basement window last night and the tank is 73/74 instead of 78-80 but I just closed it so I think it'll be ok. I just roughed up the soil again. Guess I'll have to do it again. This will be the 3rd. I'll do the water change this afternoon. I figure as long as there's a speck of red/brown then it's in there still and could multiply. I wonder how many times you can do it over???

Or I wonder how inert the medicine goes if I were to leave it the rest of the week and then reapply on Thurs night if I see it did come back?

Plantedbliss

Oh, and in my frustration at an all time high with everything I bought 3 more nems. After that I can have 4 more and I'm calling it quits (unless I sell a couple to our local group that look similar, we get together for the first time ever the last week of the month). So with that purchase I'll have 46 in this tank. It will be hard not to buy but I need room in that tank to hopefully house future growing babies once I'm done w/ this issue. I did rearrange and put another rock from my fuge into the display and put some rocks in the center so it's just not rocks on the perimeter. The 3 newest will be set on it.

DSC_0003_150__30031.1426881450.1280.1280

DSC_0009_120__72399.1426881744.1280.1280

DSC_0012_120__79835.1426881925.1280.1280

Amazing! Inspiration for me to get some of these

Pinner Reef

Pretty sure the meds will stay active the entire time they're in the tank. From what I understand they're basically a form of antibacterial med. Unless you run carbon it'll just stay in there. I don't see how it would make that much of a difference either way, guess it couldn't hurt tho.

All of the times I've fought cyano there has always been a turning point in the battle, a decisive moment when you simply know the stuff is toast. I honestly didn't expect the Chemiclean to fix the problem last time because there were too many nutrients in the tank for the cyano to feed off. Dunno if it's any consolation ATM but when it's done, you'll know. :)

It's a system w/o carbon so nothing's going to pull it out except the water changes for me. I'll see how it is by this evening at like 6 and I'll do another 20% water change regardless. I just don't know if I should do a repeat again or see what happens the next couple days then decide. Did you stop once you saw nothing or did you stop even after seeing some left in there? i know that regular antibiotics for people last after they've stopped. I just don't want to overdo, or underdo.

Thanks to everyone who's answering some questions for me.

Pinner Reef

I'd say give it a day or two and watch. Like I said, you'll know when you've won. The last time for me I saw a small patch half halfheartedly bloom then fizzle away.

Thanks. I remember I was told to keep the tank simple. So that's why no carbon even but now I think I'm going to remove the sock too since I'm not going to be skimming to catch anything. I'm just going to keep the skimmer on for oxygen. And cut back on my feeding drastically.

Pinner Reef

I keep the simplest tank imaginable but still keep a reactor for carbon and phosguard on hand for just such emergencies.

My sister gave me hers but I have to clean it. She gave it to me a yr ago after she dismantled her saltwater and she couldn't get it open. One fine Spring Day I'll get it open and throw the contents over the side of the deck and into the woods. There's still water in it too. When I do decide I'll have to be very brave.

031_zps34ac40ae.jpg

Wow! Those are the nicest three flower nems i've ever seen!

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to receiving them on Tues. I'm nearing capacity here so unfortunately I will need to stop purchasing soon. These last ones I buy will have to be incredible.

Oh man, that'll smell reeeal fresh for sure. I wouldn't even open it in the house lol.

Nope, outside over the deck and hose in hand to spray it w/ the nozzle, then put it in a bucket w/ vinegar & water for daaaaaays. Then scrub it down and then back in the vinegar & water bucket for daaaaaays!!

jedimasterben

The water change step of Chemiclean treatments assume that you have no filtration (activate carbon, skimmer, UV, etc) that can break down and remove the medication and is really unnecessary.

The water change step of Chemiclean treatments assume that you have no filtration (activate carbon, skimmer, UV, etc) that can break down and remove the medication and is really unnecessary.

Well, I'll just leave it then I suppose.

Well, when the lights were off earlier, it looked 90% gone. Lights on. So, do I do a water change 20% and put the meds in or just put the meds in. It just doesn't seem to be working for me and it would be going on my 3rd treatment. I haven't fed since before the treatment and I'm not so I don't add nutrients. I don't know what to do anymore.

20150322_162632_zpsgfxwd2nt.jpg

Frank's so cruel. He knows I had purchased 5 previously and a week later he teases me with an email to show me 9 more nems. But folks, they're going up in price. Business is like never before, he has tons of wholesale orders so if you see one you like, don't wait past a day to get a few so you get free shipping.

I'm afraid what the price will be on these guys when I'm ready to buy more :).

Wish I knew the answer to your chemiclean question. I'm sure someone will have some advice for you!

Archived