Innovative Marine Aquariums

My Rockin' Flower Garden!

FlowerMama

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again?! Amazing!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Thank you for documenting. Great video!

I messed up and thought I was recording the first time and I wasn't, it was like soft whisps of smoke. By the time I keyed up the music most of it was over.

Turn off your skimmer!! :D

Oh, yeah, it was off since I found the first set of babies. I've only turned it on once for night about 3 wks ago and then last night. So I had fed Albert's magic powder and came down 2 hrs later to check and there they were spawning. So, it's cool I know of 4 males now.

Bow chica, bow wow!!!

Yeah, I know! I'm so excited. I need to buy some rotifers online. Will have to try those. Hopefully 3 mos down the line I'll have some more babies. I think someone more mamas gave birth, found some more baby pellets, haven't opened. It's hard to get these to grow my friends. I've got the spewing and the spawning down, it's just the REARING!!!

jedimasterben

Total Nutrition Powder

Doesn't give any data on what it is made of, only what it claims to contain, but of course no percentages or amounts, and the description is like it's trying to convince itself what it is saying is true :lol:

I think you'd have better luck if you collect the baby anemone pellets and put them in some kind of dish... kind of a throwback to the days of the in tank shower caddy refugium.

It'd let you pull them out and hose 'em down with food without mucking up the water in your main breeder system. Heck just lower them into a "soup" of filter feeder friendly foods mixed with drawn tank water and let em sit in there a couple times a day for 10-15 minutes.

Ps. Nothing against the illustrious Mr. Thiel, but I feed nothing I can't obtain a breakdown of ingredients for. Don't need the exact recipe, mind you...but I like to know what's entering the tank.

jedimasterben

Ps. Nothing against the illustrious Mr. Thiel, but I feed nothing I can't obtain a breakdown of ingredients for. Don't need the exact recipe, mind you...but I like to know what's entering the tank.

+1

I've tried moving them before and the next I won't see them. Some are attached to rocks, one against the wall that houses the piping going down, maybe 3 on the sand that I can see. I'll try put those 3 in a little container. Once I leave in the morning at 7:20 I don't come home til 5:30 so there's only one feeding a day. I'll have to try it though and hope it works with those remaining 3 in the sand. Time to find one of those 6 oz containers.

When I visited Tropicorium, he kept all his babies in trays like so:

RFAbabies_zpsae231b9a.jpg

yeah, I read about that. Since there were so few I'm going to try scoop them up and put them in a little container. One attached to the wall I'll have to leave, concerned about smooshing it.

Builder Anthony

Well I just stumbled on your good news and congratulations.I have only one green tentacle and orange mouth flower nem.I think there really fun.I like how fast it opens up as soon as light touches it and they are fun to mess with every so often.Big pay off there as well.it sucks I can't see pictures on this crappy phone though.I will pro ally go on a PC sooner or later and check them out.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried moving them before and the next I won't see them. Some are attached to rocks, one against the wall that houses the piping going down, maybe 3 on the sand that I can see. I'll try put those 3 in a little container. Once I leave in the morning at 7:20 I don't come home til 5:30 so there's only one feeding a day. I'll have to try it though and hope it works with those remaining 3 in the sand. Time to find one of those 6 oz containers.

I just made some acrylic containers for my rfa babies. It is much easier to feed and keep control of them. I too feed only once a day but I blanket them with a bunch of food then half hour later I blow the gravel with a pipete (or Julian;s thing) to stir up the uneaten food and hopefully get a second feeding in shortly after. I'll try to post some pics later.

I couldn't even find the ones on the sand anymore to get them to put them in a container. I tried w/ a small container w/ a lid but I had to cover it then and it was bobbing in the water and then the pump turned it on its side. I think I'm better to leave them alone. The more I've touched them the less I've seen them.

I couldn't even find the ones on the sand anymore to get them to put them in a container. I tried w/ a small container w/ a lid but I had to cover it then and it was bobbing in the water and then the pump turned it on its side. I think I'm better to leave them alone. The more I've touched them the less I've seen them.

Use a shallow container (plastic, glass, etc), so there is some circulation within the container itself from the main tank. Fill it up with a thin layer of gravel (little more coarser than your sand?) so it does not bob around. I use a plastic spoon to scoop up the babies so if they do retract in the sand you just scoop up the area around it. I then just dump it in the container but spread it out. Put the container where there is plenty of direct light from the main tank. Try getting some small hermits or snails too to help turn the gravel around within the container. My best friend right now is Julian's thing which I use to both spot feed and churn the gravel around. Important not to create an area where water and gravel is stagnant.

Woo! caught up on your thread! Congrats on the spawning! :)

ty, now have to keep learning about the rearing. At least though I'm getting regular spawnings so they like the water conditions.

Can I ask what else you have in the tank besides RFA's? Any fish in this tank?

No fish.

A red mithrax crab, a mystery crab, a red sea star, a harlequin star, a sea egg (like an urchin), a pin cushion urchin, and 2 hawkwing conchs. Just inverts.

You have the best collection of flower anemones around. I see you upgraded but the tank you had your flower anemones in served as inspiration for my 10 gallon flower anemone tank :D I love the anemone that looks like it was splattered with green acid. AMAZING!

Archived