Pod Your Reef

My 70g Cadlights Artisan, Radion Powered SPS Reef!

Alex B

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
opaquelace

I have a bunch of those utter peace palys I didn't know what they were "named." I love them

Though. Also great additions. I love te look of that light so much, and the tank!!

I have a bunch of those utter peace palys I didn't know what they were "named." I love them

Though. Also great additions. I love te look of that light so much, and the tank!!

Thank you. I also like the light very much. I think I'm going to drop it about 2 inches though.

The palys are awesome. I don't get into designer names much either when it comes to zoas. I know most of the more popular ones, but that's about it. I got these super cheap! I paid 10 for this frag and 20 for the 4 polyps of rasta. I always see the Rastas at like 20 a polyp. Glad my lfs hooked it up.

opaquelace

I know the names and I'll pay more for what I like and feel like I have to have regardless if name or no name. I love good prices on paly frags. I would love to have some Rastas they're so bright! I want some Mary Janes as well and some My Clementines. Names are a good way to keep track of morphs IMO. I was thinking what we had looked like lunar eclipses or the x men palys but we have the grey centers with that design as well and the light colored mouths that almost look like people water mouths. And they're large. We have a rock of about 40 of them that my husband picked up from our LFS. I'm super excited to see how that princess peach looks in a colony in your tank.

Siick gonna be good.

Thanks man. Hopefully over the next couple months i can build a nice sps list!

I'm very amazed at the stability of the tank right now. It's so young, but is doing very good. Everything is stable, corals look pretty decent, polyp extension is pretty good on most of the frags. I couldn't ask for more. I'm very impressed with zeovit so far. The tank looks very clean too. Rock and sand has stayed super clean. I've actually been feeding heavy. I feel like it's too clean. I was expecting a tough time in the beginning . Being new to zeovit and it being a new tank. So far it's great though! I couldn't ask for more.

I know the names and I'll pay more for what I like and feel like I have to have regardless if name or no name. I love good prices on paly frags. I would love to have some Rastas they're so bright! I want some Mary Janes as well and some My Clementines. Names are a good way to keep track of morphs IMO. I was thinking what we had looked like lunar eclipses or the x men palys but we have the grey centers with that design as well and the light colored mouths that almost look like people water mouths. And they're large. We have a rock of about 40 of them that my husband picked up from our LFS. I'm super excited to see how that princess peach looks in a colony in your tank.

Cool! The princess peach was amazing in person. My piece is still recovering. Just got cut up a week ago. Have you seen this coral before? I've looked for pics online but don't see anything. It was pink with green tips, and super bright pinkish peach polyps!

opaquelace

Thanks man. Hopefully over the next couple months i can build a nice sps list! I'm very amazed at the stability of the tank right now. It's so young, but is doing very good. Everything is stable, corals look pretty decent, polyp extension is pretty good on most of the frags. I couldn't ask for more. I'm very impressed with zeovit so far. The tank looks very clean too. Rock and sand has stayed super clean. I've actually been feeding heavy. I feel like it's too clean. I was expecting a tough time in the beginning . Being new to zeovit and it being a new tank. So far it's great though! I couldn't ask for more. Cool! The princess peach was amazing in person. My piece is still recovering. Just got cut up a week ago. Have you seen this coral before? I've looked for pics online but don't see anything. It was pink with green tips, and super bright pinkish peach polyps!

No I haven't but I love the peach and orange milleporas. I'm afraid if I add a peach/orange/pink millepora it will fade :/

No I haven't but I love the peach and orange milleporas. I'm afraid if I add a peach/orange/pink millepora it will fade :/

They had the colony up high right under radions. Color was very good! It was in a mixed reef that gets fed pretty heavy, but has great filtration and stays pretty clean. Let's see if my piece will color up. I really hope so!

Cleannn. :)

:)

By the way. My scoly is dooonneeee. So sad. On the bright side. I will be setting up a lps tank. I just don't think they will thrive in this tank. Build thread to come soon. Everything is already in motion!

Will you be the next lps guru/god? :bowdown:

Lol..I'm a fuzzy stick guy. I love the pop factor of lps corals. That's for sure. My wife is very into them! This is really going to be her tank. She actually likes the hobby a lot. So far these are her wants.

Bare bottom full of scolys and acans

A island of euphylia

And chalices covering every inch of rock.

It sounds like a good plan to me! I am local to Wwc so getting some sick chalices is going to be fun.

Sickkkk, wwc does have some highend stuff from time to time. I'm a lps guy. I used to have a lps collection but took it down for no real good reason...lol. I plan to bring it back pretty darn soon but using kessils a150w 15k and black sand this time. It's going to be super blue...my previous lps collection was under 10k sky blue so it wasn't as poppy on those lps.

This is going to go under another nanobox light. Its gonna have some nice little touches ;)

Get that tank going. I have seen your older builds and enjoyed them very much.

Hahah I don't think you've seen my picO shallow rimless build with lps collection in the past since it was long ago. It was decent but could've been better imo. Nanobox is great, but it's too good for me lol. I just need blues on the tank at all times; I'm starting to lose interest in the "natural look" kind of lights.

Is this lps tank going to be big or nano? Better be shallow. :)

I have seen your scoly tank, and I believe I did see your lps tank. I have long been lurking nano-reef. Like years long. I just didn't post. I feel like this is my first tank worth sharing. I put much thought into it, and tried to use good equipment. My other tanks also had good stuff, but never were exactly what I wanted.

This tank is going to be nano. I really love small tanks. I am actually going with one of the nanobox synergy tanks. The 12x12x9

I guess I would still count that as shallow. ;) I wanted to go bigger, but my wife wants it in a particular spot.

I think this little tank is going to be cool. The small footprint will make it look nice and full from the get!

Oh nice. Those synergy setups are quite the eye catcher. zrgost has one.

I'm surprised you saw my tank in the past, it was back in 2010-11 I think. My name at the time was IIX, lol.

Hmmm...Well I think i did see ur thread! I tend to remember stuff I like! I definitely have seen ur scoly tank!

So what do you think about my plan. Being you have more experience in lps.

I plan on only biological filtration. Basically it's going to have a heater hidden behind rockwork, a mp10 for flow, and maybe a tunze nano topoff. If not I will manually top off everyday. Once in the morning before I leave, and once when i get home. I used to top off my 60f by hand and never had problems.

I plan to only have 1 small fish like a goby and a very small cuc to keep the bioload low. Plan to keep nutrients and parameters in check are.

Water change every week, and siphon bottom

Feed the corals the day of my water change. Basically siphon all the left over food out that day.

Feed my fish 1 time a day only what he can eat.

If needed dose some of the zeovit stuff to keep nutrients in check (doubt it will be needed)

I really want minimal equipment and a SUPER clean tank. Plan to make a nice rock structure that will hide the heater and mp10. The light will be hung also, so no wires behind the tank!

Wife just surprised me with a Jason fox red hot setosa and palmers blue Millie.

The list continues...

The list continues...

thats a good women :D

Arkayology

The list continues...

She needs to hang out with my fiancé. I am not allowed to get tank stuff as gifts. :(

its really cool to have the wife into it. i like to hear what she wants to add to the tank.

She's more of a Lps fan. She likes the pop and glow, as I call it. She actually can name and talk about a decent amount of coral. You would be very surprised lol...we are actually setting up another tank now. It's gonna be all lps just for her. I feel bad. We bought a scoly and it didn't make it. Seems like between the light, flow, and low nutrients. Lps is doomed from the start in my tank. Oh well...I tried.

Now she gets her own tank and whatever she wants.

She needs to hang out with my fiancé. I am not allowed to get tank stuff as gifts. :(

That's a crappy rule. No Bueno...

opaquelace

That's no fun!!

Archived