Cultivated Reef

My Rockin' Flower Garden!

FlowerMama

Nanofreak79

Thanks! I need some for in between my baffle on the 10 gallon sump. This is perfect. I have a petsmart nearby as well.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlowerMama

Thanks! I need some for in between my baffle on the 10 gallon sump. This is perfect. I have a petsmart nearby as well.

Probably can cut them into 1/2" strips and have 8 as the baffle is 1/4". I think that would work, don't you? Its just so the flow goes through the media then down and over into the next area.

Just got caught up on your thread today. Really sucky with the whole tank ordeal, but it looks like it worked out for the better. The shallow rimless tanks are awesome. Especially when they are filled with nems!! I just set up the 80 gallon version last weekend..

ooooh. You have a pic of your 80? thread?

FlowerMama

Your tank is coming along beautifly. :)

I found all the ice cream today.

20140519_181405_zpsho7bwzo5.jpg

Yes- you got the mother load there!!! Ha! And this is what I brought home after work!

001_zpse172eb30.jpg

I did buy some supplies today. 50 lbs of Caribsea live oolite and then 3/4" pvc, 1" pvc and 1" vinyl tubing and PVC glue. I also ordered 2 more pieces of glass for my baffle.

Yes- you got the mother load there!!! Ha! And this is what I brought home after work!

001_zpse172eb30.jpg

I did buy some supplies today. 50 lbs of Caribsea live oolite and then 3/4" pvc, 1" pvc and 1" vinyl tubing and PVC glue. I also ordered 2 more pieces of glass for my baffle.

I def. need to pick up Everything but the.....

Your tank is coming along beautifly. :)

I found all the ice cream today.

20140519_181405_zpsho7bwzo5.jpg

Our Ben & Jerry's is located by a Coldstone Creamery and a Pinkberry. All 3 in the same complex LOL. Pinkberry always wins for me :D.

They have to cycle flavors pretty regularly due to the size of the store but its nice.

I'm out with the other half today and i wanted to go since we were visiting the restraint next to it.

Saw a lot of flavors not typically offered in stores. Got me two scoops of "milk and cookies" in a waffle cone. :)

I def. need to pick up Everything but the.....

Our Ben & Jerry's is located by a Coldstone Creamery and a Pinkberry. All 3 in the same complex LOL. Pinkberry always wins for me :D.

Never heard of pinkberry. We have coldstones too but they're a ways away. I usually only visit them when I'm out visiting an lfs or petco that's an hour away.
FlowerMama

That is a beautiful tank. And the Razor was definitely the right choice! Very sleek :)

Yeah, after I saw Gena's I knew I wanted this light, just didn't know it would ever be for a 60g nem breeding tank! And after personally seeing FlCandy's 60 I thought, I dunno, it looks so big and when the 45 mishap happened I realized I needed the 60!!!

FlowerMama

Wow, looks nice! looking forward to following this tank build.

Thanks, I'm uber excited but I just thought of something as I'm filling it up, an inch is how many gallons? 48 x 24= 576 inches. SO......

576in³ = 2US gal lqd 3.94 pints, so ok, I need to make sure I have 3 gallons of space leftover in my sump for room? I've not used an automatic overflow drain so if it's like a 3 inch deep overflow, does that mean I have to allow for 9 gallons of space in my 20 if the power goes out and that has to drain out??? :o I'm sorry, I never thought about it UNTIL I started filling it up. This would surely be good for me to know before I glue the baffles in!!. :rolleyes: I hope someone can answer this for me please. Or once it stops there won't be any back flow? I don't know how these work. ha. UH... Help. :wacko: For reference I had a Lifereef overflow on my 34 so I don't know how this in place one works. Please enlighten me. ;)

Nanofreak79

I'm using what's basically a 20 high. 24x12x16. My water level goes from 8" deep to about 14" total once the tank drains all the way.

FlowerMama

Oh, and we have Coldstone, Baskin Robbins however many flavors, a couple frozen yogurt places, Rita's Italian Ice place, I know there are a couple more, one's a vegetarian place too I think.

I'm using what's basically a 20 high. 24x12x16. My water level goes from 8" deep to about 14" total once the tank drains all the way.

That'll give me some idea then. The 20L is only like 13.5 high.

Nanofreak79

Yeah, when I turned it off to check the full level I was a little unsure, as it kept rising and rising.

They have to cycle flavors pretty regularly due to the size of the store but its nice.

I'm out with the other half today and i wanted to go since we were visiting the restraint next to it.

Saw a lot of flavors not typically offered in stores. Got me two scoops of "milk and cookies" in a waffle cone. :)

Never heard of pinkberry. We have coldstones too but they're a ways away. I usually only visit them when I'm out visiting an lfs or petco that's an hour away.

Pinkberry is TDF :D. It's frozen yogurt. I always get the plain with strawberries and mochi on top. Basically this minus the blueberries.

post-25164-0-95719500-1400554345_thumb.jpg

My newest fat snack additions.

14039642390_f3938e2426.jpgMy Photo Stream-690 by -Nanofreak79-

I didn't know they still sold Americone Dream omgomgomg. Haven't seen it at the store here for a while.
Nanofreak79

My local small market had a poor selection. Maybe it's old? Doesn't taste old. I usually go to a big chain to get what I want.

My local small market had a poor selection. Maybe it's old? Doesn't taste old. I usually go to a big chain to get what I want.

They are always pretty picked over where I shop so I'm probably just missing it :D. I may have to have some ice cream tonight!
FlowerMama

Yeah, when I turned it off to check the full level I was a little unsure, as it kept rising and rising.

I couldn't like that comment because it scares me it's rising and rising! So for a 20long, maybe it'll only go as high as like 10 inches or something. It's a guess, I'm no good at math.

They are always pretty picked over where I shop so I'm probably just missing it :D. I may have to have some ice cream tonight!

Man, like we could all join a codependency group or something. We're always thirsty and hungry and we make each other eat pizza and bake biscuits and drink beer and cosmos and ice cream and it's always because the other made me do it!!!!

Nanofreak79

Going by 24x12x6" which is the amount my water rises, I'm looking at 12 ish gallons. My tank has the baffle set high as well, probably accounting for extra water into the sump.

I couldn't like that comment because it scares me it's rising and rising! So for a 20long, maybe it'll only go as high as like 10 inches or something. It's a guess, I'm no good at math.

Man, like we could all join a codependency group or something. We're always thirsty and hungry and we make each other eat pizza and bake biscuits and drink beer and cosmos and ice cream and it's always because the other made me do it!!!!

LOL, ain't that the truth. Just got caught up this thread and I had to get a snack.

Still need to try that biscuit recipe Gena posted. Made chili last night.

David

FlowerMama

Whoopey! I got wet last night.

Only 2" more to the overflow so I can't add but 1.5" tomorrow. When I get my glass I'll start on the sump.

I stood back. Truthfully my eyes watered :tears: and I got emotional thinking how much I loved it already and felt grateful that regular folks could get shallow tanks, not just those selling in the LFS or online in the industry. It's a thing of beauty already. I'm ecstatic omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

l would've wanted to share it with my best friend & spouse Don. It's just another beginning without him. I know I should be getting used to this by now but folks, you don't. You don't get used to not having them around. You feel like they're away on a business trip or something, it's just excessively long.

I'm getting closer to coming to terms with what I want as a tattoo. And when people say think about it for a loooooong time before you decide, they're correct. My first thought was more sad. 2 years later now I'm thinking of a Lily from the wedding flowers Don bought me and then it somehow morphs into a rock flower anemone. Symbolize past and present/future.

Lordy I love this tank! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

A Whites/Blues Bluish

0/100

003_zps2652ba42.jpg

100/0 Purplish

012_zps9ac38a43.jpg

100/100 Whoa Mama I need some shades!!!!

007_zps24c46030.jpg

75/100

006_zps8300524e.jpg

25/100

010_zpsdc2cae8c.jpg

Pinkberry is TDF :D. It's frozen yogurt. I always get the plain with strawberries and mochi on top. Basically this minus the blueberries.

pinkberry_med.jpg

All w get for frozen yogurt around here is sweetfrogs. :(

I didn't know they still sold Americone Dream omgomgomg. Haven't seen it at the store here for a while.

Really i still see it a lot. Saw some in b&j's today even.

Archived